Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 462 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Horrible fake!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Every King signed book this seller is selling / has sold is a fake.

LINK

SOLD LINK
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are soooooo bad.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yecchh!

John

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    What did you think the seller would say to you when you threatened him with a report to eBay in your first contact?

Did you expect him to to thank you?

You could have easily accomplished what you wanted to do without a threat.

If I had been on the receiving end of your emails, I would have responded much less pleasantly.

And do you really believe eBay is going to have their Research Team jump on this to validate your claim?

Every King signed book this seller is / has sold is a fake.

LINK

SOLD LINK

I have a great idea, why don't you contact the seller and let him know your concerns and teach him the proper way to conduct trade on eBay?

But be careful not to threaten the seller with action from eBay though, you might upset him and get an unpleasant response! LOL!

That way you will be simultaneously educating me on how to correctly contact a dodgy seller!... How about that?

Teach me, Obi-Wan!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What did you think the seller would say to you when you threatened him with a report to eBay in your first contact?

If I had been on the receiving end of your emails, I would have responded much less pleasantly.

And do you really believe eBay is going to have their Research Team jump on this to validate your claim?
    Yeah, but you wouldn't be on the receieving end - because you don't sell crap.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Every King signed book this seller is / has sold is a fake.

LINK

SOLD LINK

I have a great idea, why don't you contact the seller and let him know your concerns and teach him the proper way to conduct trade on eBay?

But be careful not to threaten the seller with action from eBay though, you might upset him and get an unpleasant response! LOL!

That way you will be simultaneously educating me on how to correctly contact a dodgy seller!... How about that?

Teach me, Obi-Wan!!!!
    Why would I or any person on this forum contact them?

He knows he is selling fakes....and does not need anyone to tell him that.

If you want to report the listing to eBay, feel free to do so.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Wow, what a scumbag.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with tippy4. Take the time to report the item, but in most cases contacting the seller is a waste of time.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I don't know -

It's a waste of time if you're expecting the person to say "my God, you're right! I'll pull all my listings!"

But there's not really any harm in letting a bad seller know that people are watching and aware - giving somebody a reason to be a little paranoid isn't a bad thing, even if there's no concrete result.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I don't know -

It's a waste of time if you're expecting the person to say "my God, you're right! I'll pull all my listings!"

But there's not really any harm in letting a bad seller know that people are watching and aware - giving somebody a reason to be a little paranoid isn't a bad thing, even if there's no concrete result.
    This is exactly my thinking too! I know from the past, where a known seller of fake signatures has been mentioned on this thread, as many members as possible have contacted the seller to put the wind up them, and it worked a treat!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez, I still can't believe most of these scumbag sellers have 100% positive feedback! Are there that many suckers? I've gotten a fake before , but most of these aren't even in the ballpark of looking realistic.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Jeez, I still can't believe most of these scumbag sellers have 100% positive feedback! Are there that many suckers? I've gotten a fake before , but most of these aren't even in the ballpark of looking realistic.
    I heard a rumour that there is a fee that sellers can pay to eBay for their negative feedback to be removed. I don't know whether this is true, but it sounds very disturbing...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I agree with tippy4. Take the time to report the item, but in most cases contacting the seller is a waste of time.
    I have contacted several sellers that are mistakenly listing either a BCE as a first edition, or who show number lines that indicate a later printing that this listings have errors in them. So far most if not all have thanked me for educating them on the number line, or pointing out their oversight. I think one reply was "Ooops, too late now", as there were already bids on it.

However, in each case it was sent as an FYI, not as a threat that they would be reported. I rarely check to see if there is any change in the listing though. I guess I should follow through.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    I heard a rumour that there is a fee that sellers can pay to eBay for their negative feedback to be removed. I don't know whether this is true, but it sounds very disturbing...
    That's the first I ever heard of such a thing. Without researching it, my gut says no.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea if that is true or not but I would very much doubt there is such a thing.

Country
    Country Flag

This forgery is so shit, the seller couldn't even spell Stephen King's name correctly....

STEPHEN-KING-DOLORES-CLAIBORNE-Edition-First-Pr-Signed-Rare-ed-1993

The seller is magicmuzaofart. A known forger and total scumbag, who I have reported several times for peddling shit on eBay.

Check out the other "signed" books magicmuzaofart currently has listed... They are all steaming turds!

1st-1st-Stephen-King-Dreamcatcher-1st-Edition-First-Printing-Rare-ed-2001

1st-1st-STEPHEN-KING-GERALDS-GAME-1st-Edition-First-Printing-Rare-ed-1992

1st-1st-STEPHEN-KING-THE-TOMMYKNOCKERS-First-Edition-ed-Hardcover-Rare-1987

1st-1st-Stephen-King-From-A-Buick-8-1st-Edition-First-Print-Rare-ed-2002

1st-1st-Stephen-King-ROSE-MADDER-1st-Edition-First-Printing-Rare-ed-1995

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a signature on a head page - origin unknown.

I guess this quote (found in his listings) is intended as a safeguard for sh*t -that-might-happen.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    I do NOT like it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I do NOT like it.

+ 1 Something off about it. I don't like that there is little or no break between his first and last name.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book is moisture damaged.
    The signature pic doesn't provide size reference.
    IMO opinion the sig is good.
    Value for water damaged book (DTIV) 1st/1st with legit King sig:
    $70

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hesitations, pressure points, and squiggly lines.

Very Bad! Or is the picture zoomed in?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins

Pointless. The book is water damaged. I think the sig pic is so close-up as to reveal normal ball point pen fluctuations.

Once the book is water damaged to that degree, trying to decide if a flat-signed, non-associated signature is legit becomes a waste of time.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins

Pointless. The book is water damaged. I think the sig pic is so close-up as to reveal normal ball point pen fluctuations.

Once the book is water damaged to that degree, trying to decide if a flat-signed, non-associated signature is legit becomes a waste of time.
    I can't argue with that. You are correct.

I'm just using the signature as a learning tool for my benefit. King must of really struggled with the pen compared to others I've zoomed in on.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 462 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast