Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2378

Thread: Book Collection: needfulthings

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I know. Give him any King book as long as it is not signed. That's something he won't have.

Spoiler:
    I WISH!...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce, I would never suggest any harm to "Mr. Sta-puft" however, his products would do nicely. In fact, you bring the graham crackers and I'll bring the chocolate and we can have "smores"!!! lol lol lol

Jerome. if you will allow me, I would be happy to send, Bruce his million post reward. I know just what to get him!!!

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Why am I seeing the hot air balloon from the Wizard of Oz?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Bruce, I would never suggest any harm to "Mr. Sta-puft" however, his products would do nicely. In fact, you bring the graham crackers and I'll bring the chocolate and we can have "smores"!!! lol lol lol

Jerome. if you will allow me, I would be happy to send, Bruce his million post reward. I know just what to get him!!!

Spoiler:

Go for it. If you know what to get the man who has everything, that would be great.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Done. Keep a weather eye out for the mailman around the 21st, Brucey!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

IT BETTER NOT BE A BOX OF GRAHAM CRACKERS #@&*$##!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn!!!! You guessed it!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S PISSED OFF NOW...BILL IS SENDING GRAHAM CRACKERS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another of those Boring, Unlabeled Slipcases which if you could find one for sale are now fetching more then $1,5000...But wait is it because of what is in the slipcase and not some over blown fancy box that some people now think is more important then the book itself? As a BOOK collector I feel that this slipcase, traycase thing has gotten totally out of hand. Like in the case of the S/L A BOOK OF HORRORS the ONLY thing impressive about that book is the traycase (and that's just wrong) .

Then again when I design a book there is no slipcase required.

Another case in point "The Salmon Turd".
    With the death of Donald M Grant in 2009 the designs of books and cases fell into others hands....In 2012 the last original Dark Tower book (at least at this point in time) The Wind In The Keyhole was published by GRANT with a S/L issued to the holders of the owners of the proceeding same numbered books and up until this time all the books in the seven volume (10 books) the slipcases matched in size and gave a uniform and pleasing feel to the eye. But then came along volume number eight and the whole integrity of the sets was destroyed by the garish oversized salmon traycase that held the S/L The Wind In the Keyhole (The size of the book was a match to all the other volumes in the set). When you come right down to it the slipcase that holds the gift edition would have been a better case to hold the S/L. But like I stated before "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE #@*&*#@ TRAYCASE" these days.IMHO

The Salmon Turd.

The Books are all the same size.

The Original slipcase & The Salmon Turd.

The Original with the Gift Slipcase ( a little more fancy then all the other slipcases in the set...but better then The Salmon Turd.)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce, I somehow sense you don't like this S/L....

Please accept $50 to take it off your hands..... I can PM you the address
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

What and break up 1 of 67 accounted for complete same numbered sets? This is a case of a red-haired stepchild...You have to love itbecause it's yours.

Spoiler:
    Love the book ...Just displeased with the "MISMATCHED" "OVERSIZED" "TRAYCASE" it came in.
    .Even Hodder & Stoughton got it RIGHT....Signatures 1/200 & Facsimile signatures 1/700 are bound right in the books and great slipcases. What's not to love?

Can anyone confirm that this book is indeed signed by the photographer Harry Connolly?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Can anyone confirm that this book is indeed signed by the photographer Harry Connolly?
    Sending you a PM with his contact info. He lives in Baltimore.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice signed proof to have Bruce.

Would be better if it also had King & Martin.
    But then I guess that is what S/L are for? West Coast collectors.

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just spent an hour or so reading through your thread, needfulthings - absolutely amazing.

Does anyone know if Douglas Winter is still involved in the genre these days? I always enjoyed his non fiction/analysis, as well as his short stories.
    Lincoln.

Just got a phone call back from Mr. Connolly & it is indeed a signed 1st edition FYI The 1st editions were issued without a printed price on the dust jacket there were NO Book Club editions of this book & until Mr. Connolly's agent acquired Kings introduction we could not get the book published.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Bruce!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is that FILM COMMENT issue?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Cover article "Is Film Criticism To Violent?"

.....But Now this one does have an ARTICLE by Stephen King!

Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast