Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 567 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange, I show it as $150. I may have made a mistake on my spreadsheet. I ordered them on 8/27/06 and received them on 7/20/07.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So a matching set signed by King for about $450 bucks?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's low.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So a matching set signed by King for about $450 bucks?
    If you multiply the less than $250 each that RF suggested then you are looking at less than $750 per set of three. That isn't necessarily a matched set.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Strange, I show it as $150. I may have made a mistake on my spreadsheet. I ordered them on 8/27/06 and received them on 7/20/07.

John
    My info could be wrong. SK Collector shows 125 pounds/$250. A definitive clarification would be nice.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    My info could be wrong. SK Collector shows 125 pounds/$250. A definitive clarification would be nice.
    I think the 125 pounds selling price is correct. For my set (unmatched and from three different sellers) I paid $247, $242 and $260.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So is the collective saying $750us should buy a set? Matching numbers?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Laws yes! M-O-O-N is a jewel in the rough M-O-O-N is a jewel in the rough M-O-O-N is a jewel in the rough M-O-O-N is a jewel in the rough M-O-O-N's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a modest collection of King works, but my better half has suggested I take up a hobby so I am thinking about becoming a more serious collector. I have a fairly good collection of firsts that I have read over the years, but I'd like to become a little more serious about it all. I read that setting collecting goals is a good idea and you all seem to be experts. Any advice to someone just jumping in? Thank you.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You should decide on just what you want to collect--an area of specialization, so to speak. Are you interested in first editions? Signed limiteds? Proofs? To try to collect EVERYTHING is extremely difficult to bring off. You may also be limited by your budget. It's really up to you.

There are some collectors that are just happy to have a copy of each book, whether paperback or hardcover.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matching numbers would be near to impossible to obtain piecemeal. Thus you have to buy from someone with all three (duh!). $750 seems fair to me, but no more.

Country
    Country Flag

Matching numbers would be near to impossible to obtain piecemeal. Thus you have to buy from someone with all three (duh!). $750 seems fair to me, but no more.
    RF... You would be surprised at what I am able to obtain my good friend
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

RF... You would be surprised at what I am able to obtain my good friend
    If you are that good, you don't need to ask advice from here; you should be providing it.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have been after a copy of the signed limited edition of Stephen King's Desperation for quite awhile now, and have been offered the chance to purchase a copy for $450. I am not sure how much the book originally cost or how much it is worth today, so would like to ask whether $450 is a good deal for a copy of this book?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Way overpriced. Don't pay more than $300-325.
    Yes. They are selling for $275 at the moment.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. It was actually Robert at Grant Books that offered me copy #60 of Desperation for $450. Was $450 the original published price, or is Robert inflating it somewhat?

One other question, as the S/L edition does not have a dust jacket, has anyone put a dust jacket from the gift edition on their copy and would doing so make it more aesthetically pleasing?

As ever, any comments and feedback concerning these two questions would be greatly appreciated.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Matching set #4 sold for $750 at Betts.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've corrected my spread sheet to show the correct prices for The Colorado Kid.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have all three signed editions #14 of 150.

John
    #14 has become my number of choice John, all my PS and CD anniversary editions will be #14.
    Do you keep your house well locked?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    WITH MY SET I HAVE A COPY OF AN OLD EMAIL DATED 6/20/06 WHICH LISTS THE ORIGINAL PRICING L125/$250 PRICE. This was back when only Potter and Miller were noted as artistwith third artist listed as "to be confirmed"

Slipcased Hardcover, signed by the author and the artist
    450 copies priced at Ģ125/$250 (postage, packing and insurance per copy is Ģ5 within the UK and Ģ10/$20 elsewhere)
    (1) 150 copies illustrated by Edward Miller - ISBN 978-1-905834-07-5
    (2) 150 copies illustrated by J.K. Potter - ISBN 978-1-905834-08-2
    (3) 150 copies [artist to be confirmed] - ISBN 978-1-905834-09-9

I noticed the other day that my set is not all same numbers even though ordered at same time;
    #92 Chadbourne, #145 Miller, #64 Potter. Apparently I did not pay attention to that at the time.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,

I have been after a copy of the signed limited edition of Stephen King's Desperation for quite awhile now, and have been offered the chance to purchase a copy for $450. I am not sure how much the book originally cost or how much it is worth today, so would like to ask whether $450 is a good deal for a copy of this book?

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was actually Robert at Grant Books that offered me copy #60 of Desperation for $450. Was $450 the original published price, or is Robert inflating it somewhat?

One other question, as the S/L edition does not have a dust jacket, has anyone put a dust jacket from the gift edition on their copy and would doing so make it more aesthetically pleasing?

As ever, any comments and feedback concerning these two questions would be greatly appreciated.
    Bump.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have all three signed editions #14 of 150.

John
    #14 has become my number of choice John, all my PS and CD anniversary editions will be #14.
    Do you keep your house well locked?
    I keep my watch dragon hungry.

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,

Bump.
    The catalog is your friend. Desperation S/L

As to the dust jacket, I would wonder why you would want one. It didn't come with one. If you don't care for the looks of the book why not just get the gift edition? That being said, I don't know if it would fit.

Also, I recently paid $250 for my copy, so $450 is way out of the current market.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Hi
    I have two different copies of Stephen King country by George Beahm.
    On the picture the red lettered is a 1st trade without the DJ, but i donīt know what ed. the other one is.
    The book is in "fake leather",no DJ, same info on CP page as 1st trade ,same size, different look on spine.
    Anyone know what ed it is. PC copy?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Hi
    I have two different copies of Stephen King country by George Beahm.
    On the picture the red lettered is a 1st trade without the DJ, but i donīt know what ed. the other one is.
    The book is in "fake leather",no DJ, same info on CP page as 1st trade ,same size, different look on spine.
    Anyone know what ed it is. PC copy?

Pics of the first couple inside pages may help with identification I would think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Of course
    Same info on cp page on both ed.
    The 1st trade have black front and end paper, the other ed. have grey.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it is a rebound copy of the trade hardcover? The limited and lettered editions were numbered/lettered, so without the limitation page, I'm guessing a rebound book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Maybe it is a rebound copy of the trade hardcover? The limited and lettered editions were numbered/lettered, so without the limitation page, I'm guessing a rebound book.
    That is what I think too. I've got a lettered and a trade edition. Neither are bound like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 567 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 ... LastLast