Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 567 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    I am slowly working on collecting a complete set of King's first editions/first printings..
    I was wondering if there is a accurate list somewhere?
    Any help would be appreciated..

Brian.
    Anthologies:

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (first appearance of “The Doctor’s Case”)
    I SHUDDER AT YOUR TOUCH (first appearance of “The Revelations of ‘Becka Paulson”)
    FIRST WORDS (first appearance of “Jhonathan and the Witchs”)
    DARK LOVE (first appearance of “Lunch at the Gotham Cafe”)
    999 (first appearance of “The Road Virus Heads North”)
    LEGENDS (first appearance of “The Little Sisters of Eluria”)
    ROBERT BLOCH’S PSYCHOS (first appearance of “Autopsy Room Four”)
    THE YEAR’S BEST FANTASY AND HORROR; EIGHTH ANNUAL COLLECTION (first appearance of “The Man in the Black Suit”)
    BOOK OF THE DEAD (first appearance of “Home Delivery”)
    PRIME EVIL (first appearance of “The Night Flier”)
    NIGHT VISIONS 5 (first appearance of “The Reploids,” “Sneakers,” and “Dedication”)
    MASQUES TWO (first appearance of “Popsy”)
    THE SEVENTH WORLD FANTASY CONVENTION BOOK (King contributed “The Bird and the Album“ which was a part on his novel-in-progress It.)
    SHADOWS 4 (first appearance of “The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands”)
    DARK FORCES (first appearance of “The Mist”)
    SHADOWS (first appearance of “Nona”)
    BORDERLANDS 5 (first appearance of “Stationary Bike”)
    TRANSGRESSIONS (first appearance of “The Things They Left Behind”)

By "first appearance" I mean published in book form. Some of these might have been published first in a magazine. But I collect books, not magazines, so that's my criterion for what consitutes a "first edition."

The above is from my own collection file; there are others. That's what keeps me "in the game." There is always another book to seek out!
    Wow!.thanks for the list...
    For now I'm going to concentrate on the US Trades....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In general, a collector first needs to decide whether or not to go for 'first appearances' of short stories (as opposed to first printings of novels and story collections, which are mandatory IMO). The second question is: magazines, anthologies, or both? My personal preference is actually magazines - I will only get an anthology when there is no (earlier) magazine appearance.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Is a hardcover with the following dustjacket always a first/first or are there other printings as well?

Not always a first/first. I believe the UK bookclub (BCA) looks like that too. Your image is from Cold Tonnage Books. You can trust Andy Richards. If he says it is a first printing then it is.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob,

The first picture was just an example. The second picture is the actual book for sale.
    I got a little suspicious because the colors were not as vibrant as other first printing for sale.

The seller just confirmed (so you are right), it is a Book Club Associates-edition.

I didn't know that the UK has Book Club-editions, too.

(Copyright page states : “This edition published 1981 by Book Club Associates by arrangement with New English Library”)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The UK has 2 book clubs who produce King books. BCA and Guild Publishing. The covers are the same as the originals but have BCA or Guild on the spine. They also do not have a price on them.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I did know about the book clubs, but I am still curious about later trade printings of the early books. They exist, obviously, but do any of the first five King books from the UK have later printings with the same cover art as the first printing?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've not seen any personally. The UK publishers only print hardbacks in batches of 500 for "unknown" authors. (think Harry Potter's first book). King was not that famous for the 1st 5 books in the UK, and they did not sell well in hardback. I've seen lots of copies of The Shining with remainder letters.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Big Book of Necon (first book appearance of The Old Dude's Ticker)
    John
    This was the second printing of this story. The first was in the Necon XX Commemorative Volume (2000)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but I think he was asking for the first hardcover printings. I may have been mistaken.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Yeah, but I think he was asking for the first hardcover printings. I may have been mistaken.

John
    He did say, "By "first appearance" I mean published in book form.""

Traveler rachel_lentner is on a distinguished road rachel_lentner's Avatar

Default just curious

Hey guys!

So, I was at work the other day and my boss (who knows Im a dark tower junkie) handed me a tiny book. It is titled "The Dark Tower; an excerpt from the upcoming Wizard and Glass." I guess Stephen King gave these away when you bought "Desperation" or "The Regulators" back in 1996 as a teaser for Wizard and Glass.

This mini-book is wicked cool. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen these or knew if they might be kind of rare?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those were a promotional booklet offered by booksellers when the double-packaged set of Desperation and The Regulators with the night light ran out. They are not too rare (value is in the $10-15 range). You see them every so often on eBay in that range.

(By the way, you've got a neat boss!)

John

Country
    Country Flag

I think most collectors have a copy, it's not uncommon:

They come up for sale on eBay on a regular basis.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got one of those on eBay a few weeks ago for $15

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have one of those also that I have had a few years.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

that's something i don't have. i've in fact never even heard about it. so mayhap i'm one of the very few people here who hasn't?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that little book - glad I have one.

RoG33, you need to hunt one down!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i agree, i don't really have nothing of "SK" that is really collectable. other than 2 paperback copies of 'The Colarado Kid" one i got used. the other i got New. guess which one i'll be reading? he he. anyways, & a copy or "Rage" that's not in the greatest condition my brother's gf when i was 16 or 17 got me at i think a Flea Market. other than that the rest of my "SK" collection is the typical released stuff that you can find in stores like

"Borders" & i got most of mine from i forget the name of it but it isn't borders. to my knowledge they are 1st editions. some in better conditions than others. meaning they aren't tore, but they have been read. you see white from the use of people who have read it. on the paper of course. & some of the covers are bent like that as well. but than i also have hardbacks that are in mint condition as well.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I also DON`T have it, till now...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's one on eBay right now, but it's pretty expensive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KINGS-DA...item45f83fd97d

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got at least a couple at Betts here that I'd sell for $15 + S/H

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Off topic...I just went to the Betts Books site and saw the pics of the snow at your place. O...M...G!!!!!! I wouldn't bother shoveling, I'd buy a freakin' flame thrower.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. This thread will be merged. We are off topic in a thread that is off topic

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ok. This thread will be merged. We are off topic in a thread that is off topic
    If we were off topic in an off topic thread wouldn't that mean we were on topic?

I have a couple of those booklets and one signed one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 567 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast