Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 567 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, have you ever filed a claim, and if so was it reasonably easy to be reimbursed?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Rahfa,

Above the $5000 USPS will insure, if you use registered mail, USPS will insure up to $25,000, according to what I read on USPS.com.

Bob,

Would the deductible for the insurance not be increased if for example you might one day claim a package worth $500 was lost in the mail?. Is it worth the potential extra deductible than paying for insurance?.
    I don't think there is a deductible. This is not like homeowner's insurance or personal article floater. I'd have to double check the policy but I'm pretty sure there is no deductible.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bob, have you ever filed a claim, and if so was it reasonably easy to be reimbursed?
    I've never had to file a claim.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That is wonderful in one aspect, but it would be comforting to know that they don't bring out the "small print", and deny your claim.

That is wonderful in one aspect, but it would be comforting to know that they don't bring out the "small print", and deny your claim.
    I don't have any doubts that they would pay for a legitimate loss. The conditions are clearly stated in the policy. They are a legitimate company. Not like the USPS.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They are a legitimate company. Not like the USPS.
    Agreed.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That's the real question - my feeling on insurance on a subjective item like a signed book is we are basically paying for "loss" only, and I wonder if "damage" would be really considered legitimate, you know?

Traveler WankelsRevenge is on a distinguished road

Default Looking for a few images

Hey everyone. I'm doing a personal graphic arts project and need somehelp. I was wondering if anyone had a good quality high resolution image if the symbol on the front of the Unfound door. Also if anyone would happen to have it the drawing of the Little Bald Doctor from "Insomnia." I know there's one in the hardcover edition of the book, mines just out on loan ATM.
    TIA
    Ryan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to move this to the Collector's area of Calvin's Corner. I think your best chance for the images would be there.
    I'll leave a short redirect.
    Additionally, once in Calvin's Corner, when the questions are answered it will be merged in the general Q&A thread.
    Welcome to thedarktower.org.
    Is this the Insomnia image you wanted?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the best image I can find for unfound until I get around to making one myself.

**** edit **** Ok that didnt work but you can just right click on it in my gallery pics and save picture as.

Punto Ka dotKay is on a distinguished road dotKay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for some clean (hq if possible) images of The Waste Lands' artwork, i couldn't find them in the gallery, does anyone have them?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you buy the Wastelands portfolio from Donald M. Grant books, you will have them all.
    Link to The Wastelands portfolio.

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking about something like the images of your own gallery, buy thanks anyway

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The images posted in the gallery were done by herbertwest, and from the book itself, hence the seam in two page images.
    I am not sure if you want every image, high quality, or just a portion of one or two.
    Providing every image in a HQ format without permission could be frowned upon by those with the copyright.
    Happy to help on a very limited basis, but I certainly don't plan on scanning every image I have from the portfolio, and then posting them.

Country
    Country Flag

I am just looking for some images, not necessarily in hq.
    I'm planning on doing some wallpapers to post in the forum, some about the books of the series and some about the forum itself.
    I don't want to do anything out of the rules either, just wanted to contribute with something...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

PM the specifics and I will assist as best I can.
    Glad to see a newer member posting here.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a question maybe you expert type folks could help with, (a) What constitutes a true First/First of DOTT/DTI? and (b) are the "Trade" firsts being offered on the DMG website for 75$ + s/h considered "True" firsts?

if not, what are the differences?

Much Obliged to the respondent (s)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I have a question maybe you expert type folks could help with, (a) What constitutes a true First/First of DOTT/DTI? and (b) are the "Trade" firsts being offered on the DMG website for 75$ + s/h considered "True" firsts?

The ones they are offering, I believe, are the true first editions. These preceded by years the later Plume editions and contain the original Phil Hale artwork.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

The ones they are offering, I believe, are the true first editions. These preceded by years the later Plume editions and contain the original Phil Hale artwork.
    Yes. The DOTT from Grant is the true first. I'll go ahead and probably start an argument here but I'm one of those who believes the AE editions of 5,6,7 should be the true first editions as well.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pictures of both the first and second editions are in the King Collectibles Catalog in this site:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=974

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Pictures of both the first and second editions are in the King Collectibles Catalog in this site:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=974

John
    Hey Thanks all I really appreciate it. For some reason (as yet unknown to me) I thought it was a much smaller print-run for a true first. So I assumed (and I know what happens when u do that lol) that the DMG offerings were additional printings of a first.

Sucks getting Old lol lol

On a side note: DMG didn't do an AE did they? I have a Phil Hale signed copy I was gonna trade which is why I ask. Thanks again all
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I'll go ahead and probably start an argument here but I'm one of those who believes the AE editions of 5,6,7 should be the true first editions as well.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm with you there. The AE states "First Edition" and the Grant/Scribner hybrid states "First Trade Edition."

I assume there's a difference, but yeah, which came first???? I say the AE.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Hmmm...thats weird cause I can see them on my end...lol.. I'll try some thumbnails...its Night Shift...in Fine condition
    I'd say $3-$400. I, like you, was fortunate to find a copy on a shelf and it was marked way below market price.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I'll go ahead and probably start an argument here but I'm one of those who believes the AE editions of 5,6,7 should be the true first editions as well.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm with you there. The AE states "First Edition" and the Grant/Scribner hybrid states "First Trade Edition."

I assume there's a difference, but yeah, which came first???? I say the AE.
    A 1st/1st Trade is simply that. An Artist Edition is a 1st/1st AE.
    Just After Sunset had a "Collector's Edition" that stated "First Edition", however to most collector's it isn't a 1st/1st Trade.
    As to what is the worlds First, that is an entirely different and comlpicated discussion.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Hmmm...thats weird cause I can see them on my end...lol.. I'll try some thumbnails...its Night Shift...in Fine condition
    I'd say $3-$400. I, like you, was fortunate to find a copy on a shelf and it was marked way below market price.

Hey..thanks for the response. I actually got an email directly from Hutch and sent him a few other pictures. He put the value at 450 to 750, so I guess the deal I got on the book was a damn good one. I bought the book and paid for priority shipping and still paid less than 200 !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 567 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast