Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 392 of 462 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 390 391 392 393 394 402 442 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    It's also quite large
    HUGE!
    OR YUGE! IF YOU PREFER
    No, not huge. It looks bigly though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Is this what you mean? I've seen quite a few that look like this. And I've seen that other seller's are flipping his copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...p2047675.l2557
    Perfect example, as a matter of fact that particular copy was up for resale resently by another seller.
    One of the particulars I found interesting about the "Stephen" in the signature of this book is the exactness in which it's duplicated on a few others floating around (same color pen) but... the last part of the signature "King" changes to match the approximate year of signature for that particular book.
    Sorry if this seems confusing, obviously I'm not a professional on this matter.
    I also want to make clear that I'm not claiming these as forgeries, I just find these very suspect.
    In addition, these lite blue copies remind me of the disappearing ink copies that were up for sale here a few years ago.
    Cook, could you elaborate on the disappearing ink books? I have never heard of this and would like to learn more. thanks
    "Disappearing ink" is a phrase that seemed to stick in my mind because of how they appeared to me.
    The phrase disappearing ink might have been mentioned by somebody here on the site as well, my memory is not the best.
    A few years ago a known seller on this site had quite a few for sale that "I" thought looked suspect because all of the signatures appeared ghostlike.
    Thanks, I am so skeptical of any signature NOT signed in from of me.
    I'm sure you meant to say...."Signed in FRONT of me"?
    But why would I find that necessary to point that out?
    Can you say...
    Spoiler:
    RETRIBUTION?
    also based on YOUR statement...That this "OLD FOOL" can assume that the number of signed books in your collection that you are not SKEPTICAL of is "1"?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Is this what you mean? I've seen quite a few that look like this. And I've seen that other seller's are flipping his copies.

Perfect example, as a matter of fact that particular copy was up for resale resently by another seller.
    One of the particulars I found interesting about the "Stephen" in the signature of this book is the exactness in which it's duplicated on a few others floating around (same color pen) but... the last part of the signature "King" changes to match the approximate year of signature for that particular book.
    I also want to make clear that I'm not claiming these as forgeries, I just find these very suspect.
    In addition, these lite blue copies remind me of the disappearing ink copies that were up for sale here a few years ago.
    Cook, could you elaborate on the disappearing ink books? I have never heard of this and would like to learn more. thanks
    "Disappearing ink" is a phrase that seemed to stick in my mind because of how they appeared to me.
    The phrase disappearing ink might have been mentioned by somebody here on the site as well, my memory is not the best.
    A few years ago a known seller on this site had quite a few for sale that "I" thought looked suspect because all of the signatures appeared ghostlike.
    Can you say...
    Spoiler:
    RETRIBUTION?
    also based on YOUR statement...That this "OLD FOOL" can assume that the number of signed books in your collection that you are not SKEPTICAL of is "1"?
    Read it again.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I DID!
    "I am so skeptical of "ANY" signature not signed in "FROM" of me."
    NOW WHAT?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I DID!
    "I am so skeptical of "ANY" signature not signed in "FROM" of me."
    NOW WHAT?
    have a nice evening Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you say...
    Spoiler:
    RETRIBUTION?
    WTF? Come on, Bruce. I think you should stop with all this bullshit and discuss this as an adult via PMs, not here.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Even A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day

Signed Nightmares and Dreamscapes offered by allstarbooks2010.

Seller is a notorious forger, but just to be crafty they are offering a legitimate signature.

Interesting the crap they usually sell starts on auction and sells cheap while a legit signature is BUY IT NOW only.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A friend from the German SK Forum bought this book...
    seller told him it was signed: 2010 Peaney Park Ballroom in Omaha, Nebraska

What do you think ?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's good Frank...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks fine to me as well, Frank!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Good

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, it's good.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless King signs a T-shirt in front of you, it's tough to tell if a signature is legit.

STEPHEN KING Autographed MAINE Pine Tree State 1820 T Shirt Mint Condition M

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Country
    Country Flag

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    but it was signed on my birthday so it must be legit

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, that copy of 'Cell' is definitely a fake, look at the pressure points, etc. Do you guys report fakes you spot to eBay?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RWSellers stoops to new lows. Seems like their practice is now to copy inscription pages from books and transfer them onto cards. Here is their copy of Creepshow which comes with an "inscribed card".

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132168924140

Here is a photo of the inscribed Talisman I bought from Betts...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    RWSellers stoops to new lows. Seems like their practice is now to copy inscription pages from books and transfer them onto cards. Here is their copy of Creepshow which comes with an "inscribed card".

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132168924140

Here is a photo of the inscribed Talisman I bought from Betts...

What a fuck!

Country
    Country Flag

He pulled it.

Country
    Country Flag

His reponse:

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I purchased this book and signature from another person online. I will be taking down the listing, as it does not appear to be authentic. I will be bringing a claim against that seller.

Thanks."

What a dicknose...

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What a douche canoe

Country
    Country Flag

Please take that to EBay. Make sure they know he is scamming people!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Please take that to EBay. Make sure they know he is scamming people!

I reported the item, and tried for 10 minutes to find somewhere to report the seller generally, with no luck yet. I'll take another shot later. In the meantime, the seller has been writing:

"Again, thanks for bringing to my attention the problem with the listing. I appreciate it.

I do not appreciate your vague accusations and threats, however. I run an honest enterprise. I got fooled with this particular item. I know it happens to the most experienced sellers."

And then...

"If you think there's any problem with any other signed King book I have listed, please let me know.

Thanks."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 392 of 462 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 390 391 392 393 394 402 442 ... LastLast