Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 567 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Question here ... are/were any of the DT books available in Braille ?!

( actually, I searched and found Needful Things in Braille, but that was the only SK book I could find )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen other SK books in braille I'm sure, but I don't recall seeing any Dark Tower books.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

( actually, I searched and found Needful Things in Braille, but that was the only SK book I could find )
    http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/libra...e_fiction.aspx

BR73998
    The dark tower by Stephen King.
    10 v. of braille.

The final hour of Roland Deschain's quest for the Dark Tower has arrived. This tower has been his Holy Grail, the quest his raison d'etre - and Roland will not stop until he reaches the magical and dangerous tower that stands at the nexus of all time and space. Violence, strong language, and some descriptions of sex. Bestseller. Sequel to "Song of Susannah" (BR73999). 2004 (Dark tower ; 7)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/libra...e_fiction.aspx

BR73998
    The dark tower by Stephen King.
    10 v. of braille.

The final hour of Roland Deschain's quest for the Dark Tower has arrived. This tower has been his Holy Grail, the quest his raison d'etre - and Roland will not stop until he reaches the magical and dangerous tower that stands at the nexus of all time and space. Violence, strong language, and some descriptions of sex. Bestseller. Sequel to "Song of Susannah" (BR73999). 2004 (Dark tower ; 7)
    Wow, thanks, Jerome. I've been doing author searches through a few of the online Braille bookstores, and nothing popped up at all.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I never considered buying a braile edition...Any bookstores you know?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are more or less custom made, or "print on demand" if you will.

The cost and size are prohibitive to the point that I'm not sure how big the market is. One would think that audiobooks would be more popular with the blind.

My Mood
    Gay

Ari / Eric -

I can't seem to find them for sale any place.

When I use the link that Jerome found, which shows they exist, ordering says INVALID ITEM, so they obviously aren't available there.

I'm going to keep looking, though.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In Germany we have some Braile Stephen King books like Skeleton Crew, Pet Sematary.
    But they are more or less impossible to become

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again I'm bothering...but I tried to order from Gaylord and it rejected my CC.

So which one would be the most suitable for HC books:

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...st-A-Fold-II3/

THANKS!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

This is what I ordered, they work great on most king hardcovers....cat# 10 592 003, size 10H x 23L...Brian

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...Ojo6Ojo6MDo%3d

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The link below are the ones that I have been using and they work great. #10 426 005 which are 10" work great for the majority of books. I have bought several of the other sizes as well to cover some of the larger books.

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...AL1?q=10426005

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a webpage somewhere, with a listing of all the 1st uk editions on the same page?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Is there a webpage somewhere, with a listing of all the 1st uk editions on the same page?
    I do not know of any webpage for UK 1st, but if you PM me your email address, I'll forward you my UK 1st identifier in my Excel Spreadsheet.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is thanks to Mr. Rabbit Trick:

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/uk_firsts.html

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but i am looking for the covers...

Well, i guess that they are on my website. Just need to gather them one by one... ^^
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are more or less custom made, or "print on demand" if you will.

The cost and size are prohibitive to the point that I'm not sure how big the market is. One would think that audiobooks would be more popular with the blind.
    True, they are printed on-demand. In Holland they are available, for free, for the ones who need them. Donations need to cover the cost.

When someone requests a braille-book, it is printed. They don't need to return the book.

The books are really big.... for example, Riding the Bullet is 2 books big, but Cell is 24 books.

Audiobooks for the blind are made in the DAISY-format, special players are available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAISY_Digital_Talking_Book

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone purchase a copy of One for the Road from PS Publishing? Is it a nice looking book? It is not in the Collectible Catalog so I've never seen any pics other than what was on the PS website. Wondering if it is worth the $110 or so. Thanks.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have two states of ONE FOR THE ROAD coming, but I won't have them for a month or so, then I'll post a pic in my collections thread.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I saw a copy at World Horror earlier this year. It was a nice looking book, but I found it hard to justify the price.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe there are pics of the book in the New Pride and Joy thread.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got one of the unsigned ones (I thought the price for the artist-signed copy WAY out-of-line) and like the book and its production, even though it is a bit pricey.

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I think thats the consensus... I think the artwork is pretty cool. But a bit high $$

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I think thats the consensus... I think the artwork is pretty cool. But a bit high $$
    Yep, I got one because I'm a lifetime subscriber to PS, but I don't know if I would have paid for one. It's just a picture book. Cool, but worth about $40 max, imo.
    Geoff

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really not liking the cover art. It looks like someone with a Tablet and basic knowledge of Photoshop threw it together in 15 minutes.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

These comments are making me nervous since I shelled out the money for the signed edition as well. I should have bought the signed BRONCO BILLY instead!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 567 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast