Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 567 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Neat!

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team.
    Can I please get your thoughts on this signature?
    Thank you

Looks good to me. I really like the way the dedication to Stephen is signed!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team.
    Can I please get your thoughts on this signature?
    Thank you

Looks good to me. I really like the way the dedication to Stephen is signed!
    Yeah it's kinda nifty to see a book dedicated to Stephen from Stephen, almost like it's double signed

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks team. Someone on a facebook group was asking about it and I wasn't sure but wanted to give them some comments on if legit or not. Always rely on the group here to help.

Cheers!

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Has anyone seen these Danse Macabre items before (quoted from Brooks' Bibliography)? Anyone got pics?

18. Excerpted as a broadsheet in 1990. See [Untitled]: C303.

And if I am not mistaken there were two states of the broad sheet - That is what I thought I remember Barry Levin saying to me years ago. The unsigned, which I have as well, and a signed version. Or perhaps King just signed some at the event. Not sure.

John

John
    Stephen King Wantlist: Ubris, Dt2 #768; SDreams1 #543 - Thankee-Sai

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Has anyone seen these Danse Macabre items before (quoted from Brooks' Bibliography)? Anyone got pics?

18. Excerpted as a broadsheet in 1990. See [Untitled]: C303.

And if I am not mistaken there were two states of the broad sheet - That is what I thought I remember Barry Levin saying to me years ago. The unsigned, which I have as well, and a signed version. Or perhaps King just signed some at the event. Not sure.

John

John
    I have the unsigned version and I have a signed version, it's not numbered or anything but was signed at the event.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I have 1 of the very elusive Michael Whelan remarqued artist edition of Little Sisters of Eluria, I bought it from Karen at Grant Books at that time, will sell for 500.00 plus 25.00 insured shipping. Dave

If i cant pose a question in collectable classifieds underneath this post, everything gets lost in translation. But my question would be, it was purchased directly from Karen at Grant Books. Could those elusive books "that we all had a chance to recieve" actually been distributed??? if so, at an additional cost? i still would love the mystery to be revealed!

it has been years since this happened. PM me if necessary. I cant stand being in the dark! Even the government discloses secrets faster!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

A lot of people believe they were intentionally held back.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I have 1 of the very elusive Michael Whelan remarqued artist edition of Little Sisters of Eluria, I bought it from Karen at Grant Books at that time, will sell for 500.00 plus 25.00 insured shipping. Dave

If i cant pose a question in collectable classifieds underneath this post, everything gets lost in translation. But my question would be, it was purchased directly from Karen at Grant Books. Could those elusive books "that we all had a chance to recieve" actually been distributed??? if so, at an additional cost? i still would love the mystery to be revealed!

it has been years since this happened. PM me if necessary. I cant stand being in the dark! Even the government discloses secrets faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    IMHO, Let it be. There is ample discussion on the forum to draw your own conclusions and no real need to revitalize the discussion at this time. What is done, is done and move on. If, you really want to research it feel free to do the homework. JMHO Of course. There were many facets to the story as I recall when it actually took place.

The world has moved on and so should this discussion, IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

IMHO, Let it be. There is ample discussion on the forum to draw your own conclusions and no real need to revitalize the discussion at this time. What is done, is done and move on. If, you really want to research it feel free to do the homework. JMHO Of course. There were many facets to the story as I recall when it actually took place.

Bill,

If you don't mind, I (along with and other staff members) will be the judge of when a discussion needs to be discontinued or moved along.
    TIA for your cooperation.

Jerome

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

It sucks if they did that. I really wanted one of those remarques, I bought three copies to increase my chances, but didn't get any (one had the KA doodle).

Did anyone actually get a remarqued copy directly at the retail price?

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    It sucks if they did that. I really wanted one of those remarques, I bought three copies to increase my chances, but didn't get any (one had the KA doodle).

I never heard the story... Can someone fill me in?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

IIRC when Little Sisters of Eluria was announced Grant, they said that in the Gift Edition of the book, 30-50 copies would contain a remarque by Michael Whelan, those copies to be sold randomly so everyone would have a chance of getting one. My copies didn't (one had a KA doodle)

[Edit]
    Here's the page on Grant website:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-1-lsoe.html

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Bill,

If you don't mind, I (along with and other staff members) will be the judge of when a discussion needs to be discontinued or moved along.
    TIA for your cooperation.

Jerome
    My apologies. Nevermind.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

IIRC when Little Sisters of Eluria was announced Grant, they said that in the Gift Edition of the book, 30-50 copies would contain a remarque by Michael Whelan, those copies to be sold randomly so everyone would have a chance of getting one. My copies didn't (one had a KA doodle)

[Edit]
    Here's the page on Grant website:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-1-lsoe.html

oh yeah.... thanks for that link.
    Now I remember what pissed me off a few years ago that made me pretty much stop buying new books....ie. that limitation of 800 WTTKH by grant that froze out the loyals that had purchased directly from Grant the previous past five high dollar #Limited's ... that had numbers above 500. Just when I was considering returning to buying collectables again... I'm all pissed off again and ready to say fukit once more.

I can for sure tell you that I'll never by another item from Grant ever again ... that's for sure... even if they were still publishing anything worthwhile.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane... now I can save my money for something offered by someone with more integrity... like hookers.
    Yep... not over it...

and S&S still sucks big time - still don't have that POS S&S TGWLTG limited... if it was given to me... I'd use it to start my BBQ

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

don't mind me..... just warming up for a showdown tomorrow morning with the auto repair place.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I had other reasons for not ever wanting to purchase from Grant again, and this back story just adds to that.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So... in a nut shell guys... these books (like the pic that Grant show) might never have been given to collectors like they promised?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

So... in a nut shell guys... these books (like the pic that Grant show) might never have been given to collectors like they promised?
    That has long been the assumption. We assume that Robert (and Karen) pulled out all (or most all) of the copies with Whelan drawings for their own personal use. Karen sold a few copies with the smaller drawings to collectors but, to my knowledge, none of the larger color pieces have ever surfaced. We assume that Robert has them in his collection.

In the past and on more than one occasion our moderator, RF, has stated that when enough time has passed he will tell us the whole story. I think enough time has passed and I would like to know any additional information that may be available. IMO, it was one of the biggest and most dishonest rip-offs of collectors that I know of.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow.

Dan

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Wow.

Dan
    Ill second that Dan. WOW.... Unreal....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That has long been the assumption. We assume that Robert (and Karen) pulled out all (or most all) of the copies with Whelan drawings for their own personal use. Karen sold a few copies with the smaller drawings to collectors but, to my knowledge, none of the larger color pieces have ever surfaced. We assume that Robert has them in his collection.

In the past and on more than one occasion our moderator, RF, has stated that when enough time has passed he will tell us the whole story. I think enough time has passed and I would like to know any additional information that may be available. IMO, it was one of the biggest and most dishonest rip-offs of collectors that I know of.
    I agree. It's been 6 years.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see the need for secrecy either. Especially after so many years. There has been turnover at Grant, so I wouldn't think it would harm anyone professionally.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a very bad experience with Grant Books in the past, wherein an employee of the company took money for items which were actually not intended for sale. The employee kept the money for his/herself and shipped the items which were destroyed in shipping. Hilarity ensued when the items were not able to be replaced, and the employee was not able to provide a refund. Mr. Wiener was not pleased when he found out about such shenanigans. I don't think I was the only person who got pulled into this scheme. The employee no longer works for Grant. I don't have any specific information about the Whelan drawings, but to the best of my knowledge that employee is the only person to have ever received one from Grant. I am an active collector of Grant Books, and just purchased their most recent offering (Phil Hale - Life Wants to Live). I bear no ill will for the company or Mr. Wiener. I would be surprised if he has 50 remarqued copies of LSOE sitting on a bookshelf somewhere. I think a more likely scenario is that the signature pages were removed from circulation before they were ever bound in the books. I don't know who might have been able to accomplish that feat.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I read todays post about the long walk and then re-read the historical essay by Bev Vincent. Can someone clarify what happened with the Sword in the Darkness? sounds like a full book? do i already have a copy in my King unpublished????

He didn’t want to discourage King from writing something else, perhaps something more topical and relevant to the era, and he ended up providing chapter-by-chapter feedback on King’s next book, Sword in the Darkness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 567 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast