Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
Is it just me, or is the market becoming increasingly flooded with bullshit King sigs? Has it just always been this way, or is King's popularity going through a hot wave, and so the market for fugazi signatures follows? The above signature posted by T-Dogz is from an online seller with an excellent reputation with this group. And these two examples I'm posting below are from a UK seller who I've dealt with before and also has an excellent reputation (to me and to at least a few others on here, that I'm aware). But, yet, these are getting through experienced sellers...

Stephen King (1990) 'Four Past Midnight', SIGNED first edition

Stephen King (1996) 'Desperation', signed first edition 1/1
I've dealt with this seller as well; even met him in person when he traveled to the U.S. and bought one of my books. Sat down and had a drink with him and chatted about book collecting in general and S. King in particular. He strikes me as a sincere and straight up guy. My gut feeling is that he's not passing bad sigs intentionally. This would be a case of him being fooled himself and/or a case of inexperience on his part.