Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 567 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Also Hearts in Atlantis with Why we're in Vietnam?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Blind Willie

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Blind Willie
    definitely homeless Vietnam war veteran
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Are there any King short story that deals in any way with war (it could deal with a homeless veteran, for instance)? The story doesn't have to focus on war but just mention it.By short I mean less than 50K words, preferably <40K words.
    Help from the experts is appreciated.
    Blind Willie from Hearts in Atlantis. The New Lieutenant's Rap. Why We're In Vietnam.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys... has anyone ever put into crono order, the best way to read King's books including the DT and all that surround it? Leaving out anything NOT related to the Dark Tower. My buddy asked me what he should read and how to read them. I remember reading Insomnia and LOSING my mind at the end when I realized that I had a read a huge book... for one reason. The Dark Tower. It made King... a King in my mind. Anyways, thoughts guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey guys... has anyone ever put into crono order, the best way to read King's books including the DT and all that surround it? Leaving out anything NOT related to the Dark Tower. My buddy asked me what he should read and how to read them. I remember reading Insomnia and LOSING my mind at the end when I realized that I had a read a huge book... for one reason. The Dark Tower. It made King... a King in my mind. Anyways, thoughts guys?
    I don't know that there IS a best way -- that's certainly open to argument. In The Dark Tower Companion, I suggested that the best place to start is The Little Sisters of Eluria -- it's chronologically before The Gunslinger and it's more accessible than DT1. Certainly I would read the 1990s books like Insomnia, Black House and Hearts in Atlantis in publication order relative to the Dark Tower because they were proving grounds for concepts that were later included in the series. I'm sure you'd even get some debate over whether to read Wind Through the Keyhole in the 4.5 position or after the series. I side with the latter viewpoint. A person would probably want to read 'Salem's Lot before DT5 and the story Everything's Eventual before DT7, but for many of the other tie-ins I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I don't know that there IS a best way -- that's certainly open to argument. In The Dark Tower Companion, I suggested that the best place to start is The Little Sisters of Eluria -- it's chronologically before The Gunslinger and it's more accessible than DT1. Certainly I would read the 1990s books like Insomnia, Black House and Hearts in Atlantis in publication order relative to the Dark Tower because they were proving grounds for concepts that were later included in the series. I'm sure you'd even get some debate over whether to read Wind Through the Keyhole in the 4.5 position or after the series. I side with the latter viewpoint. A person would probably want to read 'Salem's Lot before DT5 and the story Everything's Eventual before DT7, but for many of the other tie-ins I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.
    This is great stuff Bev! thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's actually a very pertinent question for me at the moment Webstar. I'm on my first run through of The Dark Tower, started with Little Sisters, then the Gunslinger. Now I went back and started up The Stand, as I understand it ties in as well. Interesting not to see it on your list though, Bev, not as important to the series as I had imagined?

Also though I started with Little Sister, I don't think it was necessary. It does little to help comprehend The Gunslinger in opinion. Though it is odd structurally I found The Gunslinger to be a more engaging read than LSOE. So far so good though.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I would love a Dark Tower order list. I mean I can do one but Bev is the man i think when it comes to this... I am going to give it to my buddy. HE CANNOT UNDERSTAND why I have ten's of thousands of dollars in rare DT stuff.... so I told him. The books took a hold on me and now he wants to see what it is all about. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    That's actually a very pertinent question for me at the moment Webstar. I'm on my first run through of The Dark Tower, started with Little Sisters, then the Gunslinger. Now I went back and started up The Stand, as I understand it ties in as well. Interesting not to see it on your list though, Bev, not as important to the series as I had imagined?

Also though I started with Little Sister, I don't think it was necessary. It does little to help comprehend The Gunslinger in opinion. Though it is odd structurally I found The Gunslinger to be a more engaging read than LSOE. So far so good though.
    The Stand is sort of important in that it gives some insight into Flagg, but I don't find it all that crucial to an understanding of the series. It makes one scene in DT4 make more sense.

Sorry -- we're getting a bit off topic here, but this is my list of the most significant tie-in works, in my opinion. You won't go far wrong reading them in publication order. I elaborate upon their significance to the mythos in The Dark Tower Companion:

‘Salem’s Lot
    The Stand
    The Talisman
    Skeleton Crew -- specifically The Mist and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Insomnia
    Rose Madder
    Desperation
    The Regulators
    Bag of Bones
    Hearts in Atlantis
    The Plant
    Black House
    From a Buick 8
    Everything’s Eventual
    The Colorado Kid
    Ur
    Mile 81
    11/22/63

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! Thanks for the list Bev!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry -- we're getting a bit off topic here, but this is my list of the most significant tie-in works, in my opinion. You won't go far wrong reading them in publication order. I elaborate upon their significance to the mythos in The Dark Tower Companion:

‘Salem’s Lot
    The Stand
    The Talisman
    Skeleton Crew -- specifically The Mist and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Insomnia
    Rose Madder
    Desperation
    The Regulators
    Bag of Bones
    Hearts in Atlantis
    The Plant
    Black House
    From a Buick 8
    Everything’s Eventual
    The Colorado Kid
    Ur
    Mile 81
    11/22/63
    Hey Bev, I'd be curious to know you're reasons for including "11/22/63" as a TDT related book. I mean besides the obvious "It" wink is there more to your thought process? Could you be specific? I really respect your insight. I have a few thoughts, but I have a feeling your thoughts would be more on point and cogent.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Here's what I wrote in The Dark Tower Companion:

Though King took measures to keep 11/22/63 from being an overt Dark Tower novel, many of its concepts are familiar to readers of the series. Most obvious is the use of a portal to travel to a different time. It is a North Central Positronics kind of door, always arriving at the same place and time, rather than a magic door, which can be aimed. The lead character, Jake Epping, spends a few months in Derry, which is a significant location in the Dark Tower universe.

The entire concept for 11/22/63 is laid out in Wolves of the Calla. Using Black Thirteen and the Unfound Door, a person could go back to Dallas on November 22, 1963, and see whether Oswald acted alone or was part of a larger conspiracy, Father Callahan says. “And perhaps you could change what happened that day. If there was ever a watershed moment in American life, that was it. Change that, change everything that came after. Vietnam . . . the race riots . . . everything.” Eddie replies, “But, Pere . . . what if you did it and changed things for the worse? I think it takes a great man to make a great mistake. And besides, someone who came after him might have been a really bad guy. Some Big Coffin Hunter who never got a chance because of Lee Harvey Oswald, or whoever it was.”

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. Thanks, Bev!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Bev is a real asset~! How do you retain the info Bev?? Do you read them more than once?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

When doing the two Dark Tower books, I reread the entire series many times. However, I'm also quite adept at looking things up, which makes it seem like my memory is better than it is!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, however you do it Bev, your knowledge on the subject is astounding.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I find searchable e-books to be a great asset
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those this book looks like a 1st/1st or could it be a BCE or anything?

I dont have it, but if someone is interested I could probably get it (someone in Paris asked me to look at their books) : just make me an offer

============>

Also, would a stamp from Steve's agent (as well as the french agency dealing with King's rights) increase or decrease value? The PET SEMATARY do not have any, but another book had one.
    I am waiting to recieve a full list of what he has and consider selling
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely a first. A BCE wouldn't have the price on the inside DJ flap, or state First Edition on the copyright page.
    I think the stamp question is subjective.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what I wrote in The Dark Tower Companion:

Though King took measures to keep 11/22/63 from being an overt Dark Tower novel, many of its concepts are familiar to readers of the series. Most obvious is the use of a portal to travel to a different time. It is a North Central Positronics kind of door, always arriving at the same place and time, rather than a magic door, which can be aimed. The lead character, Jake Epping, spends a few months in Derry, which is a significant location in the Dark Tower universe.

The entire concept for 11/22/63 is laid out in Wolves of the Calla. Using Black Thirteen and the Unfound Door, a person could go back to Dallas on November 22, 1963, and see whether Oswald acted alone or was part of a larger conspiracy, Father Callahan says. “And perhaps you could change what happened that day. If there was ever a watershed moment in American life, that was it. Change that, change everything that came after. Vietnam . . . the race riots . . . everything.” Eddie replies, “But, Pere . . . what if you did it and changed things for the worse? I think it takes a great man to make a great mistake. And besides, someone who came after him might have been a really bad guy. Some Big Coffin Hunter who never got a chance because of Lee Harvey Oswald, or whoever it was.”
    Many thanks, Bev!!!! I thought the "Yellow Card man" was some sort of nod as well, but maybe that's just me over thinking. Great stuff, Bev

Spoiler:
    Plus, isn't it great to be an official "Webstar1000 Asset"???? LOL LOL J/K Kris!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Despite what Stu Tinker said in his eBay listing last week, April 16, 1974 was the date of the signing at the Univ. of Maine - Orono bookstore. Hutch has a flyer from that event and I confirmed the date with him. As such, this is a book from the first known King book signing and is of significant importance to collectors. To me that makes it worth quite a lot more than just an average signed copy of CARRIE. If the book and dj are in fine condition (and I'll bet they aren't) I wouldn't let that go from my hands for less than $3000. Less depending on condition. Most books from that signing show up in fairly worn condition.

I see sellers on eBay and ABE trying to sell signed copies of CARRIE for $2K and up and this book, IMO, is worth a whole lot more than a copy signed at a later date.
    My pride and joy is a pristine copy of Carrie signed and inscribed on that day April 16th 1974 in mint condition with flawless dj. I have it in a special Carrie molded hard-case with red velvet inside. The cover is molded to look like the UK version of 1st i think. the front and back covers of the book have never been fully opened and it definitely has never been read. This book had a very fortunate life. And its gonna stay that way if i can help it not sure of the value but its definitely a pride and joy of my collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 567 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 ... LastLast