Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 567 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I would consider a Complete First Edition Trade Set of the Dark Tower series to include TWTTK.

LSOE, to my knowledge, was only released as a S/L and Artist Edition from Grant (along with being first published in LEGENDS). A separate "1st Edition Trade" was not published. I have one shelf allocated to all of my DT Trade Publications and LSOE is not included.

Am I correct regarding a trade release? Could be completely wrong regarding LSOE.

Regarding the Dark Tower S/L Set, both of my sets include TWTTK and LSOE as it is my opinion that to be considered a COMPLETE set of DT S/Ls, it would need to include both.
    I have the Everything's Eventual on the shelf at the end. haven't found a legends in good shape yet that I liked. skill looking for an artist edition of LSOE to complete my artist set... oh and a Whelan book 1 I think I will have to settle for a whelan signed 1/2 to complete that... can't afford another 1/1 right now.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I would consider a Complete First Edition Trade Set of the Dark Tower series to include TWTTK.

LSOE, to my knowledge, was only released as a S/L and Artist Edition from Grant (along with being first published in LEGENDS). A separate "1st Edition Trade" was not published. I have one shelf allocated to all of my DT Trade Publications and LSOE is not included.

Am I correct regarding a trade release? Could be completely wrong regarding LSOE.

Regarding the Dark Tower S/L Set, both of my sets include TWTTK and LSOE as it is my opinion that to be considered a COMPLETE set of DT S/Ls, it would need to include both.
    I agree with this sentiment, but also WeDealInLead's assessment of including Legends amongst the trade editions.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post

So another question for the DT collectors.....do you consider a DT 1st edition collection only complete with the inclusion of The Little Sisters of Elluria and Wind Through The Keyhole?
    A "First Edition" collection should include all first editions whether trade or limited.

A "First Trade Edition" collection should include TWTTK and not TLSOE.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What does it mean when publishers make you get a lottery to get a signed limited? That you only might get one?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    What does it mean when publishers make you get a lottery to get a signed limited? That you only might get one?
    It's how scribner did their s/l of 11/22/63 and under the dome. Certain people were randomly chosen from a list of submitted email addresses.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yes, if that.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its also how Lonely Road Books did Blockade Billy. I remember feeling really excited when I was chosen to purchase one.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooohhhh ok now I get it. I thought you had to buy the book basically and that gave you a number and they drew and if they called your number you got the book (like the real lottery lol) always wondered why people would do that

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody know how many 1st edition copies of The Long Walk, Roadwork and The Running Man were printed? I can't seem to find this information anywhere. All I can find is Rage, at 75,000 copies. Thanks.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't think that information has ever been divulged, and in general the first printing numbers issued by publishers are as fictional as the contents of the books themselves.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Does anybody know how many 1st edition copies of The Long Walk, Roadwork and The Running Man were printed? I can't seem to find this information anywhere. All I can find is Rage, at 75,000 copies. Thanks.
    It's unlikely that those numbers will ever be known.
    Not that they are secret, just that even the publishers can't accurately answer that question.
    Perhaps some key documents will be found in the Fogler Library years from now.
    I don't believe Stephen King even knows.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. That's kind of what I suspected.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read somewhere that Finders Keepers has a first printing of 550,000 copies.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello,

I have a favor to ask any members that may have the Castle Rock newsletter from June 1985. Specifically I am looking for information on Part 5 of Dolan's Cadillac. I never had an opportunity to find the complete Castle Rock run and there is a question I have about Dolan's that I am hoping someone would be kind enough to answer.

I have the Original Typescript of Dolan's Cadillac, that is complete with typo's and corrections by Stephen. The typescript comes in at 69 pages, whereas the Lord John Press version comes in at 64 pages. On my version it appears on page 65, so it puts it near the end. That is why I am assuming it would be Part 5 of the Castle Rock serialized version. The section I need a scan/photo of

STARTS WITH:
    I kneeled by the bare earth. The wind had eroded the impressions of the Case-Jordan’s treads but not quite erased them;

ENDS WITH:
    The recovery room was a watery tiled green.
    “Am I alive?” I croaked.
    A nurse laughed. “Oh, yes.” His hand touched my brow – my brow that went all the way around my head.

My version contains several important errors that I have been able to check against the Lord John Press - Galley Proof, and they were fixed. This correction obviously carried onto the Brown/Blue proof copies as well. I am just curious if Stephanie Leonard's version in the newsletter had these fixed, or did it go through unnoticed.

