Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two actors/actresses will advance to the next round ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robin Williams

9 31.03%
  • Elizabeth Taylor

5 17.24%
  • Sean Connery

4 13.79%
  • Stephen King

2 6.90%
  • Denzel Washington

9 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGAAOAT - ROUND 1, GROUP J

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGAAOAT - ROUND 1, GROUP J

Robin William's IMDB Page

Notable films : Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jack, The Fisher King

-----

Elizabeth Taylor's IMDB Page

Notable films : Giant, Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf?, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, A Place in the Sun

-----

Sean Connery's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Hunt for Red October, The Rock, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Dr. No, From Russia with Love

-----

Stephen King's IMDB Page

Notable films : Kingdom Hospital, Rose Red, The Shining (mini-series), Thinner

-----

Denzel Washington's IMDB Page

Notable films : Training Day, Man on Fire, Inside Man, Malcolm X, Glory

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen much of Elizabeth Taylor to make a proper assessment of her work. Stephen King , well ... acting isn't his greatest strength. That brings us to

Robin Williams - An incredibly gifted actor capable of inducing laughs, scares, or chills at whim. He's played charming, funny and light-hearted roles as well as cold, calculating, and disturbing turns as mentally unhinged individuals. Oddly enough, my favorite performance of his is perhaps his most underrated - Peter Pan in Hook. The role called for an actor with the ability to balance both a human, dramatic turn, and that of a grown man able to reconnect with his inner child. Who better than Robin Williams ?

Sean Connery - Known more for his mannerisms (including his speech) and demeanor than for his pure, raw acting skills - Sean Connery is still a delight to watch in virtually any films he appears in. His Oscar winning turn as Jim Malone in The Untouchables, in which he plays mentor and father-like figure to Costner's rookie cop 'Eliot Ness', is perhaps my favorite by him.

Denzel Washington - I'm not going to lie, I love everything Denzel does. He brings a grim determination and cold intensity to any role he plays. His role as morally questionable LAPD Detective 'Alonso Harris' in Training Day is perhaps his most complete performance.

I'll definitely have to sleep on this one.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Ain't that just like a whoop - brings a knife to a gun fight!"

I'm gonna have to think hard on this one too.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Crap! This is a really tough group for me. However to me Robin Williams can just flat out act. His performances really have truth to them and for me he is whatever he plays.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

tough bracket for bears

I think Robin Williams is the most gifted here, but Liz's performance in Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? was fantastic. And Sean Connery is my nominee...

grrrrrr

P.S. I wish The Man Who Would Be King was listed among Connery's films.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I went with Robin Williams here. He's one of my personal favorites.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to go with Denzel. Guy is great in just about any kind of role.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"To protect the sheep, you have to catch the wolf ... And it takes a wolf to catch a wolf!"

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Went with the Homer vote... SK
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Bond... James Bond

(I know he's not the best actor in this group, but I love him so too bad!)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's a better choice than Stephen King, Odetta! And he was awesome in the Untouchables!

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It's a better choice than Stephen King, Odetta! And he was awesome in the Untouchables!
    Hey there, no raggin' on my nominee. SK is the man!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Bond... James Bond

I don't know how he isn't. The Name of the Rose? The Man Who Would Be King? I definitely voted for him. I want him and Williams to pass, and I am very sorry it isn't meant to be

by the way, feverish - what are you basing your selection of the notable films on? I always miss my favorites

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sean Connery would be a good pick - if we were voting for archetypes

And I base the films off the films listed on the 'cover page' of IMDB, or films I feel most people will recognize.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I thought as much... why most people would recognize films that are not the best is another question

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I have always loved Elizabeth Taylor!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Bond... James Bond

I don't know how he isn't. The Name of the Rose? The Man Who Would Be King? ...
    But on the other hand... The Avengers ?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I chose Robin Williams. Not because he has a better body of work, but because I believe he has the most range, and to me, that's the best indicator of a good actor. Sure, Denzel rocks, and he has some kickass movies I love, but he's always the same guy.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to go with my nominee, Denzel. When I was nominated him, I had to go up and down the list to make sure nobody else had nominated him. I was shocked to see that nobody had. This tourney would not be the same without him.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Liz Taylor is not the leader... Crazy...
    W + W are both great actors, but LIZ was a LEGEND !!!
    And King tied with Connery ... just funny

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha Stephen King........

METEOR SHIT!!!!!

Oh, and I voted for Williams.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    And King tied with Connery ... just funny
    Yes. Hilarious.

: dry :

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think Gene says it best, Jean:

(Slower gif than I would've liked, but I just felt that this gif needed to be made!)

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Robin Williams. His performance in Insomnia and One Hour Photo are worth the vote alone.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast