Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 188 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bloody hell. Only 7 weeks to go until all the answers to all the questions of one of the greatest shows ever are finally answered.

That's right: Ashes to Ashes is back! And apparently not only is it going to be the final series, but it's also going to link back to Life On Mars. Who else caught tonight's third series opener then?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I never understood what people have against that miniseries. For something that was run on network TV, and which was directed by Mick Garris, I thought they did a pretty good job.

To me, The Stand is still one of the best adaptations of Stephen King's work, alongside The Shining, 1408, Stand by Me, and Misery.
    Really? I'd have to respectfully disagree. The Stand (as a network TV adaption) was alright, but I hated Kubrik's film (except for Jackie-boy) because he tore up the original story. 1408, I thought was ok, Stand by Me and Misery were very good. But, you failed to mention some of the best! Christine (for the time) was good and of course, Green Mile and Shawshank!! I also have a personal weakness for The Mist, I thought it was pretty darn good, but looking around the internet I'm in a minority there! LOL

BTW, I thought "It" topped The Stand as TV goes, just b/c of Tim Curry as Pennywise, if nothing else. Carrie, while definitely dated, set a new trend in horror flicks in the day. But that's just MHO, of course.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

if anyone watches glee here is a snippet i found of a tribute to Madonna they put on. lol http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/glee-sue-sylvester-strikes-a-pose-channels-madonna--1154

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I Glee. Can't wait for the Madonna themed episode tomorrow night!

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished watching Generation Kill. Easily the best war mini-series since Band of Brothers

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

did anyone watch the remake of the Prisoner? i was quite happy with it, it was as confusing as ever and to add to my delight
    Spoiler:
    it had the balloon

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And another great ep of Ashes to Ashes tonight! The arc's not advancing much, but hey: still another 4 eps to go! And I do like the fact that there is an arc to all the episodes at least. Best of all, another mystery was finally solved!

Spoiler:
    I just didn't expect that mystery to be who vandalised the Blue Peter garden!

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i had heard about that
    gotta laugh at the genius of the writing

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Recently finished Lost: Season Two on dvd. It's good, but atm not great: it's moving way, way too slowly for my liking, arc wise. This wouldn't be a problem for me, except that with Lost, let's be honest: the arc is the show. Really, it's one giant serial that's over a hundred episodes long, and that's a neat idea, but thank god the show was popular, otherwise let's face it - viewers would've been denied an ending to all the building mysteries, because ratings are all that matter to tv stations. There were a few interesting developments in season two - especially towards the end, the last eight episodes or so were fantastic - but there were times when I just felt the show was being dragged out for the sake of it. Same with the flashbacks: some were truly brilliant, giving us deep insights into the characters and making us understand what made them into the people they are on the island. Others went over old ground and basically told us fuck all. Having said all that, I watched it in a few days because of the arc structure, and I'll definitely be getting season three pretty soon, so it's clearly doing something right!

What am I watching on telly right now? Not much. Been catching season 4 of the office from time to time (yes, it has taken that long to reach our shores!), but I prefer 30 rock a whole lot more! I need to catch repeats of the last two eps (so glad they're being broadcast in double bills, one's never enough!) Honestly, i haven't watched a show that made me laugh my arse off this much in a long time!

Final series of Ashes to Ashes is getting even better, and even more intriguing. Love that unlike the last two series, it's finally linking back to Life on Mars (which, for those of you who don't know, is one of my favourite series ever that was effectively shat on by the ending of the american remake), so i'm really excited to see if the Ashes to Ashes ending is half as good as the ending for Life on Mars!

Of course, we all know what my favourite show right now is. In fact, we all know what my favourite show is ever. And right now, after tonight's ep, it's never been better! Guys, for those of you who've never watched it, track down the current series of Doctor Who, because the last two eps were nothing short of being fucking amazing. Seriously, the reason I've been so critical of Lost - especially both arc and singular episode wise - is that Doctor Who has achieved a perfect balance of both. Sure, it's the kind of show that's having a fantastic arc at the moment, developing at a brilliant pace, but it's also one that you don't need to watch every episode before to know what the hell's going on. I'll post why tonight's ep was brilliant in the relative board, but like i said, to anyone who hasn't watched the current series yet, watch it!!!!

- Melike

Traveler Tao43 is on a distinguished road

Anyone watched the new series Justified with Timothy Olyphant on FX?

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got done watching the season premier of "The Boondocks". It had me through the whole episode. Easily the best cartoon on TV. Although. I'm that it's the last season.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gearing up for the epic season finale of Supernatural which is single handedly my favorite show on television in the history of ever. 5 years i have been watching religiously. cant wait
    If you love me then love me..

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love me some Supernatural!!! What's not to love? Hell, I could sit for hours and watch Jensen Ackles just reading the paper.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really should catch up on Supernatural. Caught a few episodes, and it really did surprise me that it was, in fact, a scary show, not just some watered down crap the CW usually makes.

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I never understood what people have against that miniseries. For something that was run on network TV, and which was directed by Mick Garris, I thought they did a pretty good job.

To me, The Stand is still one of the best adaptations of Stephen King's work, alongside The Shining, 1408, Stand by Me, and Misery.
    Really? I'd have to respectfully disagree. The Stand (as a network TV adaption) was alright, but I hated Kubrik's film (except for Jackie-boy) because he tore up the original story. 1408, I thought was ok, Stand by Me and Misery were very good. But, you failed to mention some of the best! Christine (for the time) was good and of course, Green Mile and Shawshank!! I also have a personal weakness for The Mist, I thought it was pretty darn good, but looking around the internet I'm in a minority there! LOL

BTW, I thought "It" topped The Stand as TV goes, just b/c of Tim Curry as Pennywise, if nothing else. Carrie, while definitely dated, set a new trend in horror flicks in the day. But that's just MHO, of course.
    I'm surprised by that comment. I actually find a whole lot more people that really liked that movie than not. Maybe you're just talking about the people in this forum? Anyway, I LOVE that movie so, so much.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, it's over. Ashes to Ashes is over. More than that, the story that began with Life on Mars in 2006 is over.

On the plus side...it was one hell of a finale! I mean, it was a little confusing at first, but then...shit. I mean shit!

The only thing I was worried about the past few weeks was that the ending would be as shit as the ending was for the remake of Life on Mars. Fortunatly, it wasn't. It just might be one of my favourite endings for a show yet.

Best line tonight, naturally, went to Gene Hunt, after we find out who he really is. "My real name is
    Spoiler:
    Nigel Perkins.

Spoiler:
    No, i'm joking, it's Gene Hunt!"

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the season finale of Chuck was like whoa. I liked how they set up for the next season but the best part was the fight between Shaw and Chuck. the music the atmosphere, just plain epic. Brandon Routh plays an amazing bad guy
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i need to talk to someone about the ending of the Prisoner, I am so confused

**goes off in search of the internet to find the answers**

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

not sure if this should be in the films thread or in here

but i was watchin the Sky 1 double parter, Terry Pratchetts Going Postal

I have seen them all now, and hubbie (who has only just started reading the DT books) turned to me and said 'i am surprised they have not made the DT books into a series like this - i think Sky 1 always do really good jobs with these adaptions'

Anyhoo, anyone else watch this last night? I loved it and can't wait for the second part tonight. I also loved The Hogfather too

They both seem to be very lovingly recreated

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I got bored with My Name is Earl, but I'm glad Jason Lee is getting a new show.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I got bored with My Name is Earl, but I'm glad Jason Lee is getting a new show.
    He's getting a new show! What is it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Heck yes he is!
    It's called Memphis Beat. He will play a cop in, you guessed it: Memphis. And apparently does Elvis impersonations at night. (But I read that it's not the "rhinestone/jumpsuit wearing" Elvis. ) From what I've seen from previews, it's a drama/comedy.
    It's going to air June 22nd on TNT.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hmmm, Sounds like it could be interesting. Hopefully I'll remember that it's on.

If I can remember it, I'll try to remind you.

Yes please do
    I wrote myself a note, but I think it's already gotten lost in the black hole known as my desk.

I'm really hoping it's not your standard cop show though because I've never been a fan of those. And I really miss seeing him in things. I wish he would do more movies. Kinda off topic but have you heard of The Other Side at all yet? It sounds really interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 188 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast