Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 567 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 497 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tommy - great question. I asked the same question about signed books.

The consensus was that I need to keep both or get rid of both

Just saying...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I can see added value for a Dark Tower book that is number 19.

I can see added value for a matching number in a series.

I don't see any additional value in low numbers or letters.
    I agree with regards to "19" for a TDT book, but maybe value is the wrong way to put it. I do see a quirky, "Nice to have" value in a lower number, but I don't feel the same regarding a letter for some strange reason. I too, would not pay extra unless there was some significance to me personally in the number or letter or if it helped to match other books.
    I think lower numbers have a - cliched - cachet, even though it doesn't really matter. It's one of those psychological things that have wormed into collector's minds over the year.

A '19' would have no meaning to me. Beyond being a low number, obviously.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I can see added value for a Dark Tower book that is number 19.

I can see added value for a matching number in a series.

I don't see any additional value in low numbers or letters.
    I agree with regards to "19" for a TDT book, but maybe value is the wrong way to put it. I do see a quirky, "Nice to have" value in a lower number, but I don't feel the same regarding a letter for some strange reason. I too, would not pay extra unless there was some significance to me personally in the number or letter or if it helped to match other books.
    I think lower numbers have a - cliched - cachet, even though it doesn't really matter. It's one of those psychological things that have wormed into collector's minds over the year.

A '19' would have no meaning to me. Beyond being a low number, obviously.
    Well, "19" is a central theme to the story and therefore has a certain appeal to me anyway. Not that I'll ever own one. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Tommy - great question. I asked the same question about signed books.

The consensus was that I need to keep both or get rid of both

Just saying...
    HA! I wish I could keep both but one will be returned to the publisher because it was sent by mistake. It's a very convoluted story I might share on my collection thread one day but not now. Keeping both would also be my choice if I could though. Thanks!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

19 has no significance in the Dark Tower books until much later.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    19 has no significance in the Dark Tower books until much later.
    That sort of depends on how you look at it. In addition to his revisions wasn't the original "foreword" actually "On being 19"? I suppose it's up to each individual in the end
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I have a copy that King inscribed to Kirby McCauley on August 26, 1979 and I have to assume it was one of the earliest copies he signed. Your copy signed on the following day also has to be one of the earliest dated signatures for that book. I think it is a real gem.
    Been meaning to say thanks to carlosdetweiller, jhanic, webstar, and RF for the replies regarding my questions around this newly acquired Dead Zone sig. You guys always seem to astound with not just solid answers to the question at hand, but also unexpected insights, backstories, and similar examples that provide such awesome context to these intriguing collectables. Thanks!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Justin Brooks Bibliography book lists this item:

Firestarter Signet paperback 1981 Mass-market PP "0-451-16780-5 0-451-13234-3". Includes an afterword.

This picture belongs to a second printing, right?

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yep. Only Random House (that I know of) starts their number lines at "2"

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

First printings of that particular paperback are insanely hard to find. I need one but have not succeeded in finding one yet.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Justin Brooks Bibliography book lists this item:

Firestarter Signet paperback 1981 Mass-market PP "0-451-16780-5 0-451-13234-3". Includes an afterword.

This picture belongs to a second printing, right?

Yes...That is a 2nd printing.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Perfect! Thanks!

Does anyone here have this item and could share a pic?

A celebration of the life and achievements of Evan Hunter A.K.A, Ed McBain ("On Ed McBain" Paperback program bookley new york society of ethical culture in NY"
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a third printing and it still has the afterward.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    First printings of that particular paperback are insanely hard to find. I need one but have not succeeded in finding one yet.
    Took me forever to find one. I only managed to get the white cover. Still after the black one.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to get dimensions of Just After Sunset w/ dvd. Thanks.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I'm trying to get dimensions of Just After Sunset w/ dvd. Thanks.
    6.5 x 9.5 x 1.5 inches.

The thickness is without trying to compress the book.

BTW the book without the CD seems to be 1 3/8 thick.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, Brian beat me too it, I assume you meant the US version?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ah, Brian beat me too it, I assume you meant the US version?
    I did.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the US version. Thanks Brian! I'm finally getting a Jeff Whiley slipcase made for the signed copy I won in the raffle at the Bradenton, FL event

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the US version. Thanks Brian! I'm finally getting a Jeff Whiley slipcase made for the signed copy I won in the raffle at the Bradenton, FL event
    Brian, did you open it? I would not have... I think they do not need a slipcase. My two are not going in a slipcase.. I have them on little book stands (where they lean back facing cover out).
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

There is a slipcase for this book out there. I'll look for it and add a link. Just another option.
    http://www.stephenkingcatalog.com/ca...nly-p-493.html
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    There is a slipcase for this book out there. I'll look for it and add a link. Just another option.
    http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...ly-p-2621.html

edit: You beat me to it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I've said it before, but I really wouldn't reccomend an Overlook slipcase. They are overpriced and generally have very poor art work. The slipcases themselves are built to a reasonable standard, but some of the designs are IMHO very crude and childlike, not at all professional looking.

Here is the best pictures I can find of this particular case and some other examples:

probably the best of the lot:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian, did you open it? I would not have... I think they do not need a slipcase. My two are not going in a slipcase.. I have them on little book stands (where they lean back facing cover out).
    I opened it several months ago to take a look at the signature, just to make sure it was actually there Personally, I don't like having it in the wrap that it came in. It looks better in a broadart. I can still put the ribbon on it, and keep the letter that it came with.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I know I've said it before, but I really wouldn't reccomend an Overlook slipcase. They are overpriced and generally have very poor art work. The slipcases themselves are built to a reasonable standard, but some of the designs are IMHO very crude and childlike, not at all professional looking.

Here is the best pictures I can find of this particular case and some other examples:

probably the best of the lot:
    Overlook Connection slipcases are beyond ugly!! Fugly would probably describe them best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 567 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 497 ... LastLast