Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 567 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The real deal.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I also think that is the real deal.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I don't think I've ever seen a King signature with that color of blue. Usually it's a darker shade.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went to the event in MN. My book is signed in blue. It's real.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Collecting Question: how scarce are Publisher's Copies of The Plant, Part II? And of parts I and III? I just purchased an unsigned/unnumbered copy of Part II from Camelot and I received a pic of the limitation page, which has 'P/C' written in pen. I had only heard of the signed/numbered, signed/lettered and designer's proof copies (the ones with M.H.A. initials).

I know Hannes has an unsigned/unnumbered copy of Part II but I don't know if it has P/C on the limitation page.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No P/C on my copy , nothing written at all .

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by olverts; 12-02-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added picture

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, mine has 'P/C' directly below the word 'copy'. Interesting.

*edit: oh, and as far as I could tell from the other pic I received, the book is 'stringbound'. I believe I heard that the signed limited was bound in the traditional way?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I have ever seen a copy with "PC" written in on the limitation page in the place where a number is usually written. The ones I have seen are blank (no writing).

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm not sure I have ever seen a copy with "PC" written in on the limitation page in the place where a number is usually written. The ones I have seen are blank (no writing).

Well, that would make a lot of sense, Bob since, I am sure "PC's" also serve to resolve shipping damaged copies for the publisher, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Well, that would make a lot of sense, Bob since, I am sure "PC's" also serve to resolve shipping damaged copies for the publisher, no?
    I guess so. But THE PLANT was never sold to the public. They were privately produced by King to send out to friends in lieu of Christmas cards. They were gifts, not purchases.

Country
    Country Flag

Any ideas about similar copies of Parts I and III? It would be nice to gather a full set, even if they're unsigned/unnumbered.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess so. But THE PLANT was never sold to the public. They were privately produced by King to send out to friends in lieu of Christmas cards. They were gifts, not purchases.
    I know, but all concerned are "in the Biz" so I would think they would fall to standard habits, common sense-wise, but I could be totally off base here.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I know, but all concerned are "in the Biz" so I would think they would fall to standard habits, common sense-wise, but I could be totally off base here.
    I don't really know, either. But it was such a small print run to begin with, done by such a small company founded pretty much for a not-for-profit whimsical project that I'll bet not much thought was given to having to provide replacement copies for disgruntled recipients. These are all just overruns from the print run. I'm pretty sure the whole "lettered" edition was an afterthought since "and 26 lettered copies" is written in by hand on the limitation page for Part One. I suspect that the overruns for Part One were turned into the lettered copies and that is why there are so few blanks for that volume. The lettered edition was planned for on Parts Two and Three, as shown by its inclusion on the limitation page statement. Overruns for Parts Two and Three are much more common whether they have something written on the limitation page or not. I doubt we can know for sure. Just an interesting mental exercise.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't really know, either. But it was such a small print run to begin with, done by such a small company founded pretty much for a not-for-profit whimsical project that I'll bet not much thought was given to having to provide replacement copies for disgruntled recipients. These are all just overruns from the print run. I'm pretty sure the whole "lettered" edition was an afterthought since "and 26 lettered copies" is written in by hand on the limitation page for Part One. I suspect that the overruns for Part One were turned into the lettered copies and that is why there are so few blanks for that volume. The lettered edition was planned for on Parts Two and Three, as shown by its inclusion on the limitation page statement. Overruns for Parts Two and Three are much more common whether they have something written on the limitation page or not. I doubt we can know for sure. Just an interesting mental exercise.
    You're more than likely correct. You're certainly much more an authority than I. As you say, interesting mental exercise. Fun while it lasted until, an absolute authority can weigh in I suppose. Thanks for all the info though. Very interesting!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My Plants 1 and 2 both have "designer's proof M.H.A." written on them very lightly in pencil. I have never attempted to erase them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,
    How rare are the Stand art portfolios by Berni Wrightson? (unsigned). Any ideas on what they are worth? I see one locally and just wondering if it is worth picking up.

Cheers
    James

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Hi guys,
    How rare are the Stand art portfolios by Berni Wrightson? (unsigned). Any ideas on what they are worth? I see one locally and just wondering if it is worth picking up.

Cheers
    James
    James,

I think I paid between $50 and $75 for mine. I believe the signed plate is numbered to 1200. David has one for sale for $45, but I think it is the unsigned version.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anybody please provide me a picture (or post) of the copyright page for a 1st/1st "New Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos"
    I'm looking to buy one and I am a little confused on this one.

Also... what's the publishers printed price on The inside of the Dust jacket?

Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

New Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos title page states ARKHAM HOUSE 1980 Copyright page First Edition designed by Jason Van Hollander.Price upper right hand corner front flap $11.95.

And this book did go into subsequent printings but are so marked on the copyright page.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Hi guys,

Cheers
    James
    James,

I think I paid between $50 and $75 for mine. I believe the signed plate is numbered to 1200. David has one for sale for $45, but I think it is the unsigned version.
    Thanks Eric. Looks like the one here is about that price when I consider what shipping it in would cost as well. Thought if it was below market value I'd pick it up.
    Cheers

Along the Path of the Beam elscorcho526 is on a distinguished road elscorcho526's Avatar

Hi, all,

Hate to break from the conversation...or to ask the obvious, as I'm new to collecting. I recently came across a Salem's Lot volume, no bar code or price on jacket. The book is mint, but I fear it's a well kept book club. Cover, "By the author of Carrie." Is the lack of the above a tell tell sign this is a book club? Thanks!

-Frank

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If the dust jacket doesn't have a price on it, it's likely a book club edition. The first edition Salem's Lot says "First Edition" on the copyright page and has the code Q37 in the gutter of the book on page 439. Here's a good reference:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/1st/salemslot.html

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Check the Catalog entry for 'Salem's Lot:
    'Salem's Lot - Trade HC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 567 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 274 ... LastLast