Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 567 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance!

I'm the proud new owner of a copy of the SNL IT published by Cemetery Dance, and I have a concern.

I placed a Brodart archival-quality Dust jacket protector on the dust jacket of the book. I did this so if I want to gaze upon the beauty of the book, I can without worry of harming the dust jacket. However, once I placed the dust jacket protector on the book, I noticed that the tray case does not close all of the way. It is almost a quarter inch gap.

Am I harming the tray case in any way? Do I need to separate the book from the tray case? Or is it okay to keep them just as they are?

I have the book in the tray case which is in a Brodart archival bag. I placed it back into the box it came in with and added styrofoam peanuts. So the book is laying flat-down.

As you guys can tell--LOL--I try to keep my books in the best condition possible.

Again, many thanks for any insight you guys may have!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Thanks in advance!

I'm the proud new owner of a copy of the SNL IT published by Cemetery Dance, and I have a concern.

I placed a Brodart archival-quality Dust jacket protector on the dust jacket of the book. I did this so if I want to gaze upon the beauty of the book, I can without worry of harming the dust jacket. However, once I placed the dust jacket protector on the book, I noticed that the tray case does not close all of the way. It is almost a quarter inch gap.

Am I harming the tray case in any way? Do I need to separate the book from the tray case? Or is it okay to keep them just as they are?

I have the book in the tray case which is in a Brodart archival bag. I placed it back into the box it came in with and added styrofoam peanuts. So the book is laying flat-down.

As you guys can tell--LOL--I try to keep my books in the best condition possible.

Any books that I have in traycases do not have Brodart covers on them. The case is designed to fit the book perfectly, so adding the Brodart makes it too thick. I think the traycase protects the book just fine without the Brodart.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My gut feel is that you could damage the traycase if there's gap and something happened that would press it down. I would take off the Brodart dust jacket protector.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

Any books that I have in traycases do not have Brodart covers on them. The case is designed to fit the book perfectly, so adding the Brodart makes it too thick. I think the traycase protects the book just fine without the Brodart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My gut feel is that you could damage the traycase if there's gap and something happened that would press it down. I would take off the Brodart dust jacket protector.

John
    The traycase cover being closed offers more protection than a Brodart cover and an open traycase. If the traycase doesn't close properly and it gets forced closed then you risk damaging the traycase hinge or board. I wouldn't bother with the Brodart cover in this case especially since the whole thing is in an archival bag.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Elazansky, Jhanic and Brian!

I took the dust jacket protector off and it fits just fine. When I noticed it didn't want to close all of the way yesterday, I removed it. The last thing I want is damage! LOL

Again, thanks guys! The tray case will do the job just fine.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few years back I picked up this cats skull that was supposedly a prop in the movie Pet Cemetery. Got it much cheaper than the 1st item, which was a dog skull also signed. I tend to think the item is legit as the signature looks good to me. So a few questions:

Thoughts on the signature and legitimacy of the item?

Any one here the owner of the dog skull or know who is?

Value of the item if you think its legit?

you can see a bigger version of the photo in the gallery - http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...signed&cat=625

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Militant Mind View Post
    A few years back I picked up this cats skull that was supposedly a prop in the movie Pet Cemetery. Got it much cheaper than the 1st item, which was a dog skull also signed. I tend to think the item is legit as the signature looks good to me. So a few questions:

you can see a bigger version of the photo in the gallery - http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...signed&cat=625

Question, you're not married are you? LOL LOL Cause if you are, my hat is off to your wife!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a better looking signature than I've seen on some books.

If the signature is good then I think it would almost have to have been a prop. I doubt SK went around signing just any cat's skull.

As far as value goes I have no idea. This would be a niche market. A rare item if real though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Question, you're not married are you? LOL LOL Cause if you are, my hat is off to your wife!!!! LOL
    Married and she is awesome, it is a little gruesome but goes well where I have it. Certain portion of my office with the few things I will never part with this, letters from hell, and the DT set of first editions.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hahaha i had this on my watch list - this hast to be alt least 5 years ago , hum ?
    nice to see that i is in good hands

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    hahaha i had this on my watch list - this hast to be alt least 5 years ago , hum ?
    nice to see that i is in good hands
    Yep begining of 2008, somewhere around the same time of the King DC event. Wondering if someone here has the dog head though.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi All, I recently posted this on The Collector forum, but I'd appreciate your valued opinion on this as I could return the book if there is an issue.

I recently bought a signed Misery 1st/1st. On receipt of the book I checked it against another copy of Misery that I have which I believe to be a genuine 1st/1st. Problem is they are different....

The new signed one has WHITE end papers and is printed by R.R Donelley and Sons, Harrisonburg Virginia
    My other copy has RED end papers and is printed by Arcata Graphics, Fairfield Penslyvania.

I am aware that in some cases different printers can be used for 1st editions, however what really sets my alarm bells ringing is that the signed Misery references 'Book of the Month'' ....

Both have 1st/1st dust Jackets.

I have attached images below - I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm if one of these is NOT a 1st/1st.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The one that says "BOMC" is not a true 1/1. The other appears to be the real deal. Though you do appear to have two 1/1 DJ's as well..

The one that's signed is not the BOMC one, right? I hope!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Both DJ's are 1st editions. IMO, the book is not a 1st edition. It is a BOMC married to a 1st DJ.
    Legit inscription, legit signature; but the book itself is not a 1st edition.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The one that says "BOMC" is not a true 1/1. The other appears to be the real deal. Though you do appear to have two 1/1 DJ's as well..

nope its the BOMC one - that's what I was afraid of. Ok this sucker is going back from whence it came....

Thanks guys - appreciated.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

nope its the BOMC one - that's what I was afraid of. Ok this sucker is going back from whence it came....

Thanks guys - appreciated.
    Damn!! I don't know what you paid for it, but a "King Sig" is still valuable. All depends on what you paid. You may want to just ask for a partial refund. I'm just saying.....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if someone has posted pics of the art from Stephen King's 25 anniversary edition of IT?

I checked Cemetery Dance's site but couldn't find all 29 of them. I checked the art section here and couldn't find any, either. I like having digital copies, and I also like them on my computer's desktop.

I've searched all over the internet as well.

Again, thanks!
    WANTED:

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What would you all say are fair / easy sell prices for the following :
    Joyland s/l
    Dark man s/l
    Dark man portfolio
    UK DT4 s/l
    Dr Sleep gift edition
    Dr Sleep s/l

And is anyone interested in any of the following?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if someone has posted pics of the art from Stephen King's 25 anniversary edition of IT?

I checked Cemetery Dance's site but couldn't find all 29 of them. I checked the art section here and couldn't find any, either. I like having digital copies, and I also like them on my computer's desktop.

I've searched all over the internet as well.

Again, thanks!
    We have 14 interior shots here in the art area:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...amp-Glen-Orbik

Even the Portfolio only has 14 images plus the sig page.

EDIT: Going to open portfolio and confirm.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 29+ images.
    I suggest you contact CD, unless you have the portfolio-then you could scan the images.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There are 29+ images.
    I suggest you contact CD, unless you have the portfolio-then you could scan the images.
    Thanks, RF! I deeply appreciate it!
    WANTED:

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Just to throw in another voice of confirmation, that second photo is definitely a bookclub edition...you can tell simply by the poor print quality and the translucence of the paper (compare that against the sharp print quality and comparative opaqueness of the first photo). Would be interesting to know if the married 1st dj was placed on there by the prior owner for some sort of personal/collector enhancement, or by the current seller (presuming they are not one and the same) to deceive.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all - appreciate your knowledgeable input. I paid far too much for this to accept a BOMC edition - signed or otherwise. I have contacted the seller and have asked for a refund.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all - appreciate your knowledgeable input. I paid far too much for this to accept a BOMC edition - signed or otherwise. I have contacted the seller and have asked for a refund.
    Good luck!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If there is trouble, please post here. No need to mention the seller yet, but if they hesitate or deny a refund, the community should know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 567 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast