My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Occupy Wall Street

Consolodate yo' shit!

Words we'd be wise to heed.

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011...-observations/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Political Agenda Thread.

Not good forum ettiquette
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

It's more of a photo-essay thread, IMO. But I suppose it's a matter of interpretation.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was half kidding. Forgot the LOL smiley!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, that reminds me what I like about Libertarians. The right wing has some good points -- when a Republican can acknowledge how excessive corporate and banking abuses have gotten, he's worth hearing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not that I condone what the Banks did, but a substantial amount of the blame goes to the regulators and especially the Clinton Administration for relaxing credit requirements. You can't put a shark in the water and not expect it to eat.

Still, they should have been responsible enough to relaize they needed to protect the food supply, so to speak. When they're in a eating frenzy though (making money hand over fist) it's hard to pay attention to those things. Also lets not forget that Ignorance is not a defense for the Home buyers either. Used to be that folks were responsible purchasers as well. Now it's "Oh they bullied me into a loan" and that's kinda sad as well.

The whole thing is a sick mess, but it starts at the top and rolls on down. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was not talking only about what the banks did that one time, but problems with globalized capitalism in general. Still, I agree with what you just said: the 2008 financial crisis demonstrates our need for more government regulation. Too bad the Dodd-Frank Act has been handicapped and watered down, and faces worse, just like all the consumer protection campaigns of the decades before it came to crisis.

Link: "Richard Cordray to get committee confirmation vote Thursday"

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what this thread is about?

http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2...-try-not-laugh

LOL That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen!!! LOL And these folks have an education?

OK, Merlin Out!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Wow! If this is what their demands are I am astounded at this protest. Ideological veiwpoints of this nature are just not pratical in my opinion. On this note I will take a queue from Merlin and say I'm out.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

the media is fulla crap, we need to protest outside the tv studios

good morning america/times square anyone?
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not all media is created equal. Notice the source link from the Fox Nation post Merlin put up -- "Read more at washingtontimes.com". If you go to that original Washington Times page, you'll see that they found more information and updated it. http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...post-manifest/

http://coupmedia.org/occupywallstree...l-demands-2009

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update path! To be a bit more positive I am thrilled to see people being more active and vocal regardless of my thoughts on them.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

"... Some say occupywallstreet has not articulated their complaints clearly enough. I disagree. ...
    It's about greed-blinded corporatism, not fair & genuine, free-market capitalism
    It's about true free-market capitalism, not unlawfully-fixed-market capitalism
    It's about fair trade, not a job-stealing, free trade, empty promise of prosperity
    It's about outsourcing jobs and offshoring profits and de-unionizing wage earners
    It's about privatizing profit and socializing loss
    ... "
    *nods*

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Here, here.

As with many such organizations, Occupy needs to be careful of who takes leadership roles if or when the time comes.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the first part of my photo-essay, which I don't think I've posted yet.

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011...y-wall-street/

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Friday at lunchtime I walked down to Dealy Plaza here in Dallas. That's where the "occupy" folks have set up. I've never seen so many hairy-legged women and dirty hippies in one place! ....well, not since the late 1960s anyway...

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Where there any JFK conspiracy theorists, just out of curiosity?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HA! There are ALWAYS JFK conspiracy nuts in Dealy Plaza.

You know.....even though I think Ann Coulter is a sexually frustrated psycho hosebag, I literally LOL'ed when she called these protesters the "Flea Party".

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I took my third trip to Zuccotti Park this weekend. Here's Part I of the resulting photo essay:

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011...zuccotti-park/

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the final part of my photo-essay:

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011...treet-part-iv/

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully, my interview with NPR will air sometime later this week.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Any JFK conspiracy theorists of the intelligent variety? We do exist, you know.
    "There are not even 100 people in this country who hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they think the Catholic Church to be."

--Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Any JFK conspiracy theorists of the intelligent variety? We do exist, you know.
    I'm certain there are. I am also certain that the second an intelligent one shows up in dealey plaza the crazy starts rubbing off on them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

That I'm not so certain of, but since this isn't a thread for this topic, I'll leave it at that.
    "There are not even 100 people in this country who hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they think the Catholic Church to be."

--Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast