Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 188 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did that used to be GetGlue?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Did that used to be GetGlue?
    This I do not know.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    You're welcome. Some people at work have been watching it as well and we have talked more about it than we have The Walking Dead. As for your spoiler, I don't know what we are going to find out in the last two episodes but the creators said that we will know what happened. I am not sure how they can promise that but we will see.
    Spoiler:
    I guess the answer to this is that they are providing new proof that the police do not even have. Wow with that letter and the poor step-son who realized he had backed the guy who killed his step mother. Also, as someone pointed out elsewhere, Durst having to literally wipe the smile off his face while talking about his "friends" death. "California is a big state".
    Although most probably a very devious criminal, That guy would be a terrible poker player. He has an eye twitch tell that he seems to do whenever he tells a lie.
    Wow. The ending. I guess we really do "know" what happened.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    You're welcome. Some people at work have been watching it as well and we have talked more about it than we have The Walking Dead. As for your spoiler, I don't know what we are going to find out in the last two episodes but the creators said that we will know what happened. I am not sure how they can promise that but we will see.
    Spoiler:
    I guess the answer to this is that they are providing new proof that the police do not even have. Wow with that letter and the poor step-son who realized he had backed the guy who killed his step mother. Also, as someone pointed out elsewhere, Durst having to literally wipe the smile off his face while talking about his "friends" death. "California is a big state".
    Although most probably a very devious criminal, That guy would be a terrible poker player. He has an eye twitch tell that he seems to do whenever he tells a lie.
    Wow. The ending. I guess we really do "know" what happened.
    I guess the last episode of Jinx was tonight? Yahoo news had this headliner story tonight. Pretty amazing conclusion to the show if you ask me.
    http://news.yahoo.com/wealthy-eccent...073833757.html
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

How can the dead walk?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

There's a British, UK, show running now called "Fortitude." Placed in the arctic, a small town, detective type show. Stanley Tucci shows up from Europe to investigate a murder. Beautiful scenery, nice cast, good acting. Not dark like True Detective, but it does have some gruesome moments. It's not a bad show and I'm glad I found it. If anyone likes this type of show I recommend it.

And yes I agree with Mike, Better Call Saul's last 2 episodes have been great. Good back story and Saul finally has a good case for himself. Only 2 episodes left. Time flies too fast.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    How can the dead walk?
    Not very confidently apparently, but they do somehow on AMC. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Started Six Feet Under, Season 4 over the weekend.

I really, REALLY want to watch Carnivale. I've read the synopsis and everything about that show seems right up my alley... but there is no way I will be able to enjoy it to its fullest knowing it was cancelled after 2 seasons when the creators originally planned a 6 season arc. All those unanswered questions will drive me insane.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I really, REALLY want to watch Carnivale. I've read the synopsis and everything about that show seems right up my alley... but there is no way I will be able to enjoy it to its fullest knowing it was cancelled after 2 seasons when the creators originally planned a 6 season arc. All those unanswered questions will drive me insane.
    I watched it. It's creepy. There are things that are unanswered and the finale of season 2 was......wtf. It would have been great to see just 1 more season. But it is what it is. I thought it was better then the American Horror Story creep show season. I've honestly considered watching Carnivale again. You should watch it, if you think it's up your alley you will regret not giving it a shot. Just 2 seasons so it'll end quickly. It sucks that it happened that way, but at least it wasn't 1 season like "Firefly".

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    How can the dead walk?
    We dont know the answer to that yet in the world of the story.

OR

It's a metaphor for the survivors.

Take your pick...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Carnivale is GREAT
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I've heard! I just can't look past the cancellation bit :/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hurry up and get past it, and watch it! I loved Carnivale, such a great show.

My Mood
    Confused

Because of you, I decided to re-watch Carnivale. Honestly, I like it much more the second time around. It really was a great show.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

but... but.... but....

there won't be any closure tho

should I watch it anyway?

My Mood
    Confused

but... but.... but....

I can make up an ending for you if you like .
    The show is not just about a freak carnival, it's about good vs. evil. That's all I'll say, but it's nowhere near as horrible of an ending like the manga anime of Berserk when the original cartoon was 24ish episodes and ended. Then you look for the next episode and there isn't one when there obviously should be, if you have seen it then you know what I'm talking about. That was the dumbest thing that anime could have done or any show for that matter.
    Carnivale has an ending, well, sort of. The closure would be like "Inception" where you have to decide what you believe the ending will turn out to be. I know that's a dumb answer, but for how great the show was, 24 episodes, it'll be worth it. Contact HBO after and threaten them to bring it back............or else!
    Apparently the ideal season total from the creator was supposed to be 6 seasons. So that stings when I looked it up

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

but... but.... but....

Yes

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Never did get to the end of season 2. Curious about how big of a cliffhanger it is, and if some of the story gets explained, at least.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Never did get to the end of season 2. Curious about how big of a cliffhanger it is, and if some of the story gets explained, at least.
    There's allegedly information out there about more detailed character back stories.
    spoiler like

After all this talk about it I think I'm going to do a rewatch of Carnivale now too

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. You guys convinced me. I was going to start Deadwood after I wrap up Six Feet Under, but I'll move on to Carnivale instead.

Dammit, my TV schedule is so fickle lol.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just binge watched first two seasons of Arrow. I'm not a fan of Capes & Tights at all. Other than a few select movies and comics the whole thing is as interesting as watching grass grow. That said, Arrow is a pretty good show. He's like an entry level Batman but his persona is much darker. I've overlooked some of the cornball elements (some dialogue, unconvincing acting in early episodes, every character could be a model etc.) in favour of a solid, complex story. I thought I'd hate it but now I'm looking for season 3 online.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I just binge watched first two seasons of Arrow. I'm not a fan of Capes & Tights at all. Other than a few select movies and comics the whole thing is as interesting as watching grass grow. That said, Arrow is a pretty good show. He's like an entry level Batman but his persona is much darker. I've overlooked some of the cornball elements (some dialogue, unconvincing acting in early episodes, every character could be a model etc.) in favour of a solid, complex story. I thought I'd hate it but now I'm looking for season 3 online.
    I like it too, but I think Flash is much better. As for Arrow I think the fighting scenes are sometimes pretty bad as in done poorly and:
    spoiler

But, I still enjoy the show a lot, just saying some things I feel need to be addressed to make it better.

My Mood
    Confused

Ok. You guys convinced me. I was going to start Deadwood after I wrap up Six Feet Under, but I'll move on to Carnivale instead.

Dammit, my TV schedule is so fickle lol.
    Deadwood is by far my favorite show, and I've never been a huge western fan. The acting, writing, characters are astonishing to me. A word to the wise. Watching may change your vocabulary. The creators attempted to make it accurate, so the swearing is off the charts back in the day. Numerous times people cut me off in a line or bumped into me rudely and I've spoken out loud instantly calling that person, a man or woman, a fuck, cocksucker, or cunt. You have been warned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 188 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast