Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 462 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Keep in mind I am no expert on King's signature... but I do have some experience with identifying forged signatures (as a teacher, I get 'em all the time on tests and detention slips!) The first to me looks like a tracing job, based on the areas the ink seems to "pool" from a hesitating hand before moving on to the next letter. Also, the ink doesn't "thin" at the right places in the letters, indicating the pen was not held at a natural angle or moved at a natural speed. That first one to me seems fake for those reasons. (Especially that loop from the "n" that doesn't quite curve smoothly, suggesting that too was traced).

The second, I cannot say. The ink doesn't give anything away and I'm not familiar enough with the "real deal" to say it isn't legit.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Keep in mind I am no expert on King's signature... but I do have some experience with identifying forged signatures (as a teacher, I get 'em all the time on tests and detention slips!) The first to me looks like a tracing job, based on the areas the ink seems to "pool" from a hesitating hand before moving on to the next letter. Also, the ink doesn't "thin" at the right places in the letters, indicating the pen was not held at a natural angle or moved at a natural speed. That first one to me seems fake for those reasons. (Especially that loop from the "n" that doesn't quite curve smoothly, suggesting that too was traced).

The second, I cannot say. The ink doesn't give anything away and I'm not familiar enough with the "real deal" to say it isn't legit.
    I would say thats a very good analasys. good eye.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The "tells" that it may be traced is really cool. I would not have looked for that. But you're right - theres ink blotches in strange places. Thats why I love this site - always learn something new. Heres the pages to see the positioning and size. Thank you all! Nothing worse then spending good money on bad books.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They really look fake now...lol.

I think I looked at this book...I was really pissed off that they were offering a fake signed CELL...Ive been looking for a signed CELL for years now.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    The "tells" that it may be traced is really cool. I would not have looked for that. But you're right - theres ink blotches in strange places. Thats why I love this site - always learn something new. Heres the pages to see the positioning and size. Thank you all! Nothing worse then spending good money on bad books.

Did you get those screenshots of the books from DMB, via AbeBooks? They sent me the pictures of the same Cell signature about a month ago - I just found the same image in my emails. Do not buy from them!! Their SK signatures are ridiculously bad!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    A bonafide seller with a (2830) 100% rating. Must be legit....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

At least, at that price, I doubt anyone will ever buy it.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Opinions on these two sigs please. The first one looks good to me but Im questioning the second one. Thanks!

They are both fake in this man's humble opinion.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Talk about "Delusions of Grandeur"!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked this up today at a used bookstore for $6.50. It is a first edition in fine condition with brodart cover already on it. I then opened up to find a convincing Matheson signature, but don't know who the second one is. What's the opinion? Does Matheson look good? Anyone know the second?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I picked this up today at a used bookstore for $6.50. It is a first edition in fine condition with brodart cover already on it. I then opened up to find a convincing Matheson signature, but don't know who the second one is. What's the opinion? Does Matheson look good? Anyone know the second?

I have no clue on the author sig, but did an Artist illustrate it?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, I have found that google is my friend. The top signature is Richard Matheson, author of I Am Legend, etc. The bottom signature is Richard Christian Matheson, author of this book and son of Richard Matheson. They look authentic to my unqualified eyes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I have found that google is my friend. The top signature is Richard Matheson, author of I Am Legend, etc. The bottom signature is Richard Christian Matheson, author of this book and son of Richard Matheson. They look authentic to my unqualified eyes.
    Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Opinions on these two sigs please. The first one looks good to me but Im questioning the second one. Thanks!

Top one is traced, bottom one sucks dog balls.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Top one is traced, bottom one sucks dog balls.....
    Eloquent and succinct, I like that!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If those sigs were an actual dog they would be a cross betweeen a bulldog and a shitzu. that is, a bullshit

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good one.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Lisey's Story for $4,400

Holy shit this is bad!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Signed Lisey's Story for $4,400

Holy shit this is bad!
    Bah, that is sooooo real that I feel the need to send him an offer of $4000...just waiting for the monkey to fly out of my ass
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Nice grab for only 6.50!

My Mood
    Twisted

"Did you get those screenshots of the books from DMB, via AbeBooks? They sent me the pictures of the same Cell signature about a month ago - I just found the same image in my emails. Do not buy from them!! Their SK signatures are ridiculously bad!"

Yep - thats the seller. Thanks for the heads up. I had to check it out 'cause he had the cheapest listed on Abe and now I know why.

BTW thank you all for the input. Very much appreciated

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan, that's an incredibly nice find for that price.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Merlin, TwistedNadine and Brice!

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I have no clue on the author sig, but did an Artist illustrate it?
    That looks like both Richard Matheson Sr. and R.C. 's signature to me as well. I have a couple of signed things by them each and RC is usually kind of sloppy like that (LOL)!

Nice score for $6.50!!! Rich Sr. is not able to sign things anymore due to his health. The last book I got from Gauntlet (Nightmare at 20,000 Feet - that was actually a contributor's copy for helping with it in a small way) was only initialed by him and that's the way they are supposed to be from now on is my understanding. So his signature will become more collectible as time goes on i'm sure.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 462 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast