Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 462 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Ya think??? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

LoL Even more so with a reserve.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    LoL Even more so with a reserve.
    Good point. A reserve no less!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Too level, I don't like the underline, and just a "feeling".
    Hearts in Atlantis, Stephen King, First Edition, Signed
    I agree with ChristineB and Carlos on this one. I think its legit. The additional close up pics the seller added helped
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am convinced I was wrong...

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I am convinced I was wrong...
    Before the close up I also thought it was bad for all the same reasons you noted.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Not liking this one very much. Not certain but seems wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item1c30e88b17

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

looks like the top left sig in this group to me. seems consistent with the time period.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch. A member here.
    Opinions?

Edit:
    I have several images of King sigs from 1982, oddly enough one dated 1/18/82 from a Cujo. They look interesting when compared together.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one signed on 1/15/82.

I think there are some real differences.

I'm not savvy enough to post the images side by side but comparing the one above to the auction in question makes me more confident that the auction item is a forgery.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to hear what the caretaker aka Ralph would say.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

here is a slew of sigs from that era. I think the sig in question actually looks the most like the signed limited cujo signature.

If there is one absolute with Kings signature from that time period its that none of these look alike and there are always variants. over all I don't see anything that I cant compare to another king signature for likeness.
    That aside this was bought from a very reputable seller and I have never had a problem buying from them before. But of course everyone has there own thought and feelings and that's cool. That's what makes this site the most valuable elite in the field of all things Stephen King

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny, my first thought is that the blotch at the end of Stephen would be a sign of hesitation, which would be an indicator of a forgery (someone making sure that the next stroke of the pen was the right one). But the second signature shows the same thing; on the assumption that the signtaure on the right is legit, that would imply that King would finish writing "Stephen" and then leave pen where it was for a bit before lifting it off the page.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

here are 2 more from our catalog.

the check looks even closer.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

From the pics the only signature that does not have a swoop at the bottom of the S is the book in question.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

From the pics the only signature that does not have a swoop at the bottom of the S is the book in question.
    did you see the picture of the check the post right before yours?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes but look at the bottom left part of the S.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear ya.
    I just pulled 4 pics from signed limited editions that his signature's didn't swoop or pass the front edge of the S. not the only time he got lazy as I will prove tomorrow.
    Im going to bed so I will post them in the morning.
    I stay convinced it is a legitimate signature.
    will post more pics tomorrow.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was doing my normal Stephen King searches when a slew of VERY HIGH PRICED SK books came up. $2,5000 BIN set of Castle Rocks ... $2,750 first edition The Stand ... $4,250 DT VIII S/L ... and so on. I absolutely had to message the seller, and this is what I said:

"Not to be a dick or anything, but are you joking with these prices? The fact that I even have to SCROLL THROUGH your waste of time posts angers me. If I could punch you through the Internet, I would. Please, do everyone a favor, and die. Not just die, but die, become a ghost, get trapped in some kind of limbo where you are forced to have sex with your parents all day, every day, and then, just when you think you've had enough, you accidentally get your own mother pregnant and then have to eat your son-brother with only a glass of sour milk to wash him down with. Thanks, have a nice day!"

P.S. If this seller, rfbooks, is any of you ... just kidding! ... right? lol

As we have said in the past most of the time a signature either looks right to us or it doesn't look right. On this one my fake detecting antennae shot up immediately when I saw the photo in the listing.

I think that if one goes through a large library of King signatures (that contain cancelled checks and other off-beat sigs) looking for a particular letter that matches up with another particular letter then you can probably find examples that look the same. Like, OK here's a "t" from 1988 that looks like the "t" in my signature. Or, this "S" on this cancelled check matches.

But there is no denying (at least in my mind) that the signature in question doesn't look anything like other examples of King's signature on other signed Cujo's from the same day or week of signing.

I'll never say I am 100% sure about anything. I've been wrong in the past. But I don't think I am wrong on this one.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I was doing my normal Stephen King searches when a slew of VERY HIGH PRICED SK books came up. $2,5000 BIN set of Castle Rocks ... $2,750 first edition The Stand ... $4,250 DT VIII S/L ... and so on. I absolutely had to message the seller, and this is what I said:

"Not to be a dick or anything, but are you joking with these prices? The fact that I even have to SCROLL THROUGH your waste of time posts angers me. If I could punch you through the Internet, I would. Please, do everyone a favor, and die. Not just die, but die, become a ghost, get trapped in some kind of limbo where you are forced to have sex with your parents all day, every day, and then, just when you think you've had enough, you accidentally get your own mother pregnant and then have to eat your son-brother with only a glass of sour milk to wash him down with. Thanks, have a nice day!"

P.S. If this seller, rfbooks, is any of you ... just kidding! ... right? lol
    Haha...I should try to find some of my own scathing messages that i've sent to people with ridiculous prices for their stuff.

Good Job Shannon!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

those are definitely fakes.

as far as my cujo I am considering taking it down as I do respect the experts here. I didn't get that feeling I usually do when I look at a signature. I have sent several books back before, not feeling they were legit but I kept the cujo cause I really don't get that gut feeling. But again I do appreciate the pro's and friends opinions on this thread and as a result I am considering either taking the book down or making a note on the auction that the validity of the signature has been questioned.
    Thanks for your input all who joined in. And thanks to others for not touching this one with a ten foot pole
    you guys are great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 462 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast