Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome series on CBS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, HBO is a cable channel. That said, Stephen mentioned HBO while on the UTD tour, but no official announcement has been made.

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

Well I will have to see it on DVD then. I do not have HBO

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yay for my parents purchasing HBO. And seriously R rated stuff or worse is on there, so I think they totally could pull off the beginning of the book (I am still only about half way through it myself so this thread is one of the few I will venture into for UTD)
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After having read the book, I'm less excited than I was, but I'm sure I'll check it out eventually.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i want ryan seacrest to play barbie...

ok i lied lol....it should be done well though, considering it is HBO and no the SyFy channel. i'm guessing 5-6 2 hour episodes, which i hope will be done because it will capture everything and leave nothing to out.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gunslinger Apprentice chuxter is on a distinguished road chuxter's Avatar

I think Penn Teller should play Jim Rennie

<slinks back into non-existence>
    Whale oil beef hooked!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chuxter View Post
    I think Penn Teller should play Jim Rennie

<slinks back into non-existence>
    Why do that?

And I agree Penn would be great.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

john goodman, if he wasn't so damn loveable
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

John F. Kennedy Stuffy-Guy is on a distinguished road

About 230 miles SSE of Bangor, ME (suburban Boston)
    My Mood
    Shocked

John Goodman can do non-loveable.... Check him out in "Barton Fink". He'd be good here.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/0...under-the-dome

Scribe Michael Greene has been tasked with bringing the horror novelist legend's gigantic book to TV for a mini-series with producer Steven Spielberg overseeing the project.

Michael Greene (Green Lantern, TV's The River) will adapt Under the Dome for Dreamworks TV. Veteran director Steven Spielberg will oversee the project's development as producer as it transitions from novel to mini-series. Dreamworks TV is currently trying to find a home for it's new series Locke & Keye after the FOX network passed on the supernatural comic adapted program.
    Hopefully it's still with HBO.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Hands down, this is Jim Rennie

Sloth Love Chunk

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffy-Guy View Post
    John Goodman can do non-loveable.... Check him out in "Barton Fink". He'd be good here.
    Or "fallen" with Denzel Washington

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

meh. I was never 100% taken with the book, I would have prefered one of his others but, hey ho

I still need to do a re-read, just trying to work up to it

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Under the Dome miniseries on Showtime

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...rg-team-229385
    Stephen King and Steven Spielberg are at it again. The duo who previously teamed on The Talisman are developing a drama series based on King’s 2009 novel Under the Dome. The project, which will be produced by DreamWorks Television, revolves around locals a Maine locale who battle each other when a force field surrounds their town and cuts them off from the remainder of the world. King will executive produce along with DreamWorks TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. No writer is currently attached.
    DreamWorks TV also produces Spielberg’s TNT alien invasion drama Falling Skies, which was recently picked up for a second season, and had the Toni Collette dramedy United States of Tara at Showtime.
    King and Peter Straub’s fantasy novel The Talisman was published in 1984, which TNT developed into a six-part miniseries in 2006; the project was ultimately scraped due to budget concerns.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=81616
    As reported back in 2009, Steven Spielberg and Stephen King are teaming for a television adaptation of King's novel Under the Dome. Now, Deadline reports that Showtime has stepped in as the home for the upcoming series.

The book revolves around the drama that unfolds after an invisible force field suddenly descends on a small vacation town in Maine. As the locals fight for their survival, the town descends into warring factions led by enigmatic characters.

Spielberg, King and DreamWorks' Stacey Snider will executive produce along with DreamWorks TV chiefs Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. No other creative talent has yet been announced, but that is expected to change in the very near future.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I hope Sir Raul Esperaza watches it and realizes that Romeo "Rommie" Burpee isn;t from India.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    i want ryan seacrest to play barbie...

ok i lied lol....it should be done well though, considering it is HBO and no the SyFy channel. i'm guessing 5-6 2 hour episodes, which i hope will be done because it will capture everything and leave nothing to out.
    Ryan Gosling would be a better choice for Barbie IMO.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I think rather than a couple things that may or may not be filmed this one could actually happen. I don't see a need for a huge budget, just the beginning and the end would need special effects. 1/4 of the character arcs could be cut without hurting the overall adaptation.
    I hope Dan Castellaneta gets a part.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I hope Dan Castellaneta gets a part.

Haha, yea.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to be nit-picky, but is it HBO or Showtime?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Showtime.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Showtime.
    thanks!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

King did mention HBO by name a while back. But the official word right now is Showtime. Hopefully HBO gets The Dark Tower.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Showtime is cool. I guess they have more to "prove" in the mini-series dept. Brotherhood though was excellent and I could see them doing justice to UTD!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast