Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 567 FirstFirst ... 387 437 477 485 486 487 488 489 497 537 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,175 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For years I wouldn't allow Duddits to be added to the Catalog, but it belongs. It would be interesting to hear what SK.com says about it (if they care to say). But they aren't known for being accurate on these odd items.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For years I wouldn't allow Duddits to be added to the Catalog, but it belongs. It would be interesting to hear what SK.com says about it (if they care to say). But they aren't known for being accurate on these odd items.
    If it's in this catalog... then that's all I need to know.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Kris,
    Do you have the S/l F &SF edition? I don’t recall ever seeing that in your thread.
    Yes I have that even made a custom slipcase for it too!
    Cool - any pictures of the slipcase?
    My slipcase for the signed limited DUDDITS, of cause from Jeff..

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...L-Dreamcatcher

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As far as Duddits, that one is not so easy to clarify. Purportedly, there were only 25 that King signed with 10 going to amazon.de, and 15 to Newspaper Die Zeit , 5 of which were said to be auctioned.

If that is the case, then the 25 copies of Duddits qualify as a legitimate King signed limited.

Title: Duddits (Dreamcatcher)
    Author: Stephen King
    Publisher: Ullstein
    Publication Year: 2001
    State: limited to 25
    Comments:
    This is the one and only signed limited German Stephen King book.
    Easy to distinguish. The signatur is on a WHITE page, in all other ´normal´ Duddits hc´s is this page GREEN.
    10 Copies were sold at Amazon.de, 10 by Newspaper Die Zeit and 5 at an Auction from Newspaper Die Welt.

But does that really qualify it to be a signed limited?
    IMO, it looks just like any of the other copies except that it's signed. There is no specific mentions of a limited or anything.
    It would be very unlikely, but how would one differ it from any other potential signed Duddits?

I know that it is not a 'real' signature, but I would rather qualify the french limited of THE GREEN MILE 1 as a limited edition with a fac simile signature compared to this Duddits... At least most copies are numbered, have a different binding and are therefore different from the 'normal' copies
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

But does that really qualify it to be a signed limited?
    IMO, it looks just like any of the other copies except that it's signed. There is no specific mentions of a limited or anything.
    It would be very unlikely, but how would one differ it from any other potential signed Duddits?
    You answered your own question in the quote from RF. - "Easy to distinguish. The signature is on a WHITE page, in all other ´normal´ Duddits hc´s is this page GREEN."

There are many examples of S/L's that are just Signed with no number or limitation information. 11/22/63 is a good example
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt notice that part. I guess that it is true, although IMO it is quite underwhelming

11/22/63 is both a good and bad exemple : yes the page may be different, but the DJ is apparently different.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt notice that part. I guess that it is true, although IMO it is quite underwhelming

11/22/63 is both a good and bad exemple : yes the page may be different, but the DJ is apparently different.
    Bag of Bones UK S/L is just a trade edition with a bookplate.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think as collectors we can all agree that we would prefer a limited version (especially one that is signed) to be an improvement over the trade. However the point is that it IS possible to determine whether a copy of Duddits is a 'real' signed limited or a trade copy that has been signed, albeit with foreknowledge of what to look for.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going with Duddits as a true S/L...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the true 1st UK trade edition of The Colorado Kid? The catalogue does not seem clear on this matter. It lists the PS Publishing trio of hardcovers, but in the discussion section of this listing there is some contention, which doesn't end with a firm conclusion.

I wonder if there was an equivalent UK paperback of the US 1st edition of The Colorado Kid, as was discovered with Joyland?

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    What is the true 1st UK trade edition of The Colorado Kid? The catalogue does not seem clear on this matter. It lists the PS Publishing trio of hardcovers, but in the discussion section of this listing there is some contention, which doesn't end with a firm conclusion.

I wonder if there was an equivalent UK paperback of the US 1st edition of The Colorado Kid, as was discovered with Joyland?
    I dont believe there was a UK paperback 1st equivalent. At least to my recollection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

I dont believe there was a UK paperback 1st equivalent. At least to my recollection

I’d have thought someone in this site would have reported it by now if it existed.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’d have thought someone in this site would have reported it by now if it existed.
    Cheers fellas, although I think it was only this or last year that someone (Brian861, from memory?), discovered the Joyland UK 1st paperback? Anyway, I’ll take it that the PS hardcovers are the UK 1sts until further notice.

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers fellas, although I think it was only this or last year that someone (Brian861, from memory?), discovered the Joyland UK 1st paperback? Anyway, I’ll take it that the PS hardcovers are the UK 1sts until further notice.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian posted his copy and I think it was me who said that I hadn't seen it before. Others already had it in their collections though.

Country
    Country Flag

Brian posted his copy and I think it was me who said that I hadn't seen it before. Others already had it in their collections though.
    Ah, ok. Cheers, Simon...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was talking to The Incredible Hulk the other day and he said, "JOYLAND good book!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

For anyone that has a Folio Shining and a signed Folio Shining... is there any difference at all OR is it just a 100 or so of the signed? I am having a very hard time calling this a signed limited....

Part of me feels... that there should be some difference between a reg and none reg. LIKE FDNS 1/100. It may not be totally different but there is a difference. Duddits, has a blank page inserted for the signature... How could you not just get King to sign a Folio Shining and say it is one of those books? You could if there is no diff. Please someone with both let me know? thanks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I have Stephen King shining folio I have them both the difference is a bookplate as opposed to a flatsigned copy

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted pics of the differences somewhere upthread. The differences are the siagned bookplate affixed inside, and the sticker that was put on the outside (not really important, but a slight difference).

Country
    Country Flag

I posted pics of the differences somewhere upthread. The differences are the siagned bookplate affixed inside, and the sticker that was put on the outside (not really important, but a slight difference).
    Ok, I have to agree. The Bookplate does it. Thanks RF. Can it be added to the catalog?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

That is the regular one RF...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That is the regular one RF...
    Added an entry for the S/L

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

As we are talking S/Ls... have the Gwendy’s Button Box editions been issued yet? I've not seen a copy yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 567 FirstFirst ... 387 437 477 485 486 487 488 489 497 537 ... LastLast