Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 348 of 567 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 398 448 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm close to purchasing a S/L Regulators, but I need some opinions on how these two cases look. On the first one, there is some light smudging on the side of the case. On the second case, the top corner of the the Motokops picture looks like there is some bubbling or scratching near the 'M'. I'm told by the seller that it is perfectly flat, but might just be a printing anomaly. Obviously the S/L Regulators isn't cheap, so I want to make sure that I'm getting as Fine a copy as possible. What are some thoughts on how either of the pictures look?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not have one or I would help out... but what bothers me is this... why does this company that did these books NOT GET MORE? This and the lettered are what limited's should be.... just a thought.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it would be nice just to swap out the box, but I guess that's what makes them truly limited.

Do any of the current Regulators owners have any thoughts on the pictures above?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Pet Sematary is not so often for sale on eBay. I just missed the latest auction, which went for $34.

Still looking for one
    Unfortunately, the cost of shipping to you would probably outweigh the cost of the book!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Pet Sematary is not so often for sale on eBay. I just missed the latest auction, which went for $34.

Still looking for one
    Finding a nice copy of this is really hard. It seems to suffer badly with chips to the spine and edges. I think the quality of paper used for the Dust Jacket was pretty low on this one.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice just to swap out the box, but I guess that's what makes them truly limited.

Do any of the current Regulators owners have any thoughts on the pictures above?
    The wear looks like like normal shelf wear. The "bubble" also looks like it could be a printing error. Either way the cases make the book a little less than perfect. I'd say ~10% reduction. Personally, I display my case, so I'd prefer the one without the flaw on the label.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF. I was able to talk to another dealer who had a flawless copy kept in the original shipping box. Its going to be a long few days waiting to get it!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I was not put on lock down I would be after both Regulators right now... my wife knows I have spent near $40k this year... or more (I have not tallied it up) and we bought a house so until she is good with that... this cat is out. The odd book here and there for now. I gotta say I will miss the big ass boxes from Betts or wherever with like 10+ books in it!!!!!!!!! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever dealt with shipping through the USPS Bell Gardens facility in California? I have a book sitting there right now on its way to me, but I've read numerous articles about that facility being a major black hole, with items taking forever to arrive, if at all.

Oops, wrong thread! Sorry!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever dealt with shipping through the USPS Bell Gardens facility in California? I have a book sitting there right now on its way to me, but I've read numerous articles about that facility being a major black hole, with items taking forever to arrive, if at all.
    California is a black hole, IMHO!! LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I have. If it's media mail (actually even priority) I have seen stuff disappear for days, in one case weeks. I've even had stuff get to Bell, ship out, then return. You simply can't get an answer out of them, even with the direct number.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF. That's what I was afraid of. The seller for some stupid reason shipped it as media mail too.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

When Shannon shipped In Mint Condition from Vegas to Florida it went through that facility. (For some strange reason.) It handles a huge volume of mail from all over the West. I've had other items that went through there, and it did seems to add a day or two to my expected shipping time.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

When Shannon shipped In Mint Condition from Vegas to Florida it went through that facility. (For some strange reason.) It handles a huge volume of mail from all over the West. I've had other items that went through there, and it did seems to add a day or two to my expected shipping time.
    Tough to say the percentages, but if I have shipped 500 items that went through the BG facility and there has been trouble with 10 of them; then I hope the other 10 million that go through there don't have a 2.5% screw-up rate.

Has this question I found on the CD Forum already been answered about the REVIVAL DJ?

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post71901

I have a signed copy from the NYC event, and the back of my dust jacket references a teenager browsing grahic novels at "Barnes and noble". I have learned that other djs say simply "bookstore". Does anyone have any info on the 2 versions and whether 1 is rarer than the other?
    I don't have my copy handy to check. Thanks!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Both my copies (purchased at Barnes & Noble) say "Barnes & Noble" on the back of the dust jacket.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Both my copies (purchased at Barnes & Noble) say "Barnes & Noble" on the back of the dust jacket.

John
    I checked with the warehouse. Our copies, which came directly from S&S, say "bookstore" as the poster suggested.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Great, so now you have the B&N variant US edition to go with the regular US edition and the 3 UK Trade versions plus the gift edition...need a bookshelf just for Revival

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

John
    Great, so now you have the B&N variant US edition to go with the regular US edition and the 3 UK Trade versions plus the gift edition...need a bookshelf just for Revival
    If they had asked me, we definitely would have paid for the printing cost for alt DJs that said the "Cemetery Dance store" on them.

Brian

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Plus the US proof and the UK proof.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

John
    If they had asked me, we definitely would have paid for the printing cost for alt DJs that said the "Cemetery Dance store" on them.

Brian
    That would have been cool! Just guessing based on the fact that is says "Barnes & Noble" in the book, but I think they originally planned on them all saying Barnes & Noble but made the switch after printing began to avoid issues with other retailers.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh boy... here we go with another jacket variant, which of course I'll need to have in my collection... I'm gonna ride over to the local B&N today and see what they have...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And I'm going to be searching for the "bookstore" variant!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    They are everywhere EXCEPT for Barnes & Noble.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    They are everywhere EXCEPT for Barnes & Noble.
    So I just got back from the B&N down the road, and most of the copies on the shelf had the "Barnes & Noble" text. A few were still the regular one. Anyway, I picked up a copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 348 of 567 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 398 448 ... LastLast