Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 567 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Question for you guys... if you do not use Ebay (I do to buy not sell as in Canada Ebay will not allow your ads to be seen in the US.. which is silly as we can see the ads from there...) or Our local Classfieds (Kijiji is like a flea market to say the least), and here.... where do you go to move your books? I have a few gift editions I want to sell or trade for a signed one as I cannot afford to collect them both and well to be frank.. I am running out of room on the shelf~ LOL
    Have you looked at AbeBooks? I believe anyone can setup an account.
    Thanks Dan I looked and I guess you can upload what you have (if you only have a few which I do) and they will make you an offer... kind of neat if you want to turn them into something else. I mean they may offer nothing for the books... I will let everyone know when I upload the ISBN's tomorrow. Thanks
    I'm not sure about that aspect, but I was referring to becoming a seller. Then list your books like all the other listings.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    Same with me. I never record by purchases. I do have a box of receipts from Grant, CD, etc. In a weird way, I really did not want to know how much was being spent.
    Think of it as backup information for your family.
    If something were to happen to you, would they know enough about what you have in your collection to sell them at the best price?
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Same with me. I never record by purchases. I do have a box of receipts from Grant, CD, etc. In a weird way, I really did not want to know how much was being spent.
    If something were to happen to you, would they know enough about what you have in your collection to sell them at the best price?
    I try to keep my kids up to date, but I have Dick and Jerome as fall backs.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started a list of my own.

Not that I'm afraid I'm going to die tomorrow, but for the benefit of my family. Not that my collection is that great--especially compared to the members of this site!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In retrospect, while not nearly as impressive as some others here (and no where near as knowledgeable) I am very pleased that in addition to my complete US/UK 1/1 collection I have been fortunate enough to add a very respectable amount of both S/L's and Flat signed books. You gotta cozy up to the battles you have won, rather than focus on the overall "war". LOL IMHO

Everyone is ultimately a "winner" here and our "legacies" shall move on!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I keep my list hidden from the wife or my demise might come earlier than expected.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep my list hidden from the wife or my demise might come earlier than expected.
    LOL I hear that!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ROFLMAO!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

That's one of the two reasons I keep a database. My other reason is -- since I've posted it on-line -- I can consult it at a bookstore if by chance I can't recall if I already have a particular book or not.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    That's one of the two reasons I keep a database. My other reason is -- since I've posted it on-line -- I can consult it at a bookstore if by chance I can't recall if I already have a particular book or not.
    I actually got an insurance discount through homeowners by giving them a database copy of everything in Room 217. I give an update to my rep every 3-6 months depending on activity. Of course, with everything released this year, I think I had to update it daily...haha

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish my collection was so big that I had to do what you guys are doing... It is large but I know what it there. Couldn't imagine having so many I would have to see if I have the book! haha I do agree that you should also let someone close to you (wife, sibling, children) know what you have in books cause should something happen to you and no one knows... they could just give it away or worse junk them... guarantee that has happened once or twice over time... kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I guarantee our spouses and other halves would know what to do with our collections even without specific instructions. As for the sizes of collections, you'll get there. Take it easy, and focus on one or two goals: first editions, gift editions, S/Ls, signed trades, anthologies, first appearances etc. Read and research things on your own. Start with the catalogue and all the resources on this board.

I'd start with first editions. Those should be the cornerstone of any decent collection.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i made the mistake of collecting 1st editions. after that was complete, i am now working on flat signed 1st editions. 60% of my flat signed books were signed in person. The other 40% i traded or purchased. now i almost have two compete collections. 1sts and 1sts flat signed. Then i found some cheap proofs, and then good deals on S/L books. and then Randall Flagg keeps telling me to buy stuff on the SK ebay page, so i have quite the room full of stuff!!! I am trying to stay focused on my flat signed collection, then DAvid at Betts keeps posting items tooo!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My back up plan if I die tomorrow is I have instructions for Greta to log on here, let you all know, and I'm hoping she will then get some advice on what to do with my books.

So in other words even after I'm gone I plan to use all your knowledge to help me out :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

I was thinking to leave "the king collection" to charity... Not sure how that would work...
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking to leave "the king collection" to charity... Not sure how that would work...
    Leave it to thedarktower.org and we can sell it on your behalf by giving the outcome to The Haven Foundation.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Leave it to thedarktower.net and we can sell it on your behalf by giving the outcome to The Haven Foundation.

Mulleins
    Great idea Ralph.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Leave it to thedarktower.net and we can sell it on your behalf by giving the outcome to The Haven Foundation.

Mulleins

Mulleins
    Great idea Ralph.
    It would be better if you left it to thedarktower.org

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Listing corrected. Sorry about that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Great idea Ralph.

I'll second that notion!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

What would a 1st/1st dust jackets in VG condition for a Gunslinger from Grant, and a 1st/1st Carrie same condition go for?

Country
    Country Flag

I also have a question for all the good folks here... What would be a really good deal for a Buick 8 S/L? My buddy says he has a line on one for next to nothing but I haven't heard the price yet so I want some "ammo" so to speak. Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also have a question for all the good folks here... What would be a really good deal for a Buick 8 S/L? My buddy says he has a line on one for next to nothing but I haven't heard the price yet so I want some "ammo" so to speak. Thanks!
    Anything under $400 is a good deal....

Country
    Country Flag

Next to nothing sounds like a great price. Short of that, I don't know.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I got mine a couple years ago for $275.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 567 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast