Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 462 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes me recognize how good the $150 purchase price is for the flat signed copy I just bought. Sig looks much better than that. Will be posting pics once it arrives.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys,

I know I haven't been around in ages, but I need some quick advice on a signature. My friend picked this up as a gift for me the other day, but has the ability to return it if you down-vote the sig. It's personalized to me, well, someone with my name anyway, so I'd love to keep it, but only if it's good. The g looks a little wonky to me though.

Thanks for your input, and hopefully I can get back here soon and actually contribute to the forums again!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And for that matter, I can't recall the last time I saw a sig without both names side by side.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No good.....

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I will jump in here first and give my opinion.........I don't like it. You are correct, the first thing that popped out before even looking at any other part, why is Stephen above King and not flowing like he signs.

Edit: Tim got in before me......I agree.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, too. Yuk. Sorry!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same here, sorry mate, but that's a dud
    We all float down here!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Return it.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for your input everyone. I figured as much. A damn shame though, being that it was made out to "me." Don't see too many people faking an inscription.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Could I get some opinions on this sig, please? For what it's worth, the buyer says he got it at a B&N in Sarasota.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271043069388...9#ht_500wt_951

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks indicative of King's recent sig from signing events. FUGLY but likely genuine. But I'm not an expert so see what others say.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Could I get some opinions on this sig, please? For what it's worth, the buyer says he got it at a B&N in Sarasota.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271043069388...9#ht_500wt_951
    Not including the current one, this seller has sold 4 signed SK's since march? hmm... food for thought
    It sort of raises the doubt hairs on the back of my neck.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Cook has a point. No expert but I do agree it looks like the usual recent rushed sig. But getting FDNS signed in Sarasota? The buyer ran into King at the bookstore maybe?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like his usual rushed sig to me as well. Wasn't King in Sarasota for FDNS? Or was that Under the Dome, I was thinking about... My friend saw him at that B&N for one of the recent book tours.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Looks like his usual rushed sig to me as well. Wasn't King in Sarasota for FDNS? Or was that Under the Dome, I was thinking about... My friend saw him at that B&N for one of the recent book tours.
    I'm not sure about FDNS but he did do a "Speaking Event" for UTD in Sarasota.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's good.....rushed, but good.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Cook has a point. No expert but I do agree it looks like the usual recent rushed sig. But getting FDNS signed in Sarasota? The buyer ran into King at the bookstore maybe?
    Trust me, he'd have to get past "Explorer" (Jim) first!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

King has been known to go into a local bookstore and sign copies. This signature looks okay to me. It could be one of those.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    King has been known to go into a local bookstore and sign copies. This signature looks okay to me. It could be one of those.

John
    Jim (EXPLORER) told me a story in which King waltzed in one day unannounced and began signing his new books on the shelf. Just started signing in them and putting them back!!!!!! Of course, Jim's Low men in Yellow coats immediately notified him and he bought multiple copies for retail price!!! LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's how I got my signed trade copy of The Wind Through the Keyhole.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That's how I got my signed trade copy of The Wind Through the Keyhole.

John
    Damn those Low Men!!!! They really get around!!!!! Send 'em to Phoenix will ya? (King as well)!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    NO ..... King did not do a signing for FDNS in Sarasota.
    He did do a 11/22/63 signing there...(only signed 11/22/63 at that time).
    and actually he did not do a UTD signing, however dropped into B&N and signed a stack of Under The Dome as well a signed some for Sarasota News and Books when they sponsored an event at Sarasota campus of USF with King introducing Lauren Groff

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That was essentially the story I got from the seller... King came into the B&N, and apparently just signed a number of books, including a few FDNS. So, it sounds like it could be legit.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    That was essentially the story I got from the seller... King came into the B&N, and apparently just signed a number of books, including a few FDNS. So, it sounds like it could be legit.
    The only signing for FDNS was at the RiverRun bookstore in NH. But yes, he is known to go into that B&N and sign at random
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

i checked a few of this guys auctions and hes trying to sell a couple of Sai King fakes. I told him, wonder what he does...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110943151554

+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 462 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast