Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 567 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like his recent sigs. I would say it was signed in the last five years or so. Perhaps at the Three Kings event?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching his inscribed The Gunslinger. The BIN seems reasonable but I'm not sure if I can get past the inscription.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,

There are no printing dates on the uk books?
    How do we identify first prints? Later are written?

Ex i have a IT Uk in front of me. Inside is written

"first printed 1986. Third impression oct 1986."
    So i guess that its a third.

UK tommy: "first printed 1988."

Etc.. That matches the list on the collector website.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Herb. You have answered your own question.

The "How to identify UK 1st Editions" list is correct. (It is also on this site.) If your book matches the description on the list, It's a 1st/1st.

If your book says, "third impression", then it's a 3rd printing.
    The lowest number on the ones with a "numberline" indicates the printing number.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I may be about to post an answer to a question which wasn't really a question to most of you guys at all, but hey... you never know!

We all know that King's Doubleday books were reissued in a series with matching cover art by an artist named Holdorf:

I seem to remember that one of our fellow forum members (don't remember who, sorry) expressed his dismay about the Holdorf PET SEMATARY. Many eBay and ABE booksellers use stock pics of the cover art of this edition with their listings and our fellow forum member had purchased a number of them to no avail, hoping to complete his Holdorf series. However, every time he received the same ol' regular edition of the book, leading him to think that the Holdorf version didn't exist at all.

Well, apparently it does because one of my Dutch collector friends got it from Betts (it was part of the new 'sp' consignment):

Up until today, I had never seen a photo of the actual book.

Maybe I'm telling you guys nothing new and everyone knew the book existed except me and the-forum-member-who-cannot-be-named, but if not: there you go. Another collecting question answered.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I for one didn't know so thanks for the pic!, I picked up the other four from Amazon.com but that one wasn't there so I assumed it wasn't released.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What would be the current price/value for a CD/Hill House issue of 999?

Thanks guys & gals.

Karl

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's one on eBay (with King's signature on the Table of Contents page) with an opening bid of $250.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...item1c16c44688

There are some on AddAll for about $300:

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/sub...oks&store=ZVAB

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    There's one on eBay (with King's signature on the Table of Contents page) with an opening bid of $250.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...item1c16c44688

There are some on AddAll for about $300:

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/sub...oks&store=ZVAB

John
    Maybe we've already had this discussion about seller RussDJ

I've been watching the seller RussDJ for a while now. I'm not completely convinced that he's on the up and up with some of his signatures. At first they look good, I keep going back and looking and......well, not really sure. I would say some, not all, are highly suspect.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've bought a few books from him, but I've been sticking with s/l editions. Seems odd that he'd have so many regular signed trades

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have paid more attention to who the seller was on eBay.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Maybe we've already had this discussion about seller RussDJ

I've been watching the seller RussDJ for a while now. I'm not completely convinced that he's on the up and up with some of his signatures. At first they look good, I keep going back and looking and......well, not really sure. I would say some, not all, are highly suspect.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I posted my recollections of russdj quite a while ago when he first started selling off his collection. Several years ago he was buying every signed King book he could find on eBay (and probably elsewhere too). For a period of a couple of years he was outbidding everybody on just about every auction. Some of us (in private conversations) were thinking that in his indiscriminate buying spree he was accumulating a fair amount of forgeries.

When russdj first started selling his collection on eBay he seemed to list only books with good signatures but inevitably the bad ones had to start showing up eventually. I think that several of the current listings have bad signatures. I would avoid this seller.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

But the German Duddits - Dreamcatcher from russdj is legit.
    Several German collectors observing the Duddits.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I may be about to post an answer to a question which wasn't really a question to most of you guys at all, but hey... you never know!

We all know that King's Doubleday books were reissued in a series with matching cover art by an artist named Holdorf:

I seem to remember that one of our fellow forum members (don't remember who, sorry) expressed his dismay about the Holdorf PET SEMATARY. Many eBay and ABE booksellers use stock pics of the cover art of this edition with their listings and our fellow forum member had purchased a number of them to no avail, hoping to complete his Holdorf series. However, every time he received the same ol' regular edition of the book, leading him to think that the Holdorf version didn't exist at all.

Well, apparently it does because one of my Dutch collector friends got it from Betts (it was part of the new 'sp' consignment):

Up until today, I had never seen a photo of the actual book.

Maybe I'm telling you guys nothing new and everyone knew the book existed except me and the-forum-member-who-cannot-be-named, but if not: there you go. Another collecting question answered.
    Thanks for the info Biomeg, I was not aware that one existed. Now I have one more I need to start hunting for...

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any thoughts on what makes it so difficult to find a f/f US 1st of Salem's Lot? Arguably, all of the early doubledays should be tough (even more so I would think) but with a little patience and the right price I was able to find all. For some reason though, Salem's Lot still eludes me.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on what makes it so difficult to find a f/f US 1st of Salem's Lot? Arguably, all of the early doubledays should be tough (even more so I would think) but with a little patience and the right price I was able to find all. For some reason though, Salem's Lot still eludes me.
    It's probably because of the predominately black dust jacket. It seems to show every bump, stress mark, etc. That usually leads to a grading of VG or NF at best.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It's probably because of the predominately black dust jacket. It seems to show every bump, stress mark, etc. That usually leads to a grading of VG or NF at best.
    Plus the dustjacket is super thin and flimsy, prone to scuffing and wear.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Just curious, but how would you guys grade this 2nd state DJ?

I'm always tempted to think of DJ condition in relative terms (i.e. "this 'SALEM'S LOT dust jacket is graded VG+ which is high compared to the average grading for this book, while that DUMA KEY dust jacket is VG+ which is poor compared to the average grading for that book"). I think that this should be taken into account when looking for a book in a certain condition.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Just curious, but how would you guys grade this 2nd state DJ?
    Near fine (NF) with a description of the few defects. That looks like a real nice copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Bob. I got this one some time ago for the ridiculously low sum of $40. It's married to a 2nd (?) printing book with a Q41 gutter code so I'm still looking for a true 1st printing book.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd also say NF for that dust jacket. It's one of the better ones I've seen.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Would the fellow board members agree or disagree on the description and honesty of this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

That's the book I bought that Jhanic posted a few weeks back. Am I right not to offer refunds? I know that will make some customers stay away from the listing but I feel in this case it's alright, I'm making all of the book's defects known in my listing.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's honest. A good chance for a buyer to obtain a signed book for less than the going rate. You have been upfront with the condition, and are within your rights to refuse returns.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree - you're clearly describing the condition, the damage, the fact that it is a 6th printing, etc. The eBay Protection Plan covers the buyer if the seller misrepresents the condition of the book, but you certainly are not. I don't see how a prospective buyer can have any complaints.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 567 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast