Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Actually, Brad, we're all just regular people on this site with one exception: we are obsessed with collecting Stephen King to one degree or another.

John
    Speak for yourself. Folks are always referring to me as "Special". LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I need some advice here... I missed out on purchasing the S/L copy of IT back when it was available. Prices right now for a S/L copy are anywhere from $625-$900. It would be an awesome addition to my collection, but I'm not sure if I want to pay those prices. Do y'all think the prices might come down any, or is this looking like the second coming of The Stand S/L? I'd be happy with the Gift edition, but even happier with a traycased copy.

Thanks!!
    -Brian

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My gut feel is that prices will probably stay in that range or even go up a little. The thing is that IT is one of the fan's favorites, so lots of people will be looking for copies. Also, it's a great production.

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on how Betts was able to obtain 6 PC copies of the S/L? (I don't mean to imply anything other than my curiosity with that question.)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Any thoughts on how Betts was able to obtain 6 PC copies of the S/L? (I don't mean to imply anything other than my curiosity with that question.)
    Betts is a bonafide bookseller and likely received a discount-just like Cemetery Dance would likely receive a discount from PS Publishing, Gauntlet, etc. Just my thoughts, and David would be the best to answer-if he chooses to do so.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Here is a contest you might want to check out...
    http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2875

Lilja

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone annoyed at themselves for missing out on the S/L IT, maybe you could consider an idea Merlin had a while back - get your Gift Edition remarqued. I know its not the same as a S/L, but it still makes the Gift edition just that more special....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like my remarques! I agree that a remarqued gift edition would be a very good option.

I can't speak on behalf of anyone else, but we don't ask what happens to the contributors' copies after they are shipped. I figure that's none of our business.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post

Lilja
    I love that art from Glenn!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Hi, I made some deals with contributors to this story for their personal copies. These individuals asked that I not share specifics of the transactions, but suffice it to say that I DID NOT receive any discounts on these PC copies...In fact, when I average it all out, my cost is north of $500 per book.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool; thanks for the insight. I guess I imagined that contributors would want to hold on to these, but it makes sense that some don't have any interest in collecting books.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, it appears that PS Publishing in the UK has 1 copy of the S/L at 395 pounds (about $600), if anyone is looking: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/it-sig...ing-1184-p.asp

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post

Lilja
    I sent in my story last night

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'm currently reading the limited edition of IT and had this thought: although a 25-year anniversary made for an obvious milestone it would have been kind of cool if this edition was released in 2012 which would have coincided with the 27-year cycle that IT was on in the book. Kind of inside but most of the people buying the limited would have understood.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    although a 25-year anniversary made for an obvious milestone it would have been kind of cool if this edition was released in 2012 which would have coincided with the 27-year cycle that IT was on in the book.
    You should have ordered the Lettered edition, it does not come out until 2012.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

I'm currently reading the limited edition of IT and had this thought: although a 25-year anniversary made for an obvious milestone it would have been kind of cool if this edition was released in 2012 which would have coincided with the 27-year cycle that IT was on in the book. Kind of inside but most of the people buying the limited would have understood.
    Actually it was the perfect year, It returned after 26 years in 1984, and was presumably killed in 1985. 1985 + 26 = 2011

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    Actually it was the perfect year, It returned after 26 years in 1984, and was presumably killed in 1985. 1985 + 26 = 2011
    I get your drift although the cycle most frequently mentioned is 27 years. My point was more about the marketing of the book. For the hardcore fans that most lilkely make up the target audience it would have been more interesting to promote the book based on the return of IT, not the 25th anniversary of the publication date. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I get your drift although the cycle most frequently mentioned is 27 years. My point was more about the marketing of the book. For the hardcore fans that most lilkely make up the target audience it would have been more interesting to promote the book based on the return of IT, not the 25th anniversary of the publication date. Not a criticism, just an observation.
    I'd say typically only the higher end items (the stuff actually signed by King) are actually targeted to the more "hardcore" fans. The gift edition is more targeted at general fans, King fans, and the general populous. A lot of which probably wouldn't pick up on the cycle of IT. Just my personal opinion though. Generally speaking though these kinds of projects are proposed as "Anniversary" editions because it is a much easier thing to market to the masses. This helps to draw in the "Non-Collector" crowd. At least that's how I look at it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan, i agree. Having a 27th Anniversary item just doesn't have the same appeal as a 25th Anniversary one.

John

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I'd say typically only the higher end items (the stuff actually signed by King) are actually targeted to the more "hardcore" fans. The gift edition is more targeted at general fans, King fans, and the general populous. A lot of which probably wouldn't pick up on the cycle of IT. Just my personal opinion though. Generally speaking though these kinds of projects are proposed as "Anniversary" editions because it is a much easier thing to market to the masses. This helps to draw in the "Non-Collector" crowd. At least that's how I look at it.
    I can't disagree with your position. You would know better who is buying CD books although at $125 I'm not sure how many non-collectors would make the purchase. Someone would have to like the book a heck of a lot to spend that kind of money and if so they would be familiar enough with the story to get the reference. I understand an anniversary is an obvious hook and as much as I like the design of the book the one thing I don't like is the inclusion of "The 25th Anniverary Special Edition" on the dust jacket and cover. It reminds me of when I see "Special Collector's Edition" on book covers or other items and for me it diminishes the overall impact. The fact that the book was published 25 years ago or 5 years ago wouldn't make me more or less likely to purchase. IT is recognized as one of SK's most important works and as such didn't need an anniversary to warrant special edition status. That's why I thought the IT cycle made for a more interesting/entertaining angle. "IT is back again or 27 years ago 5 friends returned..." or whatever. Again, not a criticism, just a different (and minority!) perspective.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I can't disagree with your position. You would know better who is buying CD books although at $125 I'm not sure how many non-collectors would make the purchase. Someone would have to like the book a heck of a lot to spend that kind of money and if so they would be familiar enough with the story to get the reference. I understand an anniversary is an obvious hook and as much as I like the design of the book the one thing I don't like is the inclusion of "The 25th Anniverary Special Edition" on the dust jacket and cover. It reminds me of when I see "Special Collector's Edition" on book covers or other items and for me it diminishes the overall impact. The fact that the book was published 25 years ago or 5 years ago wouldn't make me more or less likely to purchase. IT is recognized as one of SK's most important works and as such didn't need an anniversary to warrant special edition status. That's why I thought the IT cycle made for a more interesting/entertaining angle. "IT is back again or 27 years ago 5 friends returned..." or whatever. Again, not a criticism, just a different (and minority!) perspective.
    I totally understand where you're coming from. Though you'd probably be surprised at the number of customers who purchased the gift edition, who have never purchased anything else from us before. Granted that doesn't mean they aren't collectors, just reduces the likely hood a fair bit.

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I'm a little behind the times on this, but I would like to chime in and note again how awesome this book turned out. I was rearranging my shelves this past weekend and actually spent some time looking at this book. It is really one of the highlights of the collection, one I would put up against my Stand S/L in terms of quality, aesthetics, and heft. Cheers to the team at CD for some great execution on this one. I can't wait to see the Lettered edition when it arrives, although I guess I will need to spend some time reinforcing my bookshelves in the meantime!

As a marketing geek, I just want to chime in and say I'm loving the 25th vs 27th discussion for a lot of reasons... not the least of which is that I had this conversation with myself several times about a year ago when we found out the book was happening. Of course, the terms of publication were outside of our control, so it wasn't a conversation I had with anyone else, but still...

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    I'm a little behind the times on this, but I would like to chime in and note again how awesome this book turned out. I was rearranging my shelves this past weekend and actually spent some time looking at this book. It is really one of the highlights of the collection, one I would put up against my Stand S/L in terms of quality, aesthetics, and heft. Cheers to the team at CD for some great execution on this one. I can't wait to see the Lettered edition when it arrives, although I guess I will need to spend some time reinforcing my bookshelves in the meantime!
    Thank you!

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast