Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 567 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger Apprentice Captain Hollister will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Did anybody, here, bought some of the "Signed by the author" sticker?
    As this is a roll for 1000 stickers, and i guess that nobody here, needs it all, i would be happy to buy some :-)
    I purchased a roll and would happy to send you some, same goes for anyone else in the UK or Europe, pm me tomorrow and I will sort it out.

Big belated thanks to Tippy4 for the link too

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I would absolutely buy an aftermarket slipcase, or possibly traycase depending on cost, for the 1st editions of DUMA KEY and LISEY'S STORY from Cemetery Dance and/or The Collector.
    We'll be announcing our slipcase for DUMA KEY next month, I think, with a fall ship date planned. As soon as the "finished" prototype is done, I'll be able to snap a few shots and we'll get it listed for sale!

Brian

The Overlook slipcases tend to vary greatly from what I find myself willing to purchase.

Does CD or Tomas offer even a blank slipcase or traycase that would properly house a 1st edition of LISEY'S STORY?

If not, someday when I can muster up the funds, I may go knocking on Dolso's door.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What would be a reasonable price for the Crosscut Magazine from 1998 with Kingīs introduction ?
    From what i understand the print run of this magazine was only 1,000 copies.

Couldnīt find any copies for sale

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen one for sale in a long time but it is not something I routinely search for. Stu Tinker had a good supply when it was first published and sold them for $15.00 each. He quickly sold out of his initial supply and then could not get anymore. I would guess if a completist really had to have one somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 to $50 might be about right. Just a guess.

It was published by Husson College (now Husson University) and my records also list 1000 copies as the print run. It is right in King's (and Stu's) hometown of Bangor. Small college, small print run = tough collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    What would be a reasonable price for the Crosscut Magazine from 1998 with Kingīs introduction ?

Traveler Parhelia will become famous soon enough

Hi,
    Has anyone heard of or know about a "Collectors Gloss Cover" binding?
    I haven't seen the books yet so I can't really explain what they look like.
    Supposedly they are original trade editions.
    Thanks

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds like the seller does not know the term 'mylar cover' (i.e. Brodart). If it's a true binding type, I've never heard of it.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Could be "Turtleback Binding" also known as library binding.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Traveler Parhelia will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the response guys.
    I'll have to go by and find out exactly what they're talking about.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I haven't seen one for sale in a long time but it is not something I routinely search for. Stu Tinker had a good supply when it was first published and sold them for $15.00 each. He quickly sold out of his initial supply and then could not get anymore. I would guess if a completist really had to have one somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 to $50 might be about right. Just a guess.

It was published by Husson College (now Husson University) and my records also list 1000 copies as the print run. It is right in King's (and Stu's) hometown of Bangor. Small college, small print run = tough collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post

It was indeed 1000 copies.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking through my books and I noticed I had two copies of The Dark Tower, Grant Artist Edition. I was going to set one aside to sell, but noticed the signatures were in two different ink colors. Which would you keep? Black, Red, or both?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep 'em both...but if you have to sell one because you need the space or money, keep what you like best!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the red however the black ink signature seems to be a bit nicer (particularly the "L" at the end of Michael).

Edit: I would keep both FWIW.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What tippy said.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Default UK Omnibus

I have not been able to find information in the catalog for the following books. I would like to know if they have dust jackets? Issue prices on the books? and any other first edition markings... Thanks.. RIC

THE SHINING, CARRIE, MISERY - London, England: Chancellor Press, September 1992, 686 pp, hardcover, ISBN: 1-85152-247-6
    CARRIE, THE TOMMYKNOCKERS - London, England: Hodder & Stoughton, July 1994, 791 pages, hardcover. ISBN: 0-340-62335-7.
    THE DEAD ZONE, CUJO - London, England: Little, Brown & Co., October 1999, 794 pages, hardcover. ISBN: 0-316-85369-0.
    THE EYES OF THE DRAGON, FIRESTARTER - London, England: Little, Brown & Co., July 2000, hardcover. ISBN:
    SKELETON CREW, DIFFERENT SEASONS - London, England: Little, Brown & Co., 2001, 1172 pages, hardcover. ISBN: 0-316-85890-0.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, if I could keep both, I would too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all. I think I will keep them both (in light of my discovery) for now. I am having to downsize a bit, but signed items will take high priority. I like the red ink - I agree that the black one is a crisper signature, but I don't worry much about signature quality with stated limited editions. If I did have to keep one, I think I'd lean towards the red - unless I found out that one to be the norm. Which I doubt.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

I checked my copy which is red ink and signed with a very crappy pen.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

This might be a dumb question.... if a buyer is sending Paypal payment via gift option, wouln't the buyer be obliged to pay the paypal fee?. Is there anyway around it through Paypal?. It doesn't make sense to me since the idea is for both buyer and seller to avoid the Paypal fees.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No fee for either party if the Buyer sends the gift using funds from their Paypal Balance or Bank Account.

Fees are only applicable when buyer pulls from credit card....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as the buyer uses funds in their account, or transfere the $ from their bank account, there are no fes for the buyer if they send the $ as a gift.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've kept one of each color signature myself.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Ah, ok!. Looks like I need to explore Paypal a bit more. Thanks for the info guys!.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The caveat about the "gift" option is that you should trust the seller. I think by designating as a gift you forfeit some of Paypal's buyer protections; but I could be wrong.

Doesn't mean that someone here asking for $$ as a Paypal gift is looking to mess you up, but I'd think more than twice if a non-TDT.org sale required Paypal Gift.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    The caveat about the "gift" option is that you should trust the seller. I think by designating as a gift you forfeit some of Paypal's buyer protections; but I could be wrong.

Doesn't mean that someone here asking for $$ as a Paypal gift is looking to mess you up, but I'd think more than twice if a non-TDT.org sale required Paypal Gift.
    Sage advice!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The only one I have intact with the dust jacket is SKELETON CREW, DIFFERENT SEASONS, which has no price listed anywhere. It is also page numbered to 612 for SKELETON CREW, and then the pages start again for DIFFERENT SEASONS, to 560.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 567 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast