Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 462 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    may i get an opinion on this one. the inscriptions looks okay to me but i can't match the signature to any other 90's that i've seen.
    the 'King' in particular looks off to me:
    [IMG][/IMG]

i'd feel a lot better with input from others.
    appreciate you taking the time to look.
    j
    If it is a fake, I'll eat my hat. The "b" in "best" and the "w" in wishes match exactly most of Kings inscriptions from that time frame.
    RF, im trying to find some signatures with/without incrsiptions along the same timeline, I would greatly appreciate the help in pointing me in the right direction.
    NOPE......the K is awful...the entire King even worse....looks just like other bad eBay auctions from AllStarBooks. Who is the Seller?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

appreciate all the thoughts.
    the 'king' throws me off, but when you remove it from the equation i wouldn't really have any issue with it:

i'm leaning towards good but rushed.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    appreciate all the thoughts.
    the 'king' throws me off, but when you remove it from the equation i wouldn't really have any issue with it:

i'm leaning towards good but rushed.
    I still wouldnt mind seeing some more examples from this time period. Nothing wrong with learning more about his sig.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the inscription writing is passable but the signature itself is troublesome. The "King" of course is terrible and now that it has been cropped out I don't really like the "Stephen" much either. Just a feeling. If it were me I would leave this one alone. I'm just not sure.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here are some examples near the timeline that I could find in the gallery.
    -many thanks to those people whose pictures I have posted.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The Night Shift inscription/signature is worrisome.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    RF, im trying to find some signatures with/without incrsiptions along the same timeline, I would greatly appreciate the help in pointing me in the right direction.

I don't like the one that is "For Vicki" and I'm not too sure about the one in the UK Nightmares And Dreamscapes (it is too small to tell for sure).

What is this RF? A test?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't like the one that is "For Vicki" and I'm not too sure about the one in the UK Nightmares And Dreamscapes (it is too small to tell for sure).

What is this RF? A test?
    In a way. Just a small test run.

People have submitted quite a few (100+) dated inscriptions. Before I create a thread/post with them in calendar order, I will need to solicit opinions so that I reduce the chances of posting a bogus signature.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What is this RF? A test?

I think the UK N&D is good. Which is surprising to me because I don't think I have ever seen a King inscription with "Boo!" in it that wasn't bogus.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I say the UK N&D is good. I would buy that one.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I thought the same thing.
    The UK N&D with "Boo" is mine. Way back when Shibus gave me his stamp of approval before I bought it so Im glad you guys agree its legit.
    Looking at some of those images posted really shook up my confidence in being able to tell good from bad. If they are all legit theres so much variation!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

Well, that is the one that is giving me the most problem. Im on the fence about it, but leaning towards it being ok. One persons' opinion of course.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Obviously a BCE, are they considered 1st editions since it's the same book on the inside, or is the fact the DJ is different and it has different boards enough to make it a different edition?
    Christine

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing that this is fake, but I am very new to the validating signatures game

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...#ht_177wt_1129

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post
    I am guessing that this is fake, but I am very new to the validating signatures game

I was unsure of that one. I posted in another thread: "Another oddity. Perhaps the most "open" "p" I have seen recently. Not even sure anymore."

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is authentic, but so ulgy it hurts the eyes.
    Christine

I think it is an authentic King signature.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Real versus fake is a true dilemma I think for all of us. After the signatures that King did last summer at the last Rock Bottom Remainders concert (truely a NIGHTMARE), that threw me into a spin! Those RBR signatures were so damned awful if you had plopped almost any of those in front of me I'd have said fake without a second glance...but I'd have been dead wrong. I had members here obtain two signatures for me in two key books in my collection (for which I am FOREVER grateful) but I almost wish I'd have waited to get them signed at another time. I have no provenence thay are real (to put with the books) other than the knowledge that my friends obtained the "real deal" for me last summer.

Also, while there are some really atrocious fakes still out there on eBay etc....there clearly are some books out there where a lot of the inscription/sig looks fine, but there is one word, several letters etc. that give rise to questioning....and we've seen members here (with good eyes for this sort of thing) split between good and bad votes on some sigs. Without a doubt, I'd say some sigs wse all say are legit are actually fakes and vice versa. I bet we as a group get it 90%+ right, but as many of you state..."it all comes down to whether you are comfortable having it in your own collection." If there is that niggling doubt in the back of your brain, you are always looking for a better copy for yourself.

And as for Betts, I will say this....I'm NOT perfect. I like to think I get it right better than 90% of the time (and I have gone to some of you for opinions many times), but have any "clever" fakes made it by me...I'd have to say yes. I WILL SAY THIS (and I think you all know this anyway)...IF YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM ME AND ARE NOT TOTALLY SATISFIED, I WILL TAKE IT BACK AND REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY...NO QUESTIONS ASKED. And you know this too...I would NEVER willingly sell a fake to anyone...that would just be stupid on my part.

Just had to say these things....BE CAREFUL out there! I am eternally grateful for all of you and your opinions regarding King signatures. We have to help each other out because no one here can get it right 100% of the time.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, David.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Well said, David.

John
    +1
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Real versus fake is a true dilemma I think for all of us. After the signatures that King did last summer at the last Rock Bottom Remainders concert (truely a NIGHTMARE), that threw me into a spin! Those RBR signatures were so damned awful if you had plopped almost any of those in front of me I'd have said fake without a second glance...but I'd have been dead wrong. I had members here obtain two signatures for me in two key books in my collection (for which I am FOREVER grateful) but I almost wish I'd have waited to get them signed at another time. I have no provenence thay are real (to put with the books) other than the knowledge that my friends obtained the "real deal" for me last summer.

Also, while there are some really atrocious fakes still out there on eBay etc....there clearly are some books out there where a lot of the inscription/sig looks fine, but there is one word, several letters etc. that give rise to questioning....and we've seen members here (with good eyes for this sort of thing) split between good and bad votes on some sigs. Without a doubt, I'd say some sigs wse all say are legit are actually fakes and vice versa. I bet we as a group get it 90%+ right, but as many of you state..."it all comes down to whether you are comfortable having it in your own collection." If there is that niggling doubt in the back of your brain, you are always looking for a better copy for yourself.

And as for Betts, I will say this....I'm NOT perfect. I like to think I get it right better than 90% of the time (and I have gone to some of you for opinions many times), but have any "clever" fakes made it by me...I'd have to say yes. I WILL SAY THIS (and I think you all know this anyway)...IF YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM ME AND ARE NOT TOTALLY SATISFIED, I WILL TAKE IT BACK AND REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY...NO QUESTIONS ASKED. And you know this too...I would NEVER willingly sell a fake to anyone...that would just be stupid on my part.

Just had to say these things....BE CAREFUL out there! I am eternally grateful for all of you and your opinions regarding King signatures. We have to help each other out because no one here can get it right 100% of the time.
    Just so you know, the "member's" you are referring to CUT THE LINE!!!! LOL Dirty line cutters!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Oh, and is there a faint smell of urine on your books? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 462 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast