Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 567 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 401 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

He may be family, but if he's trying to weasel a free book that he's going to sell, I wouldn't do it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Why should he get a book anyway?

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Steve wants a book. He did not pay me for the tickets. He wants the book to sell for a profit. He already has a signed copy.
    No question in my mind... Fratricide is the answer!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Steve wants a book. He did not pay me for the tickets. He wants the book to sell for a profit. He already has a signed copy.
    No question in my mind... Fratricide is the answer!
    Society DOES frown on that, but it would be very understandable.

John

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Stevo........You Snoze You Lose.........

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Give him the book (he still has to pay for the book and ticket) with the caveat that he "owes you one". We are only talking ~$200. Family sucks, but you might need him for something in the future.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Give him the book (he still has to pay for the book and ticket) with the caveat that he "owes you one". We are only talking ~$200. Family sucks, but you might need him for something in the future.
    a kidney?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

a kidney?
    Hahaha

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might have asked this before but I have the money to get it now so I figured I'd just go over it one more time:

1. Would it be wise to get a display case for Knowing Darkness? I normally don't for books but as you know it's very big plus the slipcase appears to have some cloth illustration glued on which appears a bit fragile. As is it's on it's side with the bubblewrap over it.

2. If so, I've narrowed it down to two options and I'm not sure which to pick.

http://www.casesforcollectibles.com/1602.html

http://www.bellsaviation.com/mm5/mer...gory_Code=MISC

Including shipping costs, the second one is $17 cheaper but (as it's made for displaying helmets) is considerably wider than the book. The first one is a custom fit but is more expensive.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    a kidney?
    Hahaha
    Good one!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    a kidney?
    Hahaha
    Good one!
    Check an see if he's a match first. IF NOT.....THEN
    Spoiler:
    imho

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

a kidney?
    No. Perhaps a fetching wife...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I might have asked this before but I have the money to get it now so I figured I'd just go over it one more time:

1. Would it be wise to get a display case for Knowing Darkness? I normally don't for books but as you know it's very big plus the slipcase appears to have some cloth illustration glued on which appears a bit fragile. As is it's on it's side with the bubblewrap over it.

Including shipping costs, the second one is $17 cheaper but (as it's made for displaying helmets) is considerably wider than the book. The first one is a custom fit but is more expensive.
    I don't think either one is a good fit.
    George Beahm sold the perfect cases...did you look for one of those?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried contacting him about it, he said he might have had one left but he never got back to me. Also with the first one I made the measurements slightly bigger just so it'd be a less tight fit.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought one from the first place. $61 for a custom case is a steal IMHO

Rattling around in the cheaper over sized case really doesn't make much sense when you really think about it. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I'll probably end up doing that.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad I could be of assistance.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Rattling around in the cheaper over sized case really doesn't make much sense when you really think about it. IMHO
    Bill, did you include the black or white acrylic base in that case? I'm leaning toward getting that case as well, but am unsure about the base.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    He may be family, but if he's trying to weasel a free book that he's going to sell, I wouldn't do it.
    Same. Especially if he plan to sell it for a profit. I would rather sell it myself and give him half of the profit (which would be generous as he didn't bother doing anything to get it).
    Family is family, but though cookie! Cant always rely on others...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Bill, did you include the black or white acrylic base in that case? I'm leaning toward getting that case as well, but am unsure about the base.
    Black
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Not sure that I agree with you Cook. Despite Joe's fame I dont see how his sig on a book he didnt write, even tho dedicated to him, would increase the value. Personally I would rather not have any other signatures other than actual author and artist.

Having said that I do place a higher value on a book inscribed to the person the book is dedicated to. I would pay a HIGH premium for a Shining inscribed to "My Favorite Son Joe" (sorry Owen).

Somewhat related I want to add that Im not a big fan of original illustrations in my books unless its the original DJ artist. I briefly hem and hawed about having Don Maitz illustrate a Duma Key for me at the recent gathering but decided that his artwork isnt relevant to the original trade publication so passed. I may be in the minority with this opinion but to me having anyone other than the original author or artist mark up your book is comparable to an owners bookplate regardless of their fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I recently asked Joe to sign the dedication page in the Shining (last year in Portland Oregon)
    But, he very politely turned me down.
    I personally, think it would increase value if both had signed this one.
    If it was just Joe, just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    This is regarding King (or other authors) dedicating a book to a family member or someone else in their life.

Would the family member or friend's autograph on the dedication page increase, lessen, or have no effect on the value. I think we can use several scenarios.

1. The Shining, 1st/1st, signed by Joe on the dedication page
    2. The Shining 1st/1st, autographed by the King, and also signed by Joe on the dedication page

Due to his fame, using Joe may be comparing apples to oranges, so:

3. Another book by any author, dedicated to a non-writer family member or friend in the same scenarios

I have no intention of coming into the King scenarios, but the examples are relevant to this group. I will be the World Horror Convention and the wife of the late Richard Laymon will be there. I'm curious as to whether her autograph on a dedication page of one of his novels (possibly a S/L) would increase or decrease the value.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Somewhat related I want to add that Im not a big fan of original illustrations in my books unless its the original DJ artist. I briefly hem and hawed about having Don Maitz illustrate a Duma Key for me at the recent gathering but decided that his artwork isnt relevant to the original trade publication so passed. I may be in the minority with this opinion but to me having anyone other than the original author or artist mark up your book is comparable to an owners bookplate regardless of their fame.
    I agree 100%
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I agree 100%
    Picasso drew in my ARC of Carrie. He was on his deathbed. I thought about destroying the book as he essentially defaced the book, but it really is a cool drawing...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd not give Picasso a Salem's Lot to draw in...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I agree 100%
    Picasso drew in one of my copies of a 1st trade HB of 'Salem's Lot. I thought about destroying the book as he essentially defaced the book, but it really is a cool drawing...
    Yeah Pablo's good like that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 567 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 401 ... LastLast