I have checked with Fogler Library at UMaine Orono, and in Box 1012 they have a photo-reproduction of Dolan's Cadillac, but there is no indication on whether or not this was the Castle Rock version or my version (if there even is a difference). It's possible it's also the 5 page original screenplay that Stephen had started before abandoning. Either way, as a member of the public, I cannot view the document to compare.

Thank you very much. Any help would be appreciated.
    Gerald

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Gerald. Here you go. The section you're referring to.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Paul,

This confirms what I had originally thought. In Chapter 35, Dolan's last breath is used to scream "For the love of God, Richardson", which is incorrect as his name was Robinson. Furthermore in Chapter 37, chiropracter is later corrected to chiropractor. There are other mistakes present in the typescript, but I believe that Dolan's last attempt at survival is the most important.

I am assuming that since Stephanie Leonard was Stephen's sister-in-law, she was given a photocopy of the script and just published it verbatim. As the print run was so low ( I believe 500 copies), mistakes would not have been looked for. When it was eventually given to Lord John Press in 1988 (per Herb's constant request by letters to Stephen), that his editor's would have gone through the story more closely.

I appreciate the time to make the photo. I guess I should try to acquire the run so that I can read what other interesting stories are present.

Take care.
    Gerald

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very interesting, and no problem on the photos. I just can't believe I have something in my collection that you don't! If I had a duplicate, it would be yours. Cheers.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's very interesting, and no problem on the photos. I just can't believe I have something in my collection that you don't! If I had a duplicate, it would be yours. Cheers.
    Never sell yourself short Paul. I know you have many items I don't have (Signed Cujo proof for example). I never claimed to have everything, nor will I. And with that, I am okay. I enjoy reading and collecting, and when I come across an item I have never seen, and it's priced right, I buy it. I just never came across a seller I trusted with a full newsletter set (Betts in Bangor had a near full set when I was visiting in 2003, but many copies were photocopies). If the situation ever presents itself, I would like to get a set.

By the way, thank you for your kind words. I know you are genuine in your offer. Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Gerald

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Gerald. And you're certainly right there. I'm sure as impressive as some collections are, there's always going to be something that someone else has. I used to often compare my collection with others, but I quickly learned that it doesn't really matter. It's more about the pleasure you get from the reading and the collecting.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of interest Gerald, which Castle Rock Newsletters are you missing? I have a couple of duplicates from the first year (not any of the 1st 6 however)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Out of interest Gerald, which Castle Rock Newsletters are you missing? I have a couple of duplicates from the first year (not any of the 1st 6 however)
    Hi Simon,

Let me think. I am missing #1, #2, #3, ..... yeah all of them! I didn't purchase the set in 2003 because half were copies and the condition was quite poor. Stu said he would assemble a complete set and let me know when he had one, but I never got that email. He was quite busy at the time, so it's okay.

Gerald

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hi Simon,

Let me think. I am missing #1, #2, #3, ..... yeah all of them! I didn't purchase the set in 2003 because half were copies and the condition was quite poor. Stu said he would assemble a complete set and let me know when he had one, but I never got that email. He was quite busy at the time, so it's okay.

Gerald
    one or two gaps then... Looking at the prices for a full set now, you may regret not chasing that one up!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had pretty close to a full set until the crazy lady (remember the weird lady interviewed in Blair Witch Project?......SISTERS!!!) that I was renting a room from let her bulldog into MY room where he proclaimed his disdain for my book collection, the Castle Rock Newsletter in particular. I think he got my Mist 3D Audiotape too. I moved out a few days later, as soon as I possibly could get away from her and that cursed dog.

They weren't much of a collectible at the time, just a subscription for us to have, preinternet.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

That really sucks!

When my kids were little, some pricey books ended up with crayon "remarques", before I made sure they were out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I had pretty close to a full set until the crazy lady (remember the weird lady interviewed in Blair Witch Project?......SISTERS!!!) that I was renting a room from let her bulldog into MY room where he proclaimed his disdain for my book collection, the Castle Rock Newsletter in particular. I think he got my Mist 3D Audiotape too. I moved out a few days later, as soon as I possibly could get away from her and that cursed dog.

They weren't much of a collectible at the time, just a subscription for us to have, preinternet.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    That really sucks!

When my kids were little, some pricey books ended up with crayon "remarques", before I made sure they were out of reach.

And more Ouch!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 567 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast