Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reputation" feature

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's possible you need at least 5 posts. Post a few more times and see if that works. The star should show up under the feedback score. And welcome to the site
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Heather. Gave me another chance to post. I'm attempting to post my 5 to get past beginner stage, but it's important to me that I don't just post randomly. Can you explain what the fund is for? The Haven thing? I'm brand new. Oh, guess you already knew that. I think it will work just fine. I'm also looking for where discussions of the actual books are. I'm not interested in buying any particular "edition". I'm not a bibliophile as much as I just love to read.

Oh! Check it out! It I've got 8 posts! And as I look around I see the star everyone talked about and the thread tools, and view options, very cool! It worked!
    Last edited by gottaluvoy; 04-09-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Realized I was past 5 posts

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well it looks like you have more than 5 posts, so you should be good to go.

The Haven Foundation fundraiser is a fundraiser the site does annually. There's auctions on some great items, as well as little contests and giveways. It runs from Jan-May I believe. There's a whole sub-forum for it where you can find some more information. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Fundraiser Also Bill will probably be by to welcome you

If you're looking for discussions on King's books, Cara Laughs is where you'll find all that. And if you're looking for The Dark Tower specifically head over to Mid-World. You'll find plenty to discuss there.

If you need any more help finding you're way around just let me know
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvoy View Post
    Thank you Heather. Gave me another chance to post. I'm attempting to post my 5 to get past beginner stage, but it's important to me that I don't just post randomly. Can you explain what the fund is for? The Haven thing? I'm brand new. Oh, guess you already knew that. I think it will work just fine. I'm also looking for where discussions of the actual books are. I'm not interested in buying any particular "edition". I'm not a bibliophile as much as I just love to read.

Oh! Check it out! It I've got 8 posts! And as I look around I see the star everyone talked about and the thread tools, and view options, very cool! It worked!
    The Haven Fund? Why it's only the coolest thing on the internet!!! Look here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Fundraiser

And Here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rqued-Duma-Key

And Here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...aven-Fund-2014
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler bennylava will become famous soon enough

Hi is there any reason I can't post yet? You guys do want new members don't you? If i can't post a thread soon I'll have to find another forum.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    Hi is there any reason I can't post yet? You guys do want new members don't you? If i can't post a thread soon I'll have to find another forum.
    You've posted three times. Once you post ten times then they don't moderate your every post.

Once you post five times you can use the PM and most other features.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You've posted three times. Once you post ten times then they don't moderate your every post.

Once you post five times you can use the PM and most other features.
    I thought 5 posts got you full privileges. Never heard of the 10 post feature. Then, you learn something new every day.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler bennylava will become famous soon enough

I like the reputation feature on any board because it really helps out. I have noticed though, that once someone gets started into bad reputation, people tend to gang up on them and their rep goes much farther south than they really earned. You can tell because those with bad rep will have TONS of bad rep. There isn't ever anyone with just one or two points of bad rep. Its like people enjoy punishing someone so they just hive mind and they all start making it a point to give that person bad rep.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the reputation feature on any board because it really helps out. I have noticed though, that once someone gets started into bad reputation, people tend to gang up on them and their rep goes much farther south than they really earned. You can tell because those with bad rep will have TONS of bad rep. There isn't ever anyone with just one or two points of bad rep. Its like people enjoy punishing someone so they just hive mind and they all start making it a point to give that person bad rep.
    I think on this site only Moderators (maybe even just RF) can give 'bad' rep. It is possible to leave negative feedback on a transaction that has occurred between members, but I think only positive rep can be given
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe a member can give negative rep, but it cannot be anonymous.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you talking about the itrader feature or rep? With rep (star icon) I think it's only a comment and seems to only allow a positive to the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Are you talking about the itrader feature or rep? With rep (star icon) I think it's only a comment and seems to only allow a positive to the poster.

Not the itrader, the rep (staricon).
    Try it. Give me a neg rep to see if it works.

Looking into the matter, but apparently you are correct.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Give it a try now (on me).
    Should work.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet. Now we have options to give positive or negative rep. You are the man!

Should work.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Should work.
    I don't think you left a negative. That is the only way to test.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Give me a negative for not following directions... I will let you know if it worked right.

Should work.
    I don't think you left a negative. That is the only way to test.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems to work. The notification does not tell you if it's negative or positive rep however the box next to the rep comment is colored grey/slate whereas previous positive rep provided green boxes.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For what it's worth, I preferred it that you could only leave positive rep. It's a nice way to give thanks for something or to express how good you thought a post was. I think negative rep would be open to abuse. Take the recent 'debate' on the PS books, if the option to leave neg rep had been available, it could have got out if hand.

My 2c.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Can a member give themselves a neg. rep. point?

I will try.

Nope
    Last edited by Jon; 05-08-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Follow up
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I will try.
    Now why on earth would you want to give yourself "Neg Rep"? You're a good guy, some questionable taste in music, but a nice enough fellow. I'm gonna give you "Pos Rep" to cancel out your "Reputation Suicide"!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Oh, and go get some, Eric Clapton blues albums!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I just put on some Little River Band. (for a "cool change")

I think you will approve.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I will try.

Nope
    I just helped you out by giving neg rep.

Traveler iJosh will become famous soon enough iJosh will become famous soon enough

Reputation is a great idea.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you just got one from me, LOL

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question: I want to give someone rep points but it keeps telling me that I need to "spread it around" a bit first. How many other people must I give rep points to before it will let me give it that person? I must have given out 6 lots of rep points to different people today, but it still telling me that I need to "spread it around" a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast