Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 567 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Colorado Kid... the 3 S/L editions... did anyone ever see a same number set? Is that even a thing? I noticed today that I am down to needing only 7 (including 3 of these... so you could say 5!!!!!!!) King S/L's of his main novel releases and I will have them all. I was quite shocked to see that to be honest. I though I was further way than that!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    When you guys get new dust jackets for books how do you fold the DJ around the book? I have some new DJs I need to put on but when I put them on since they come rolled it's hard to get them to sit nice against the book without large gaps. Any tips or tricks for this?
    If you have the old dust jacket, this is what I do, I put the mylar on the old DJ first. It makes a mold for the new one. Take the old dust jacket out and put the new one inside the mylar and position it where you want it. Usually works pretty well for me.
    I typically lay the dust jacket flat on the table and and then put the book on top, aligning the back hinge with the dust jacket. Then I open the front cover, and fold the dust jacket up and around, making sure that the front flat is aligned well. Closing the front cover should hold the dust jacket in place, so now you can turn the book over and repeat with the back. I usually don't bother smoothing out any of the folds; I find that time does that just fine. If you decide to, be gentle along the spine as you don't really want to crease the jacket. As Tommy said, I find that Mylar makes this process easier. Getting the flat jacket into the mylar is super easy, and once folded the Mylar helps with the fit.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I started out to obtain all the COLORADO KID editions some time ago, but I kind of gave up. Good luck on your worthy quest. The only weird thing in my case is I really disliked that book.

The only two replacement dust jackets I ever got were a Phantasia Press FIRESTARTER (the one they sent had a small tear in it), and a Book club edition for THE DARK HALF (the one received was in horrible shape). But I never could get myself to put them on the books. They remain rolled up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Colorado Kid... the 3 S/L editions... did anyone ever see a same number set? Is that even a thing? I noticed today that I am down to needing only 7 (including 3 of these... so you could say 5!!!!!!!) King S/L's of his main novel releases and I will have them all. I was quite shocked to see that to be honest. I though I was further way than that!!!
    I have 2/3 that are PC's. The other (Chadbourne) is #68.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why were there soooo many variations?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Why were there soooo many variations?
    $$$$$$$.
    That and the fact that three artists were secured for the project, so there are three different versions of the trade, the Artist edition, the S/L, and the "Lettered" (three versions of 33 actually).

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

post #11578
    Speaking of THE DARK HALF back in 1989 I saw a co-worker reading a copy & asked him where he got it?(knowing the book was not out yet or else I would not have asked.) & he said his wife got it from The Book Club & I remember telling him the book had NOT been released yet..So I have always felt that Book Club Edition is the TRUE 1st . I was a BIG TIME KING collector at that time so I knew when his books where out & YES I did order one & it is still in my collection today.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe there was the thought that the UK edition was the World's First Trade edition having gone on sale 10/19/1989. The US trade went on sale 11/1/1989.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I believe there was the thought that the UK edition was the World's First Trade edition having gone on sale 10/19/1989. The US trade went on sale 11/1/1989.
    I have that based covered... I just do not know what the date was when I 1st saw the TBC. It could have been before 10/19/89..All I know is that the BCE is the U.S.A.s 1st if not the worlds 1st.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have that based covered... I just do not know what the date was when I 1st saw the TBC. It could have been before 10/19/89..All I know is that the BCE is the U.S.A.s 1st if not the worlds 1st.
    If you aren't sure of the date, then you can't be sure that you are correct.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default "With Compliments of Doubleday" stamp

Hi, all...

What's the story with the older King Doubleday books bearing the "With Compliments of Doubleday, Inc." stamp? In the event this has already been discussed, I'd kindly appreciate someone directing me to that thread/conversation. If not, would love to learn more.

Appreciate the consideration.

Colin

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First I have heard of it. That ain't saying much though I suppose. lol Interested in the responses though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm positive someone has a great answer to this, Merlin1958. No doubt our patience will be rewarded handsomely.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

After reading on the DT.org website that there are indeed 3 different variant 1st editions of the trade edition "Eyes of the Dragon".....
    I was wondering if anybody could tell me how many variant 1st editions there are of "Misery"
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I will reward your patience preemptively with a resounding; I have no clue!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Back in the day, Doubleday would send out books stamped "With compliments of Doubleday Inc." to get exposure of an author or book. They would also use the same stamp on copies being sent to reviewers.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Back in the day, Doubleday would send out books stamped "With compliments of Doubleday Inc." to get exposure of an author or book. They would also use the same stamp on copies being sent to reviewers.

Mulleins
    @Mulleins: This is a great start! Would these be sent pre-publication/pre-release?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins

Oh, well ain't "Mulleins" the smart ass???? LOL J/K Many thanks for that. Now, I have to go searching through my collection for this stamp!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Thanks, Ralph!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post

Mulleins
    @Mullein: This is a great start! Would these be sent pre-publication/pre-release?
    Not sure about pre-publication/pre-release, but in my collecting opinion I wouldn't hesitate calling it an "Advanced Copy".

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post

Mulleins
    @Mullein: This is a great start! Would these be sent pre-publication/pre-release?
    Not sure about pre-publication/pre-release, but in my collecting opinion I wouldn't hesitate calling it an "Advanced Copy".

Mulleins
    I've reached out to Knopf Doubleday in the hopes of procuring more information as to the stamp's use during Mr. King's Doubleday years. Thank you, Ralph, for your insight. Very helpful (and interesting, too!)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Typically indicates an Advance Reading Copy (ARC)....

Matt (Lot Guy) had a stamped Shining Doubleday he sold at Betts about a year ago.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Typically indicates an Advance Reading Copy (ARC)....

Matt (Lot Guy) had a stamped Shining Doubleday he sold at Betts about a year ago.
    Thanks, AKC, for the insight! Good stuff.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a Carrie and The Stand with this.....it is tough to see on the Carrie since the page it is on is black.

I have had conversations with people that believe this adds (a little) value to the book, and others that feel it neither ads nor detracts value from the book.

In the end it is still a first edition, and the stamp is from the publisher.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My 1st edition of LORD OF LIGHT has a similar stamp. It is also stamped on the upper pages. And someone wrote in ink above the stamp 'P.D. 9/22/67', supposedly at the Doubleday offices.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My 1st edition of LORD OF LIGHT has a similar stamp. It is also stamped on the upper pages. And someone wrote in ink above the stamp 'P.D. 9/22/67', supposedly at the Doubleday offices.

Thanks for sharing, ur2ndbiggestfan — That's a neat stamp! The whole "library" aspect brings up some additional questions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 567 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast