Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 567 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I know that Don's remarque would add, at the very least, the cost of the remarque. More likely it would add value beyond the cost.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I know that Don's remarque would add, at the very least, the cost of the remarque. More likely it would add value beyond the cost.

Ooh. I like that!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

...especially if it's signed by the author.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    ... and even more so when it's in color

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm taking my ball and going home.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are all gift editions though, right?

Country
    Country Flag

Mine is.

I think EXPLORER had him remarque a lettered copy. (It might have been numbered.)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, mine is the gift edition.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. That's why I was asking my original question. It seems common to get gift editions remarqued - I know I have several. It seems less common for S/Ls to be remarqued though.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is a S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They all look great guys....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Does anyone have an email address for Marsha at King's office?. I was going to use the 'contact us' link on Stephenking.com, but thought there might be a better contact to use. Thanks.
    I've occasionally made contact with Marsha via that "contact link" and had great success.

John

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

Is that watercolor? It's beautiful. I'm intrigued by a watercolor remarque but am a little concerned about damaging the paper.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have any inside knowledge as to why Before the Play was never included in later editions of The Shining? 'Salem's Lot from Centipede had additional stories and the part cut from the original, CD is publishing the unabridged version of The Stand. It'd be great to finally see the whole story in one book.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Does anyone have an email address for Marsha at King's office?. I was going to use the 'contact us' link on Stephenking.com, but thought there might be a better contact to use. Thanks.
    bump. Ooops....just saw John's post. never mind.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Is that watercolor? It's beautiful. I'm intrigued by a watercolor remarque but am a little concerned about damaging the paper.
    Yes it is the watercolor. Don is very careful when he does these. There is just the slightest crinkle to the page but the pages are heavy enough that it doesn't soak through to affect the other pages. IMO it doesn't damage the book, it just goes along with the medium in which he uses to create the art. Hmm... I know in the other thread they are talking about the crimp/stamp that Don (or authors) use on the pages. That indents the page and to me that isn't any different.

I know a few people on here have one of his watercolors and I don't anyone has complained about it ruining the book. His pencil work is great too but to me his color pieces just pop (as seen by the Revival currently at auction for the HF).

Sorry that was kind of a long answer.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is the watercolor. Don is very careful when he does these. There is just the slightest crinkle to the page but the pages are heavy enough that it doesn't soak through to affect the other pages. IMO it doesn't damage the book, it just goes along with the medium in which he uses to create the art. Hmm... I know in the other thread they are talking about the crimp/stamp that Don (or authors) use on the pages. That indents the page and to me that isn't any different.

I know a few people on here have one of his watercolors and I don't anyone has complained about it ruining the book. His pencil work is great too but to me his color pieces just pop (as seen by the Revival currently at auction for the HF).

Sorry that was kind of a long answer.
    Thanks!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. That's why I was asking my original question. It seems common to get gift editions remarqued - I know I have several. It seems less common for S/Ls to be remarqued though.
    I got my Lettered IT remarqued, both S/L editions of SOD, the Deluxe edition of A Book of Horrors and my Lettered edition of The Exorcist.

If I ever get my hands on a S/L edition of Desperation, I will get that remarqued too.

Personally, I would sooner get a Lettered or S/L remarqued over a gift edition. To me, adding a remarque makes it more special and unique - so I only do this to the very best books in my collection.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm in the minority. Given the option of buying a s/l as issued or one with a remarque, I'd buy the one without every time. I like my limited editions to be in the state they were released. Some of these remarques are beautiful, but I wouldn't want them in my books. If I really enjoyed the artist's work, I would get art for my walls.

Country
    Country Flag

I have 1st and Gift editions with drawings. My only S/Ls with drawings are where the author did a doodle. (Joe Hill, Rick Hautala, etc.)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority. Given the option of buying a s/l as issued or one with a remarque, I'd buy the one without every time. I like my limited editions to be in the state they were released. Some of these remarques are beautiful, but I wouldn't want them in my books. If I really enjoyed the artist's work, I would get art for my walls.
    I am with you I think. Gift editions sure... Not the limiteds and lettereds...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody know where i can get Gerber MyLites2 1117M2 --- 11 1/2 x 17 1/2 sleeves
    preferred online, but will take hints for offline also.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm planning on getting in touch with Jeff Whiley for additional slipcases, but could use some assistance with exact measurements. Could I get some assistance with the measurements (preferably in centimeters) for US 1st editions, with brodart cover, for the following:
    - Lisey's Story, From A Buick 8, Rose Madder, and Bag of Bones

Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Hoping for some help...

For record-keeping purposes I am trying to identify what printing my copy of The Stand may be. I know it is not a 1st.
    Some relevent points are;

DJ price is $19.95, so that eliminates BCE, correct?
    There is no indication of print history on the CP
    It has the correct ISBN
    It has a UPC code on the lower right back of the DJ, unlike a 1st that does not.
    What may be most telling is what appears to be a lack of any gutter code anywhere that I can see. Were they ever on pages other than 823?

Do you think that Doubleday would retain records that would shed any light?
    Any thoughts, hints, or suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 567 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast