Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Under the Dome series on CBS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
    We are now a couple episodes into season 3. Has anyone been watching? What is the verdict? Is it worth watching?
    It's alright. Dean Norris still gives a good performance.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've enjoyed watching it, but it's time. I thought the season started strong, but it's getting more and more "out there."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. The season 1 was good fun and mysterious. The second season sort of became a bit weird. The current, third and last season bring answers but do seem a bit ridiculous...

On a totally different subject, I absolutely LOVED the serie "The Whispers" based on a story by Ray Bradbury !
    >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Whispers_(TV_series)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I've enjoyed watching it, but it's time. I thought the season started strong, but it's getting more and more "out there."
    Same. Although I've been struggling to watch it the past few weeks. I just really don't care about any of the characters anymore. They've pretty much threw out everything from the first couple of seasons (4 hands anyone?) and have gone in a completely new direction with 2 characters that had been there since the beginning but nobody knew existed.

I'm ready for it to be over.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your wish is granted. It got cancelled and will be ending within a month.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Thank God. What a terrible show.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Any hope that the ending of the show is better than the book's ending?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't see the ending being satisfying. I hope I'm wrong, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Neither can I. Something they have forgotten to explain and to delve more into, is the mystery of the Four Hands. Among other things. They have likely written a very rushed ending that will leave lots of mysteries unsolved, and the contradictions will be debated for a long time to come until people give up and leave this mess behind for good. No wonder King is Executive Producing on 11/22/63 instead...it's obvious that this upcoming show will be so much better. And Spielberg? If Dome was such a great show, he would likely have been directing an episode or two. Under the Dome will go down in history as the worst King TV "adaptation." It's even worse than the ABC miniseries of The Tommyknockers. I do wish all the actors the best of luck in pursuing other parts in the business, and I hope Dean Norris's notable carreer will not be tainted too much because of Dome.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

R.I.P. At least it paved the way for more programming in that vein. It was decent summer fare for awhile and then went off the reservation IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The SERIES FINALE was broadcasted yesterday. Currently grabbing it...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1stly i've never read the book and even if i had i didn't expect it to be just like it. i recall them saying it was a 5 year plan and we only got 3 years of it. i enjoyed the hell out of the show for what it was. i get why people were pissed off when it wasn't like the book but honestly they RARELY are so i dunno why people get so pissed off when they clearly know that. and honestly season 3 this one that just ended last week sucked ass. here's what it really reminded me of The Tommyknockers yeah it was changed some but it was the tommyknockeres more or less. it had Bobbi in it too but this time as Villian. and barbi was clearly Gard. the last episode was medicore it wasn't as bad as other shows have done to be fair. but it still left ya on a cliff-hanger when it clearly didn't need to. all they needed to do is film an alternate ending just in case they get cancelled. how hard is that? fuck having enough time they easily could have done it while they were still filming it. but than what the hell do i know ya know?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    1stly i've never read the book and even if i had i didn't expect it to be just like it. i recall them saying it was a 5 year plan and we only got 3 years of it. i enjoyed the hell out of the show for what it was. i get why people were pissed off when it wasn't like the book but honestly they RARELY are so i dunno why people get so pissed off when they clearly know that. and honestly season 3 this one that just ended last week sucked ass. here's what it really reminded me of The Tommyknockers yeah it was changed some but it was the tommyknockeres more or less. it had Bobbi in it too but this time as Villian. and barbi was clearly Gard. the last episode was medicore it wasn't as bad as other shows have done to be fair. but it still left ya on a cliff-hanger when it clearly didn't need to. all they needed to do is film an alternate ending just in case they get cancelled. how hard is that? fuck having enough time they easily could have done it while they were still filming it. but than what the hell do i know ya know?
    For my part it wasn't that it didn't follow the book. I knew it wouldn't do that going in. To me the story just went way off the rails as far as making any sense or plausibility. The writers kind of just went crazy and I lost interest in what they were serving. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    For my part it wasn't that it didn't follow the book. I knew it wouldn't do that going in. To me the story just went way off the rails as far as making any sense or plausibility. The writers kind of just went crazy and I lost interest in what they were serving. JMHO
    I said it once before but at some point, the storyline started to remind me of improv the way it jumped around so much.

What really did it for me is when the guy fell off the roof, broke his back and the literally a couple of days later (with very little medical equipment or medicine available) he was tooling around in a wheelchair like it was nothing and suddenly he was no longer under the spell of the kinship.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19