Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 462 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this one is simply AWFUL!
    I cannot believe that someone tries to sell this crap!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Orig.Autogramm 20x25 cm

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I asked the seller: Answer: Purchased from an reliable UK trader....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't see the signature well enough to determine if it's real or not. I'd avoid it just for that reason.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely fake.

1. The "g" is a "loop", regular cursive "g", rather than his normal one.
    2. SK doesn't sign photos.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This looks good to me...any thoughts anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks fine to me. But I'd never pay for just King's signature.

sk

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it's a fake, it's an incredibly good fake.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Looks fake to me....what do you all think.

Brian......
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Heart-Shaped-Box...item334da1b376

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe's sig can be hard to tell, but I sure wouldn't want that one. I am sure it's fake...and ugly at that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

This has to be the worst ever...but look now it's 15% off. I can't believe it's still listed.
    someone should report this. How do you report fraud on e-bay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Tower-VI-So...item3360715f70

Country
    Country Flag

Hey David, (WIZ) heres one for you..Bloody Rare Books===Bloody Well Expensive!!!
    Brian...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-Car...item4a9f13db61

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again guys

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    This has to be the worst ever...but look now it's 15% off. I can't believe it's still listed.

On the right hand side of the listing, right under the More Info block, there's a Report Item button. Click it. You will get a screen that says Reason for Report. Select Counterfeits and copyright violation. In the next block, Detailed reason, select Bootlegs and counterfeit media. You'll then get another block, Additional Infomation. Select Counterfeit autographs, then click the Continue button. You'll then get more blocks, one of which has the item number and another that asks for a Brief description. In that block, state that the autograph is an obvious fake or words to that effect. Then click the Send Report button.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian......
    It doesn't look very good. I have one signed by JH on that very date.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

On the right hand side of the listing, right under the More Info block, there's a Report Item button. Click it. You will get a screen that says Reason for Report. Select Counterfeits and copyright violation. In the next block, Detailed reason, select Bootlegs and counterfeit media. You'll then get another block, Additional Infomation. Select Counterfeit autographs, then click the Continue button. You'll then get more blocks, one of which has the item number and another that asks for a Brief description. In that block, state that the autograph is an obvious fake or words to that effect. Then click the Send Report button.

John
    Done!

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian......
    I asked the seller 'Are you the original owner of the book, and where (what event, if any) did Joe sign it?
    Thanks"

The response I received was
    Dear zoidsmith,

Yes, I am the original owner. This was a Book Fair in Los Angeles.

Ann

- bozemanian
    I know for a fact Joe Hill signed at M is for Mystery bookstore-located in San Mateo California on 3/13/07.
    patrick personnaly went there and had stuff signed
    Link to Patrick's thread on Joe Hill Message Board

I don't believe JH was in Los Angeles the same date.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Brian......
    It doesn't look very good. I have one signed by JH on that very date.
    Here is a copy signed for $39.00 - I have purchased from this store many times and I've always been satisfied with their books:

http://www.mysterymikes.com/?page=sh...d2ebc729154d94

And here's another at VJBooks for $49.00 - http://www.vjbooks.com/Joe-Hill-Hear.../hilhear01.htm

Don't waste time on eBay when you can shop around elsewhere... :-)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I have one for a member here that is less expensive, and comes with promo stuff.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay...here's the issue:

I purchased this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And today, when I receive it, I see that it's not THAT Stephen King. (LOOOOL)

So...I wasn't going to complain with the seller, until I saw again the title and the fact that at no point he mentions that it's not the SK we know.

Any suggestions on what can I tell the seller? The book I already assumed it I've been busted, so I listed it again (adding a red sentence in the auction saying it's NOT THAT SK).

Suggestions are welcomed. Laughs as well....
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Okay...here's the issue:

I purchased this:

So...I wasn't going to complain with the seller, until I saw again the title and the fact that at no point he mentions that it's not the SK we know.

Any suggestions on what can I tell the seller? The book I already assumed it I've been busted, so I listed it again (adding a red sentence in the auction saying it's NOT THAT SK).

I don't know...I don't think you really can suggest anything to the seller. He's not making any misrepresentations about the book. The book may be a rare book. He's simply stating all of the pertinent info about the book. Buyer has to know what they are purchasing.

Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by east-tennessee

This item has been removed.......

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay...here's the issue:

I purchased this:

I don't see the seller at fault. The auction does mention a 7 day money back, but the buyer pays shipping.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Ari....I have to agree with the others. The seller didn't misrepresent.

For laughs though, I always thought we should have a thread called....THE OTHER KING.

Just so we can post items like the one you purchased or like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steven-King-Geel...item3cadd81a43

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I understand, of course. But still...

Anyway. I hope I can get at least 10 dls
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay...here's the issue:

I purchased this:

On top of that, this item was posted on the forum, (Mike Pasuik i think) saying that it WASNT our King.. :s

I wouldnt believe that such a novel/ long book, published in 1979 is unknown from us ;-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 462 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast