Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 567 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the difference between a slipcase & a traycase?
    cf the DOCTOR SLEEP by CD for instance
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A slipcase is a case that's open on one side, so you can slide the book in and still see the spine. A traycase is a closed case with a lid - you open the lid, put the book in and close it, and you don't see the book anymore.

(very primitive explanation )

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What's the difference between a slipcase & a traycase?
    cf the DOCTOR SLEEP by CD for instance
    Some photos here might help:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c.../photos-of-it/

The brown one is the slipcase and the black one is the traycase!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.
    I am wondering how those are called in french... especially the traycase.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

A slipcase with a door on the front?
    that should do the trick, no?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Custom slipcases?

Since SP's NOS4A2 doesn't come with a slipcase I was considering ordering myself a custom one once I get the measurements.

Are there any recommended and affordable services? I'm not looking for something extravagant, just something that's sturdy and protects the book from harm.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Le traycase.
    Le Big Mac.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Royal with cheese?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Le traycase.
    Lol

Traveler Gracie1245 is on a distinguished road

Default ISBN help

Hi all. I am new, so I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place. My copy of Waste Lands has come up missing. I am hoping to replace it with the same edition. It is porbably not valuable in any way, however I still have the dustjacket. (What happened- I split from my ex and he took the book, along with my favorite CD and my favorite movie.) The ISBN on mine is 0-9367986-17-8. When I search for it, I am unsure how to make sure I get that one and not another hardcover edition. Does anyone have any tips? Or know how I can tell what I am getting if the ISBN is different? Thanks all!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can only say that that's the ISBN on my Grant Wastelands. It should be unique to that, shouldn't it?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Gracie1245 is on a distinguished road

I would think... It just seems like when I try to find a copy, the sites have other ISBN's listed, and I can't seem to figure out how to be sure I'm getting the right one. Amazon, for instance, lists ISBN-13: 978-0937986172 on the same page to purchase.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would suggest one of the mods move this thread to the Collecting Questions thread. You may get more answers there.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

And your best bet is to buy the book on a website where you can see what you're buying - eBay for instance. You should always (literally) judge a book by its cover. I would never rely on an ISBN when ordering a book.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie1245 View Post
    I would think... It just seems like when I try to find a copy, the sites have other ISBN's listed, and I can't seem to figure out how to be sure I'm getting the right one. Amazon, for instance, lists ISBN-13: 978-0937986172 on the same page to purchase.
    Is this the book you are seeking?
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...III+-+Trade+HC

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be glad to help out. I already have a couple on the back-order list waiting for measurements .... mine would be out of wood. - a no-frills slipcase (no engraving, labels etc) would run $80 ..... may be a little expensive but it would last you till it floated away with Noah in the flood!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody here posted a picture of the spine for a true 1st/1st Night Shift, (not the dust jacket)
    I'm not sure where to look,
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Has anybody here posted a picture of the spine for a true 1st/1st Night Shift, (not the dust jacket)
    Thanks

The catalog is generally your friend!!! LOL

As evidenced by, RF!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie1245 View Post
    Hi all. I am new, so I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place. My copy of Waste Lands has come up missing. I am hoping to replace it with the same edition. It is porbably not valuable in any way, however I still have the dustjacket. (What happened- I split from my ex and he took the book, along with my favorite CD and my favorite movie.) The ISBN on mine is 0-9367986-17-8. When I search for it, I am unsure how to make sure I get that one and not another hardcover edition. Does anyone have any tips? Or know how I can tell what I am getting if the ISBN is different? Thanks all!
    In general is it not the best idea to use the ISBN to buy his books, unless you are just looking for any old copy and don't really care about things like it being a first printing. I suggest you head over to the catalog (Randall Flagg linked you to the page in the catalog for this title) and check out how to tell a first printing from other printings. Good luck and I highly suggest you make sure to get pics of the book you are getting before you buy, also make sure you know how the seller packs his/her books for shipping BEFORE you commit to buy from them.

Welcome to the forums!!!
    Christine

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bruce,
    Is the gilt on the spine Gold or Silver ?

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the gilt on the spine Gold or Silver ?
    yes
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 567 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast