Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You sir, are on my list.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Does anybody remember the guy who posed as Stephen King on TDT.net? I know that story's come up before...it was funny at the time.
    I vaguely recall that it happened, but the details escape me. I'd love to know more.

I also remember Uncle Fardo. He was the funniest person on the site, and I never could figure out who he/she was. Perhaps even more than one person pulled it off.
    Maybe this will jog somebody else's memory for better, more specific details.

Basically, there was a guy whose name escapes me but he posted pretty cogent comments, and had a lot of good things to say about writing and books - he DID know what he was talking about the vast majority of the time.

his style was similar to King's - not in words, specifically, but style. It sounded a lot like King.

Now - the part I don't remember is how it went from an intelligent poster with a King style to people thinking he might BE King. I feel like he donated money to a few things, and I'm pretty sure he helped somebody with a signed book, maybe? He WAS a good guy...even as I type this, I feel like I remember that he dropped hints that he had a hookup in King's office...and slowly over time, implied he knew Marsha better than most (but my memory is iffy). And again, I feel like he proved some sort of connection with a signed book - so it was POSSIBLE. It wasn't just some clown on a message board running his mouth.

There was a point where people started asking him outright, and he did not confirm or deny, but he was cagily evasive - but obviously there were suspicions about his motives. Of the people who cared, most didn't really believe he was - but WANTED to believe, and then some of course flat-out DID believe. Because he HAD helped people out in a few times - so it wasn't like he wasn't backing it up.

The actual emails were posted, but finally Tyler (I think?) emailed him a catfish email where he played along with it and was basically "If you are King, I'll never tell anybody, but this is incredible you're on the site, blah blah..." without actually believing it was him. And then the guy actually said "yes, I am King, but don't tell anybody." I wish I'd thought to copy it, because it was VERY pretentious - he was full-on acting at that point. I can't remember any lines from it, but it was written in the very informal style you'd expect from King - the guy was a great mimic.

But since the whole thing was a trap, obviously Tyler told everybody and banned him from the site - I can't remember the actual clinching evidence, but it's not a case where "wait, maybe it was King and you banned him by mistake!" They did something to confirm it wasn't him - I think Tyler might have contacted Marsha to ask, and King himself said it wasn't...in fact, again, as I type, that's the memory that comes to mind. That Marsha was like "King didn't even know the site existed until you just told me." Or something equally soulcrushing at the time.

But I don't remember the guy's username or anything...and I think once banned, that was just the end. He didn't plead his case or anything.There were people on his side - he HAD helped people, so that was baffling.

And his posts were very good, and his observatons I recall being pretty well-considered..he wasn't a blowhard - I remember early on I had suspicious that it COULD be King, even though I knew it wasn't - but I think it was just a normal fan who was aping King's writing style and then he wanted to have fun with neither confirming or denying, and then it just out of hand. I felt bad, because unless I'm totally misremembring, the reason people ended up trusting him was because he was helping people out - it wasn't like people were giving him money, it was the other way around. Very strange event.

I was just an audience member, though, not any kind of participant. It was good gossip for a little while, but it faded quickly - of course the people who were fooled were disappointed and didn't want to talk about it again, and even the people who never believed were still sad that a good member was a fraud AND I'm pretty sure it didn't help that the one response from the actual, real SK was fairly dismissive of the site itself. I have a memory that Marsha's response was pretty cold - not unfriendly, just utterly dismissive.
    SUPER COOL! Thanks for the post
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    In the early days of .net, quite a number of members would post in the manner of the denizens of Midworld. Rick couldn't stand it. I quoted him in my .net sig for years, including well after he was banned.

"Anyone caught speaking in Dark Tower speak will be beaten with a stick."
    ~ tippy4
    Haha...I couldn't be more on Tippy's side on this.

I HATED this - the constant "thankee Sai..." or "Sai King" was the worst of it, but I know there were other examples/quotes people just loved to use. So lame! Luckily, it seems to have died out here. The harping about #19 also got old for me.

But even though I never said anything about it, I was on Rick's side in a big way.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Personally I would not hesitate to do business with Jonathan. Just to add my two cents.
    Thanks Patrick! I don't believe we have done business before (but I also have a horrible memory!). Thanks for the kind words.
    ~Jonathan

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I'd like then thread to get back on track, so a few more posts and then we can talk about the issue in:

"Buyers" To Avoid

or:

Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Plague
    RF - See post #345 in the Book Dealers to Avoid, etc. thread for Brice's response about our transaction many years ago.
    ~Jonathan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari,

I'm glad he satisfied you.

I am still worried about, and haven't heard back from the members about issues from post #132, and #133.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...t-Rated!/page6

Brice comes around every few weeks, and obviously John Hanic is in a care facility (seemingly in worse health than JReitlan47). Hopefully both of them can confirm that everything has been resolved to their satisfaction.
    I don't have any issues with anyone on the board.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

In the early days of .net, quite a number of members would post in the manner of the denizens of Midworld. Rick couldn't stand it. I quoted him in my .net sig for years, including well after he was banned.

"Anyone caught speaking in Dark Tower speak will be beaten with a stick."
    ~ tippy4
    Haha...I couldn't be more on Tippy's side on this.

I HATED this - the constant "thankee Sai..." or "Sai King" was the worst of it, but I know there were other examples/quotes people just loved to use. So lame! Luckily, it seems to have died out here. The harping about #19 also got old for me.

But even though I never said anything about it, I was on Rick's side in a big way.
    Let's not forget "thank-ya big-big"
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Let's not forget "thank-ya big-big"
    Yes! I knew there was one more specific example I really hated and that was it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I'd like then thread to get back on track, so a few more posts and then we can talk about the issue in:

"Buyers" To Avoid

or:

RF - See post #345 in the Book Dealers to Avoid, etc. thread for Brice's response about our transaction many years ago.

Glad to find out you resolved it for Brice long ago (after only a 4 month delay).
    That and Jhanic saying his fine means we can move along.

"Buyers" To Avoid

or:

Glad to find out you resolved it for Brice long ago (after only a 4 month delay).
    *phew!* Thank you RF.
    ~Jonathan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to think of the staff back then.

Airtraffic
    Valtron
    Dolan

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So. Boobs?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Buyers" To Avoid

or:

*phew!* Thank you RF.

I'll publicly say that I busted your balls-perhaps too much, and it's good to hear people vouch for you now.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So. Boobs?
    D-Cups (O)(O)

Or B-cups:
    (o)(o)

Or freaky cups"
    ῳῳ

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Per herbertwest's request:

Don't open if you wish to skip bouncing pecs

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to think of the staff back then.

Airtraffic
    Valtron
    Dolan
    Oh man...Airtraffic....another guy with whom I did not get along........

He is/was a member here....has not posted in five years.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I remember, he sold his collection.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Airtraffic (IIRC) was a military person doing some for of air traffic control/assistance. Could have been high level, or just moving orange pylons around. We had our troubles, but usually agreed.

I met Airtraffic in Kuwait, actually - used to have a picture but I somehow lost the file.

"Buyers" To Avoid

or:

*phew!* Thank you RF.

I'll publicly say that I busted your balls-perhaps too much, and it's good to hear people vouch for you now.
    Nah...it's all okay. You were just doing your job to protect members here. I'm happy that my mistakes can stay in the past now because I'm happy that ya'll are bleeding my wallet dry these days!
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah...it's all okay. You were just doing your job to protect members here. I'm happy that my mistakes can stay in the past now because I'm happy that ya'll are bleeding my wallet dry these days!

<--------------Would give you a hug emoticon, but Bob (carlosdetweiller) would give me neg rep...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Buyers" To Avoid

or:

*phew!* Thank you RF.

Jon, stop pissing in, Jerome's corn flakes. He hates that!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

<--------------Would give you a hug emoticon, but Bob (carlosdetweiller) would give me neg rep...

People who use emojis a lot are hornier according to science

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Well, that explains this morning
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Well, that explains this morning

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast