Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 462 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I still don't really understand what's going on, Jeremy. I have no problems using any international eBay website (Dutch, US,UK, France, Germany, any site I ever tried).
    I've had this happen. I tried to bid on an item located in the US (I believe it was) and I was unable to do so. But, I think this had to do with the restrictions the seller himself set, not with eBay as such.

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, apparently Biomeg (in the Netherlands??) can access it... it's really annoying.. and they lose business...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I seriously HATE the geographic restrictions on ebay... I cant even watch/ bid on items that interest me...

I never have problems using any international eBay website

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This edition of INSOMNIA has been signed by both SK and Robin Williams. The auction prominently displays the certificate of authenticity, so I know it's legit.

Dig it.

Who's gonna bite?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In all fairness, Robin Williams did play a role in the movie Insomnia: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278504/

So this has to be the real thing, right?

Right?

Oh.

Was this movie not based on King's book? Bummer...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

But THIS Insomnia Movie with Williams, Pacino, Swank have NOTHING to do with Stephen Kings INSOMNIA book

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTF. If you are going to have the balls to fake signatures and then issue a COA, at least have the business sense necessary to realize the film Insomnia has absolutely nothing to do with the Stephen King book by the coincidentally same name. I'm sure Robin Williams, when doing the movie, would not have signed any such book, knowing his film had nothing to do with it. What a load of B.S.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just become this: I info the seller about his INSOMNIA.

Hallo stockerlone,
    Wow after researching this you are right. Thank you for the heads up. I guess thins is a common mistake then. Robin Williams had no problem signing the book. It's still kind of a cool item and I wi;; fix my discription and lower the price a little.

Thanks, Jim - bostonsportscollect-jim

But i think... an ´wrong´ book signed from Williams... is funny...

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Hallo stockerlone,
    Wow after researching this you are right. Thank you for the heads up. I guess thins is a common mistake then. Robin Williams had no problem signing the book. It's still kind of a cool item and I wi;; fix my discription and lower the price a little
    thats hilarious....

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Just become this: I info the seller about his INSOMNIA.

Hallo stockerlone,
    Wow after researching this you are right. Thank you for the heads up. I guess thins is a common mistake then. Robin Williams had no problem signing the book. It's still kind of a cool item and I wi;; fix my discription and lower the price a little.

Thanks, Jim - bostonsportscollect-jim

But i think... an ´wrong´ book signed from Williams... is funny...

I messaged the seller about the same thing and gently suggested that they may wish to hire new COA experts... but they declined to reply to me. :-)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't this be signed by Richard Bachman rather than SK?

Also interesting that the "supersize image" is the same small size as the thumbnail.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Also interesting that the "supersize image" is the same small size as the thumbnail.
    Agreed. From this angle I don't like the swoop (doesn't look smooth). A more straight on close-up of the sig is needed.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it. The entire "Stephen" doesn't look right.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thumbs down.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Signed" 3x5 card with PSA DNA.
    Note the case lists King's name as 'Steven King'.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

It's my auction, and I would be glad to get you a better scan. I have been getting Stephen for the past couple of years, and while extremely difficult, he isn't impossible to get on earlier books/different items. No idea why you actually feel it is fake though, you didn't seem to give a legitimate reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    What doesn't look right? Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thumbs down.
    Why? Explain.

I find it funny that you guys are self proclaimed "experts," but you don't offer any specific insights to your claims. You are all entitled to your opinions, but I'd expect you guys to actually post something of value if you are going to call out a signature to be fake.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The name looks too squashed. The last name is really a bit off too-- the "g" doesn't look right.

And I'm not calling it a fake. It just doesn't look right to me. I wouldn't even consider buying it.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post

John

Thumbs down.
    Why? Explain.

I find it funny that you guys are self proclaimed "experts," but you don't offer any specific insights to your claims. You are all entitled to your opinions, but I'd expect you guys to actually post something of value if you are going to call out a signature to be fake.
    Very interesting post there. Where does anyone say FAKE as you claim. Some of us clearly said WE DON'T LIKE IT. Show where someone said FAKE.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Agreed. From this angle I don't like the swoop (doesn't look smooth). A more straight on close-up of the sig is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post

John

Thumbs down.
    Why? Explain.

Very interesting post there. Where does anyone say FAKE as you claim. Some of us clearly said WE DON'T LIKE IT. Show where someone said FAKE.
    The item was posted into the eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signatures, sellers.

If you understand logic, by saying you "don't like something" "Thumbs down" or saying "it doesn't look right to me" that is the same thing as if someone had said "The Item is fake"

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, compare this "Stephen" with ANY of the signatures on signed limited books and you'll see there's a BIG difference between the two.

John

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Much better scan. Thanks, As I said above. The swoop off the N looks added after.

REAL or NOT it wouldn't sit in my collection. Again, I simply don't like. As you said. We are entitled to our own opinion.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No offense Redsoxfan, but a little politeness wouldn't hurt.

As for recognizing a signature as fake (or real): you seem to be someone who's quite knowledgeable in the field so I'm sure you know that (unless there are blatant and obvious graphological differences with established true sigs such as those found in signed/limited books), it's often a matter of 'it doesn't feel right' without being able to pinpoint what exactly it is that doesn't feel right. Seeing lots of King sigs over the years will help you establish a mental reference image of what it's supposed to look like.

Again, compare this "Stephen" with ANY of the signatures on signed limited books and you'll see there's a BIG difference between the two.

John

Again, you need to explain yourself. The formation of the letters, placement of letters, "swoosh," are exactly the same as this recent limited edition. The item in question was signed in the summer of 2010, matching the timeframe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 462 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast