Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 567 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen this one before, how rare is?
    Not rare at all. It can still be bought. No-one wants it as its abridged.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for a slipcase for Just After Sunset. I know Overlook Connection made one, but the quality looks suspect. Does anyone have one they can comment on? Are there any others besides the OC one?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I'm looking for a slipcase for Just After Sunset. I know Overlook Connection made one, but the quality looks suspect. Does anyone have one they can comment on? Are there any others besides the OC one?
    The OC case is appalling, the artwork looks like the work of an untalented child.

I'm not aware of any other 3rd party cases other than the one that came with the UK limited edition:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately. I have one. They were the only option at the time and I wanted a case for my signed copy. The craftsmanship is fine. It's a good, sturdy case. The graphics are kinda dumb IMHO, but that doesn't affect it's ability to do it's job. Simon, has a much better option with, Jeff Whiley and the cases look much better and are very reasonable priced from what I've seen.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Unfortunately. I have one. They were the only option at the time and I wanted a case for my signed copy. The craftsmanship is fine. It's a good, sturdy case. The graphics are kinda dumb IMHO, but that doesn't affect it's ability to do it's job. Simon, has a much better option with, Jeff Whiley and the cases look much better and are very reasonable priced from what I've seen.
    I have one from the OC as well, and I agree, the artwork is terrible, but the case is well made. With the book on the shelf, you can't see the graphics anyway

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true, Eric. I look at the case as protecting my collectible and not enhancing the resale in any way. If I had a choice now a days, I'd go with a, Jeff Whiley case.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I didn't know that Michael Alpert made any Plant traycases. Most of the ones I have seen (and the ones in my collection) were commissioned and sold through Betts Bookstore.
    Yes he made a few I was told from Stu Tinker. Mine was signed by him in pencil (as is always the case) inside the case, as it was for his personal set. I wish he did this for other books, as the craftsmanship is one of the finest of any case I have ever commissioned.

I have read elsewhere that people were looking for matching number sets of The Plant, but all my research has concluded that they were not matched to the same number each year, but merely random. Any matching numbers is purely coincidental. Enjoy. Gerald

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Awesome Gerald!!!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Amazing!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing ... jealous!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Love them!

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the "Michael" inscription-then saw who it was to and it is even better...
    I have a set signed to the same "Chris" and their numbers are 170,154,and 81 so yes matching is coincidental...

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I like the "Michael" inscription-then saw who it was to and it is even better...
    I have a set signed to the same "Chris" and their numbers are 170,154,and 81 so yes matching is coincidental...
    I bet you would like the Michael inscription. Out of curiosity, does your 1st Book have a secondary signature on the Title Page? Mine has only on the first book and I was wondering if originally they were going to be simply flat signed, but then he decided to sign them with inscriptions?

Obviously 200+ inscriptions would have been a strain on the wrist at Christmas time.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald - WOW !!!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post

I bet you would like the Michael inscription. Out of curiosity, does your 1st Book have a secondary signature on the Title Page? Mine has only on the first book and I was wondering if originally they were going to be simply flat signed, but then he decided to sign them with inscriptions?

Obviously 200+ inscriptions would have been a strain on the wrist at Christmas time.
    I've always wanted to see one of the Alpert traycases - they are very nice. Thanks for sharing. I have a complete set and it does not include the secondary signature on the Title Page.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post

I've always wanted to see one of the Alpert traycases - they are very nice. Thanks for sharing. I have a complete set and it does not include the secondary signature on the Title Page.
    Thank you for checking. I appreciate it. I am not sure why he did that. Gerald

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a set with the same Alpert signed traycase.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I have a set with the same Alpert signed traycase.
    Very nice. I believe I have seen that before. I was told at the time that he didn't make many of them. Holds the set really well.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just when you think you are happy with your collection, the big boys come out and put things in perspective!

Thanks to all for sharing
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald
    Mine are as follows:
    Part 1 For Chris With all best-have a great 1983! Steve King 1/14/83 not signed twice
    Part 2 For Chris Hope you'll have nothing but the best in 1984- Steve King 1/4/84
    Part 3 For Chris With best wishes-hope your holidays will be pleasant Steve King 12/4/85
    Now who was Chris????

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald
    Mine are as follows:
    Part 1 For Chris With all best-have a great 1983! Steve King 1/14/83 not signed twice
    Part 2 For Chris Hope you'll have nothing but the best in 1984- Steve King 1/4/84
    Part 3 For Chris With best wishes-hope your holidays will be pleasant Steve King 12/4/85
    Now who was Chris????
    Well that's just a pickle. At first I thought it was for Chris Hemsworth the actor (Thor), but he wasn't born until August 1983. It's possible his name was picked out before hand and his mother wrote to Stephen to announce the amazing conception in November 1982, but that's a stretch, I'll be honest.

Stephen broke tradition with mine to actually put Michael's last name in the final segment, but not in yours. I guess until you are proven otherwise, just pick the most famous Chris worldwide and use your P.R. to get an amazing price for it if you're interested.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Gerald
    Mine are as follows:
    Now who was Chris????
    Well that's just a pickle. At first I thought it was for Chris Hemsworth the actor (Thor), but he wasn't born until August 1983. It's possible his name was picked out before hand and his mother wrote to Stephen to announce the amazing conception in November 1982, but that's a stretch, I'll be honest.

Stephen broke tradition with mine to actually put Michael's last name in the final segment, but not in yours. I guess until you are proven otherwise, just pick the most famous Chris worldwide and use your P.R. to get an amazing price for it if you're interested.
    I have a complete set all signed to Michael McDowell. He did spell out Michael's full name in the inscription on part 1 (signed only once), which is good for me since then the recipient is confirmed.

Mike, have you ever contacted Marsha to see if she might know who is Chris?.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

I think Chris was the King's babysitter?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 567 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 ... LastLast