Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    Does anybody watch Once upon a time?
    I refuse to watch it until they acknowledge that they ripped off Fables.

You know, I always kind of wondered about that. Does, Disney own the rights to the old Grimm fairy tales or did they just corner the market? I'd appreciate any info you have regarding the subject.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the link the first time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You know, I always kind of wondered about that. Does, Disney own the rights to the old Grimm fairy tales or did they just corner the market? I'd appreciate any info you have regarding the subject.

I do not know. But I did write a paper on Petrosinella which predates Rapunzel by roughly 200 years I believe. All the Disney adaptations are quite happy compared to the Italian originals. At least, I thought most were Italian. Interesting stuff.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    hahahahahaha. Yes lol. I love Rumple. Being self diagnosed OCD I have continued watching it. At first I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons. Loved the flash backs to the fantasy realms. Now I feel the story is grasping for straws as they have no material left. I'm hoping for one final season as to not completely ruin the show for me. The one thing that surprises me about the show is this: The men are more attractive then the women.
    I've never watched it myself, but my girlfriend is a huge fan - as are a lot of my friends. I asked the question just to see what other peoples opinions were, also I LOVE Robert Carlylye so I'm looking forward to his performance.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They clash with Disney tales a lot during the story, I'm guessing they must have some sort of agreement, especially considering the wonderland spin off that's now going on.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

@xerrand. I think you should give it a shot. Like I said, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and then it trailed for me but I still watch it. Bev mentioned the first season and then it trailed. I don't think it'll hurt too much to try lol. I'm not sure about the owning rights though. Good luck with it!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They clash with Disney tales a lot during the story, I'm guessing they must have some sort of agreement, especially considering the wonderland spin off that's now going on.

Disney owns ABC, don't they? I watched the show for a bit until it seemed that they were reaching for new material.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    @xerrand. I think you should give it a shot. Like I said, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and then it trailed for me but I still watch it. Bev mentioned the first season and then it trailed. I don't think it'll hurt too much to try lol. I'm not sure about the owning rights though. Good luck with it!
    Aye, you're right I need a new show to watch anyway so I'll give it a try and report back!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch Once Upon A Time, but the show has gone down hill since season 1. It's super cheesy at times, which is part of its charm I suppose. Also, the CG work is laughable in some scenes.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I watch Once Upon A Time, but the show has gone down hill since season 1. It's super cheesy at times, which is part of its charm I suppose. Also, the CG work is laughable in some scenes.
    If you got further, the dragon stands out like......lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Mr. Robot

Spoiler:
    Well we finally know who Mr Robot really is. One more episode left!
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Mr. Robot

Spoiler:
    Just when last week's WTF moment was leaving me stunned, this week's was even bigger. Whoa. Makes me want to go back to the beginning and watch it all again.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Mr. Robot

Spoiler:
    Just when last week's WTF moment was leaving me stunned, this week's was even bigger. Whoa. Makes me want to go back to the beginning and watch it all again.
    Same here. Unfortunately I have so much other stuff to catch up on I probably won't get the chance.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dammit.

Everyone I know that watches it raves about Mr. Robot. Have to wait for the box set to come out.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Mr. Robot and I really enjoyed it. I couldn't help but get a Fight Club vibe with all the voice over and internal monologue.

Potential plot spoiler that I thought of as well as a Fight Club spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    It goes farther than that though. I'm thinking Christian Slater's character, like Tyler Durden, is just a personality created by the main character
    Well, it looks like I was right (although it turned out Mr. Robot
    Spoiler:
    was his father, not some random personality).
    Even though I called it from the first episode, I'm really loving this show. It's my favorite show of the summer.

