Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Night Shift Portfolio?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 44.44%
  • No

15 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Night Shift Cases Portfolio

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Night Shift Cases Portfolio

Would you be interested in a portfolio containing all 27 art pieces (26 + case cover) from the Lettered Night Shift Case Project?
    Price would likely be between $75 and $100?
    Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Without a doubt.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    Without a doubt.....
    Vote (Please).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very intriguing, but I would think YES. You're talking about something on the same plane as "The Stand" and "The Skeleton Crew" portfolio's (as an example)???

Would they be numbered or limited?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very intriguing, but I would think YES. You're talking about something on the same plane as "The Stand" and "The Skeleton Crew" portfolio's (as an example)???

No idea yet. That's why I asked for comments and suggestions.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

No idea yet. That's why I asked for comments and suggestions.
    Ahhh, I got ya!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted yes. I like portfolios.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to sound like a downer, but here goes:

To be honest, in this particular case I'd be a bit disappointed. While I know artists typically maintain the right to reproduce their own work, I have always viewed this project's lettered pieces akin to original-artwork-in-your-book (a.k.a. remarques) in that copies would not later be sold, certainly not in volumes and not directly on the heels of the original sale.

The perception is not explicit in this particular project's announcement page, but it is reinforced by the language used combined with the lack of any statement that the artist reserves the right to later reproduce the artwork for future sales.

It would also negatively influence the likelihood that I would partake in future similar projects (if any come about). I would still buy slipcases from Dolso for books I own that lack slipcases. However I likely wouldn't bother with these special projects for expensive books I don't own. I would be more inclined to simply wait to buy the follow-up art portfolio later for a much lower cost, or not at all.

I might have a change of heart after a good night's sleep, but that is my initial reaction to the question.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted no

Its hard to improve on what Patrick said.

I feel I have a one of one in the artwork. Haha......I don't want to share.

Mulleins

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I voted no

Its hard to improve on what Patrick said.

I feel I have a one of one in the artwork. Haha......I don't want to share.

Mulleins
    agree also
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted no because I represent the minority of people that can't buy anything for a while.

But normally I would vote yes. But only if they were a limited amount and Mr. Chadbourne signed the case cover artwork. Otherwise, the price seems a bit bit bit high.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm going to sound like a downer, but here goes:

To be honest, in this particular case I'd be a bit disappointed. While I know artists typically maintain the right to reproduce their own work, I have always viewed this project's lettered pieces akin to original-artwork-in-your-book (a.k.a. remarques) in that copies would not later be sold, certainly not in volumes and not directly on the heels of the original sale.

The perception is not explicit in this particular project's announcement page, but it is reinforced by the language used combined with the lack of any statement that the artist reserves the right to later reproduce the artwork for future sales.

It would also negatively influence the likelihood that I would partake in future similar projects (if any come about). I would still buy slipcases from Dolso for books I own that lack slipcases. However I likely wouldn't bother with these special projects for expensive books I don't own. I would be more inclined to simply wait to buy the follow-up art portfolio later for a much lower cost, or not at all.

I might have a change of heart after a good night's sleep, but that is my initial reaction to the question.
    Very cogent points. I own 2 cases and I am proud of the original art.
    Early results are in.
    It may be another poll, or the issue could be dead. If anyone wished, they could (with or without permission) copy and print the images that are on page advertising the cases, but the images are small.
    What about a single sheet that had all 27 images on it? The images would be ~1.7"x 1.2"-thumbnails.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ... What about a single sheet that had all 27 images on it? The images would be ~1.7"x 1.2"-thumbnails.
    I'd be on board with that.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I voted 'yes' (I would buy one if there was one) but to be honest, I don't think a portfolio should be made available. Patrick explained it nicely.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm on the fence about this one. Both sides of the question have valid points, but I'm leaning towards 'no'.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

No, I've have enough Chadbourne art like to see/have some new artist's work.
    Last edited by mikeC; 08-05-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Earlier post was more negative than intended.

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of Course YES! I love Portfolios. It is a cheap alternative for me to see the Artwork and have it
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted No - not a big fan of his art and his art seems to be everywhere

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

I vote No for the same reasons Patrick explained. It significantly devalues the cases that folks (not me!) spent good money for.

I think it should be left as it was and no further artwork should be offered.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I voted No - not a big fan of his art and his art seems to be everywhere
    I cast the first "No" vote. I was hesitant to publicly state my reasons but will admit to wholeheartedly agreeing with this statement.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Glenn Chadbourne's stuff a lot. Just talking about remarques, I ESPECIALLY like the fact that (unless I'm mistaken) every single one is unique. Take another artist, Jill Bauman for example (no offense of course, just stating a fact), the remarques she did for Betts weren't original at all. Even in the same series of remarques, she did the tiger face in two different volumes. I don't want a remarque that is a copy of an illustration in a book, or a copy of a remarque that shows up in someone else's books.

Take Chadbourne's Full Dark No Stars remarques ... Rats, Skull-Man, Barn, Hole-In-The-Ground. Four pretty simple items, remarqued countless times in countless ways.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I vote No for the same reasons Patrick explained. It significantly devalues the cases that folks (not me!) spent good money for.

I think it should be left as it was and no further artwork should be offered.

I fully respect your opinion as stated, but the fact is that millions of prints made of the Mona Lisa have no effect whatsoever on the price of the original piece. Same holds true for all art and I could give a million recognizable examples like Leroy Nieman for example. His Prints are sold all over and are quite popular, but that has no effect at all on the price you would pay for the original.

In fact, I think Carlosdetweiller owns an original Whelan piece from one of the DT books and millions of those have been sold both in the book, as well as portfolio's. I'm sure Bob paid a fortune for the ORIGINAL art, but I bet he got no discount on the price as a result.

While I respect and understand some of your feeling's on the subject, in the art world, it's apples and oranges. Regardless, it would seem the People have spoken given the tally!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Correction Merl, carlosdetweiller owns EVERYTHING.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Correction Merl, carlosdetweiller owns EVERYTHING.
    Ahhh, so true!!! LOL He has a truly amazing collection. Sometimes on a whim, I just peruse it like a kid in candyland!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't buy the case but I still voted no. I liked the case and art for what they were but the whole thing just didn't sit right with me. The case was too nice (that's a compliment... I think) and the artwork was done by an artist who didn't do any illustrations for the book originally. This isn't a knock on anyone, clearly people were all over those cases/art but I didn't like the idea then, I like the idea of a portfolio even less.

Hope that's not too harsh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast