Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 567 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    That would be nice. A lot of my older King books are from the old Doubleday book club......hangs head in shame...
    No No No.....don't hang head in shame. Hold head high. It's a collection.

Until I could find copies of his first five, I had a mix of book club and later prints just to fill the space as I continued to look for 1st. I was always happy to show my collection to anyone that was remotely interested.

I think your collection is very cool.

Mulleins

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course it is a "collection", lol. Collect what you want, and what you can afford. Make a goal. Some people have goals with direction such as "I will collect one of each of Stephen King's United States First Editions" ... and other people have other goals ... It depends on what is important to you.

Tip: Don't try to compete with the people that have been collecting for years and years and years with a seemingly infinite amount of moolah in the bank. The people that were around when the rare things were first introduced got first dibs, and they ain't givin' 'em up! Make a goal.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Until the last two years my collection was mostly book clubs and I didn't even know it. Still, i was very proud, I had every Stephen King book in hardcover! It was not until recently that I began seeking out first editions, and I still don't have any Doubleday firsts besides Pet Sematary.

So don't be shamed. Be proud for what you have!! I know I am.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I found out about gift editions, S/L's, lettereds, proofs and everything else, I've struggled to stick to a consistant goal re my collecting. Like Tim & Shannon say, you've really got to go with what is important to you. It is hard though when you see these amazing collections, and all the fantastic items you just wish you had.
    I originally said to myself I want US 1st's, then I thought Gift editions would be cool, then I bought my first (and so far only) S/L, then I picked up a proof. I'm thinking I need to concentrate on my original goal, but I know I'll always be keeping an eye out for something special within my budget...

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I originally said to myself I want US 1st's, then I thought Gift editions would be cool, then I bought my first (and so far only) S/L, then I picked up a proof..
    Hahaha, that is so exactly what happened to me, except I got my first proof before my one and only S/L.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol me too. For me it was a US First, then an S/L, then a remarque, then a foreign book, then a proof, then an audiobook, soon it's original art. The train never stops, and pretty soon you turn into a Shannon and you must have one of everything.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask ... But I have two PayPal questions ...

Let's see ... firstly ... someone sent me money, not an auction or anything like that, just a "send money" thing. Well, he sent it, I got an email saying I got it ... And when I check my PayPal it says I got it ... but it doesn't show up in my bank account. This has been a few weeks. Am I missing a step here or something? I mailed out the item but maybe he has to click some kind of "I got the package" button before I actually get the money?

And secondly, kind of the same question but from another angle. I have found someone with which I would like to do business with. I didn't find them through Ebay, or this site, or anything official. I can't check feedback or have anyone vouch for their reputation. Is there any way to securely make a transaction with this person? I'd rather not get screwed. I haven't been using PayPal long, which is why I figured I would ask here. Thank you in advance.

Shannon

Country
    Country Flag

1) You usually have to initiate a disbursement from you PayPal account to your bank. Use the "withdraw" tab under the "Your Account" main page for this.

2) Hook a standard credit card to your PayPal account and use this funding option to make an unknown risk purchase. Credit card companies offer the best customer protection guarantee. If there is any problem, contact them right away and you will be taken care of.

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh44 View Post
    I just picked up a copy of "The Stephen King Story by George Beahm Deluxe Signed Edition" for $80.00 (original eBay asking price was $150.00)...do you think I paid too much for this item?

Link

Thanks for your comments
    Hi, does anyone else have a copy of this...I was wondering how the quality of this compares with other copies here. I can't seem to locate any information about this deluxe edition on the web. Thanks for your help.
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Looks good....I've got a couple of the Beahm books and I think they're pretty well done.

Not much info on them, though...I'm not sure they ever had trade printings of any legitimate size.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to have a SK signed S/L in my collection but they all are some damn expensive. Does anyone out there know which one's are usually more affordable these days? I've seen Jack Ketchums Girl Next Door S/L for $100-$250 and Whispers (I think) for around $200-$280. Should I be keeping an eye out for any other titles?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I would love to have a SK signed S/L in my collection but they all are some damn expensive. Does anyone out there know which one's are usually more affordable these days? I've seen Jack Ketchums Girl Next Door S/L for $100-$250 and Whispers (I think) for around $200-$280. Should I be keeping an eye out for any other titles?
    What about a S/L A Life In The Cinema?. I'm pretty sure you can get one for about $100. One of the least expensive King S/L, IMO.

Borderlands 5 and Quietly Now S/L are about $150-$200. Postscript 10 and the UK Bag Of Bones S/L are about the same price.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben,
    I had someone on ebay offer me a UK UTD S/L for 125 pounds incl shipping. I thought that was pretty good value. I'm probably gonna say no as I think I need to focus on 1sts for a while and avoid impulse purchases. Happy to send you details if you want?

**EDIT** I feel like a dick, but hopefully you weren't keen on this anyway. I ended up having the funds available for another impulse purchase, so decided to pick this up for myself

Forgive me?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What about a S/L A Life In The Cinema?. I'm pretty sure you can get one for about $100. One of the least expensive King S/L, IMO.

Borderlands 5 and Quietly Now S/L are about $150-$200. Postscript 10 and the UK Bag Of Bones S/L are about the same price.
    + The Ideal Genuine Man sig lim ... also arround 100-150 $

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I sent you a PM!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I would save your money for one of the big limiteds...not an antholgy or book where he just wrote an introduction.

Desperation and Insomnia are usually pretty reasonable...they're true SK books and have high production values.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I'd never buy a S/L he didn't write or at least contributed a story to. I really like anthologies, especially if they're signed by other heavy hitters. More bang for the buck.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the answers folks! .....I'll have more stupid questions I am sure.......

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm not sure what direction I will take. Maybe I should fight the urge and save up some money for one I really want instead of just going for any old S/L.

P.S. Jimimck-Forgiving....plus UTD is one of my least favorite SK stories.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else interested in a UK S/L UNDER THE DOME for a good price?

*edit* SALE PENDING

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My next dumb question.....If I buy a less expensive King "first edition" at say, Target, is it any less a "first edition" than one for sale at say, Cemetery Dance? I've done this...

Country
    Country Flag

A first edition is a first edition is a first edition (is my opinion).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you found a fine 1st edition copy of Carrie at a yard sale and paid $15 for it, are you thinking the value would be lower because you paid less?

Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    My next dumb question.....If I buy a less expensive King "first edition" at say, Target, is it any less a "first edition" than one for sale at say, Cemetery Dance? I've done this...
    I don't know about Target, but bookstores will sell overstock as "Remaindered" in the bargain bin. It may still be a first edition, but will have a remainder mark, so check for that if that concerns you.

And check the printing run. Most collectors say "First edition" meaning "first edition, first printing" but some sellers try to hide the weenie on that. FOR SALE: FIRST EDITION (fifth printing).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 567 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast