Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 462 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    If you look at that one closer using ebays zoom feature, it looks like they were practicing or something because you can see faint indents around the signature.

Great observation.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmmm, it appears you are correct

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Sorry Cook. I saw, and asked about it, first. Therefore, it's mine!

did you get the book yet?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Sorry Cook. I saw, and asked about it, first. Therefore, it's mine!

did you get the book yet?
    Nope... took a pass on it. I think it went for $250+. It was only in VG condition, and the seller wasn't responding to emails, so it didn't seem worth it.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Is it just me, or do anyone else think the title of the listing is misleading?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Stephen...item2576dd480c
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post

Very confusing. They use the words first printing and first edition---and then no price on DJ.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That would make it a book club edition, correct? Or a first edition in a book club edition dust jacket?

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

That would make it a book club edition, correct? Or a first edition in a book club edition dust jacket?
    Many Viking book club editions are actually trade editions with a book club DJ. They really are Viking editions, as opposed to most book club knockoffs. I've even seen "book club" Viking Dark Tower books with full number line etc.
    I'm not familiar with that edition myself, but that would be my best guess.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What are the thoughts on this sig? It looks good, as far as I can tell, but I'm hardly an expert.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230868494699...84.m1438.l2649

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good to me

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

What are the thoughts on this sig? It looks good, as far as I can tell, but I'm hardly an expert.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230868494699...84.m1438.l2649
    It looks just fine to me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post

Very confusing. They use the words first printing and first edition---and then no price on DJ.
    Contacted the seller. It's a BOMC
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

If you're going to try and forge a signature, at least make it look close to the real thing.

Do any of you report things like this?

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The listing just says signed not signed by the author! lol!

If you're going to try and forge a signature, at least make it look close to the real thing.

Nah, what is ebay going to do? Research what a real sig looks like?

Anyone dumb enough to buy that deserves it.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Somebody should create a fake ebay account and bid $750 fake dollars to buy this fake signature.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't need a fake account, just bid and don't pay. Say you realized is was bogus all along...tough shit to seller. String them along for a while.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the seller can leave you negative feedback if you do not pay...but not sure.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I think the seller can leave you negative feedback if you do not pay...but not sure.
    Actually, they can't. According to the new feedback rules:

More fast facts about Feedback:
    Along with an overall rating, buyers can also rate sellers on the details of the purchase. These detailed seller ratings are anonymous, and don't count toward the overall Feedback Score.

Since Feedback becomes a permanent part of your record, buyers are encouraged to contact sellers to try to resolve any issues before leaving neutral or negative Feedback.

Buyers can revise Feedback they've left for sellers in the case of a mistake.

Sellers can leave only positive ratings for buyers. That means buyers should feel free to leave honest Feedback without fear of retaliation. We also have safeguards in place to protect sellers against unfair negative or neutral Feedback.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Actually, they can't. According to the new feedback rules:

More fast facts about Feedback:
    Along with an overall rating, buyers can also rate sellers on the details of the purchase. These detailed seller ratings are anonymous, and don't count toward the overall Feedback Score.

Since Feedback becomes a permanent part of your record, buyers are encouraged to contact sellers to try to resolve any issues before leaving neutral or negative Feedback.

Buyers can revise Feedback they've left for sellers in the case of a mistake.

Sellers can leave only positive ratings for buyers. That means buyers should feel free to leave honest Feedback without fear of retaliation. We also have safeguards in place to protect sellers against unfair negative or neutral Feedback.
    Good to know. Thanks Eric!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of members, including me, used to report these type of auctions as fraudulent. The idea being that if enough people report the same seller, it might get their attention.

I do not know to what extent members still do this, but I do when I have the time and inclination.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    A lot of members, including me, used to report these type of auctions as fraudulent. The idea being that if enough people report the same seller, it might get their attention.

I do not know to what extent members still do this, but I do when I have the time and inclination.
    I try to make it a point to report them when I see them, but I always contact the seller first with corrections and if they back off. then cool. If they continue the auction I'll report 'em. I feel like I would appreciate the same from other buyers and therefore sort of owe it them.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the opinion on this signature, I have no back ground info on it, but I have the chance to buy it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think it looks good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 462 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 ... LastLast