I'm not sure how many people caught it, but the last episode also used the song "Where Is My Mind" from the Pixies, which also plays at the end of Fight Club. The similarities are more than just a coincidence at this point. It makes the show that much more kick ass in my mind.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Well, it looks like I was right (although it turned out Mr. Robot
    Spoiler:
    was his father, not some random personality).
    Even though I called it from the first episode, I'm really loving this show. It's my favorite show of the summer. [/spoiler]
    Yes, but...
    Spoiler:
    an imaginary version of his father, which means his father didn't push him off the bridge; he jumped. And I gather he threw himself out the bedroom window in the most recent episode, too. The ultimate unreliable first person narrator.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True, there are problems with that kind of narrative, but I still really enjoy the show.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone watching Fear the Walking Dead? It's a bit slow moving but I have to admit, It's really not bad. I like it more then I thought I would.
    The Strain this season I have really like too.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rn-tvin-819267
    I Love Lucy fans have had a long wait.

It's been 58 years since the last episode of the classic American sitcom starring Lucille Ball aired on U.S. television. But now I Love Lucy is returning to TV. Sort of.

On Tuesday, CBS Studios International announced a deal with Latvian broadcaster MTG TV to reboot I Love Lucy for the Baltic market. The Latvian series, called Darling Monika, will run for 10 episodes on Latvian network LNT this September.

The original I Love Lucy ran for 6 seasons, from 1951-57 on CBS. Star Ball won two Emmys for her portrayal of the ambitious, but accident prone, Lucy Ricardo on the groundbreaking series.

This isn't the first time Lucy has gone to the Baltics. Darling Monika first launched on Latvian TV 16 years ago. The new series is a reboot of the old show with the same cast. The show follows the life of the hapless and hilarious Monika Rambans, her patient and loving husband Robert and their neighbors. .

“Sixteen years ago Darling Monika was the most popular sitcom in Latvia,” said Ginta Bormane, PR manager at MTG TV. “There is arguably no one in the country who isn’t familiar with the bubbly and energetic character. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of LNT we decided to bring back Monika. We believe it is one of the most awaited television events of this autumn.”

This kind of nostalgic reboot is not unique. ITV in Britain did a similar original cast reboot last year, to great success, with 1990s sitcom Birds of a Feather.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rn-tvin-819267
    I Love Lucy fans have had a long wait.

It's been 58 years since the last episode of the classic American sitcom starring Lucille Ball aired on U.S. television. But now I Love Lucy is returning to TV. Sort of.

On Tuesday, CBS Studios International announced a deal with Latvian broadcaster MTG TV to reboot I Love Lucy for the Baltic market. The Latvian series, called Darling Monika, will run for 10 episodes on Latvian network LNT this September.

The original I Love Lucy ran for 6 seasons, from 1951-57 on CBS. Star Ball won two Emmys for her portrayal of the ambitious, but accident prone, Lucy Ricardo on the groundbreaking series.

This isn't the first time Lucy has gone to the Baltics. Darling Monika first launched on Latvian TV 16 years ago. The new series is a reboot of the old show with the same cast. The show follows the life of the hapless and hilarious Monika Rambans, her patient and loving husband Robert and their neighbors. .

“Sixteen years ago Darling Monika was the most popular sitcom in Latvia,” said Ginta Bormane, PR manager at MTG TV. “There is arguably no one in the country who isn’t familiar with the bubbly and energetic character. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of LNT we decided to bring back Monika. We believe it is one of the most awaited television events of this autumn.”

This kind of nostalgic reboot is not unique. ITV in Britain did a similar original cast reboot last year, to great success, with 1990s sitcom Birds of a Feather.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's been nearly 3 years, but it's finally back!

Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Many in your list I love and agree with. However you must not have watched Netflik's NARCOS... WOW... An amazing production. I also did not watch Extant and am surprised it is on here as season one was really bad
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Many in your list I love and agree with. However you must not have watched Netflik's NARCOS... WOW... An amazing production. I also did not watch Extant and am surprised it is on here as season one was really bad
    I have not seen NARCOS yet, although I've heard good things. Extant season 1 wasn't really that good, but the second season is a lot better. Then again, the first half of the season was better than the second half. It's kind of a guilty pleasure I suppose.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just finished Narcos and really enjoyed it. Extant for me was a really bad show and I was surprised, like Gotham, it wasn't cancelled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast