Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Your welcome, TN.

Bill, the book signing tour at .net was not an invitation event. There was a public thread in the forums and you simply signed up and sent someone (Valtr0n, I think) a refundable $5 deposit that was not refunded as far as I know. A few people handled the logistics of deciding in what geographic order the book should circulate. Also they came up with a system to scan certain pages and divide the blank spaces into areas that members reserved for signing. That way everyone got a place without worrying about earlier members writing a tome and using all the free space. Then it was up to the members to circulate the book timely and in order and write their lovely thoughts to King within their assigned area.

John, I do recall that you participated, as did I. In fact, I had been a lurker on TDT.net and finally came out of the shadows specifically so that I could sign up for the book tour.

This book tour project is what makes Rachel Readman's beautiful Constant Reader sculptures all the more special.
    Thanks for that info, Patrick!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    John, I do recall that you participated, as did I. In fact, I had been a lurker on TDT.net and finally came out of the shadows specifically so that I could sign up for the book tour.
    I really don't remember participating. I'm not saying I didn't, just that I don't remember. Getting old is a bitch sometimes!

John
    Before sending the book to King, they took photos of all the signed pages. Rachel and Mick probably still have them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just checked to see if you took part John, I still have all the admin records and scans of everyone's messages they wrote in the book, barring a few that somehow got missed. I can't see you on the lists or in among the written messages so I am pretty sure you didn't, which is kinda sad that you missed out on the opportunity.

There is however someone by the screen-name 'R_Flagg', but I don't think it is you Jerome??

There were a number of people who helped with the management and planning in the very beginning and some who threw in ideas but in the end it was a guy called Jared Hodges and my husband Mick and I who did most of the work and got everything to happen. Even Jared stopped frequenting the forum and moved on to a new home, job and life, waaayyy before it was finished. He just kept up the hosting for a behind the scenes web database that Mick and I had password access to for management purposes in the end. We did keep in touch right up until we got the job done and sent the odd email after but then lost touch.

Karen French helped us get it all to Marsha and then eventually she sent Mick & I the reply letter, photos and inscribed book that came back to her via Marsha. I also don't know what has happened to Karen these days, all I know was that I got very blunt email from Robert over at DMG one day saying she was no longer working for or representing DMG and was left wondering what the hell had happened??

Valtr0n did indeed handle the deposits but he didn't pay anyone their money back as far as I am aware. Mick and I had people contacting us asking for their money after they had sent the book on faithfully and we had to tell them to contact Valtr0n and that we were not to blame. Valtr0n also then vanished as I recall and I seem to remember someone told us that he had spent the money paying to fix or replace his broken laptop. How much truth there was to this I don't know but it was shitty and dishonest of him not to give the money back as promised.

In the end Mick and I were the people who funded shipping the book around the final stages getting it to artists etc and we did more work than anyone and vowed to finish the project no matter the cost, if it weren't for us then this project would probably never have seen the end.

As for the Constant Reader sculptures, I did not make any profit out of those at all so all the time, costs and labour that went into them was purely for the memories of others to enjoy. Even today I have not gone much outside the break even point on them as they are not cheap to make but I wanted as many people as possible who had taken part in the book tour to be able to afford them. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints, I am just happy that everyone enjoyed taking part and that we achieved what we set out to do and that members have the sculpture to enjoy as a lasting memory.

Glad you all enjoyed the story behind it anyway and thought I'd fill you in on some more of the gory details!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel and Mick did yeoman's work on making the project happen. I still appreciate your diligence and perservence in guiding the project to fruition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I just checked to see if you took part John, I still have all the admin records and scans of everyone's messages they wrote in the book, barring a few that somehow got missed. I can't see you on the lists or in among the written messages so I am pretty sure you didn't, which is kinda sad that you missed out on the opportunity.
    Thanks, Rachel, for the info. I'm glad my memory isn't going as bad as I thought it was.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Valtr0n did indeed handle the deposits but he didn't pay anyone their money back as far as I am aware. Mick and I had people contacting us asking for their money after they had sent the book on faithfully and we had to tell them to contact Valtr0n and that we were not to blame. Valtr0n also then vanished as I recall and I seem to remember someone told us that he had spent the money paying to fix or replace his broken laptop. How much truth there was to this I don't know but it was shitty and dishonest of him not to give the money back as promised.
    valtr0n is a member here. I believe he is the same guy. As I recall he was/is a 6'8" bearded redhead guy. He worked in a grocery store as a "bagger". I believe he was on staff at dt.net.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, your description is correct, Jerome. We had a choice of allowing our $5 good faith deposit to be used to assist the more financially-strapped members with shipping costs if needed so that they could participate. I know I chose that option for my $5. But I never heard that any funds were distributed. This is now verified by Rachel.

John, sorry. Apparently I'm the one with the poor memory!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes correct guys, he was a member here when the site first kicked off, I think he only posted a few times but has since not been around. As I said I only know what I stated and cannot remember who said about him paying for his laptop. I also seem to recall mention of him losing his job at the time but memories are pretty vague on this stuff. If he is around and wishes to clarify what happened I would love to know that he did in fact sort everything out in the end, maybe it was just personal catastrophe, who knows other than him?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

valtr0n has several hundred posts and last visited in May 2013.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...p?1600-valtr0n

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's 2012, RF

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I think that's 2012, RF
    He last posted in May 2012, but his last log in was May 8th, 2013 @ 4:41 PM PDT.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well maybe we will hear from him, or maybe, not.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Send him a PM, or email him if you think any good would come of it. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Neg rep on the way.
    And Ill lose sleep over that Im sure...
    LMAO... good one TN. *high five*
    Christine

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Neg rep on the way.
    Fight?

Yes, please entertain us - just a little even ???
    And then they go and prove you right TN.
    JK all I am in this thread all the time, mostly to find out if more dirty old man stuff has been posted so I can show my hubby. lol
    Christine

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Send him a PM, or email him if you think any good would come of it. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Personally I've let that part of the experience go. However, in the extremely unlikely event that I were offered my $5 refund, I request it be donated to Rachel and Mick as a drop in the bucket toward their expenses on the project, not the least of which included mailing that book to all the artists for signatures and ultimately to King.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pah, not worth the bother, we are WWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY over it. All in the past and worth every penny and ounce of effort to see it through for everyone we made that promise to. Just thought everyone should know the facts, dirt and drama was all. If you're going to tell a story like the book tour, ya might as well tell the whole thing as best as you can recall.

Valtr0n may have even sent us some money towards it, but it was only some. Again my memory of exact nitty gritty events fails me after nearly 7 years and I don't want to be a false accuser.

Even if we got the money, many people who took part are not around anymore and we probably wouldn't be able to contact them to pay them back. We do have email addresses for everyone that were current back then, but now I am guessing many will have changed.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Neg rep on the way.
    Fight?

Yes, please entertain us - just a little even ???
    And then they go and prove you right TN.
    JK all I am in this thread all the time, mostly to find out if more dirty old man stuff has been posted so I can show my hubby. lol
    Gotta love the trench coat / bag of mixed lollies brigade for sure Christine - I'm trying to do my part for the cause
    We all float down here!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone remember the palavercon grab bags? I have a few signed prints from DT artists from it, but wish I'd kept it all together
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i do have some Bernie Wrightson prints, but no DT ones sadly

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Does anyone remember the palavercon grab bags? I have a few signed prints from DT artists from it, but wish I'd kept it all together
    Think I have one given to me from a member. Not sure where it is stored at the moment though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one around somewhere.

John

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a great little giveaway, I remember that there was quite a bit of excitement about the whole event, but being uk based, no way could attend
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a great little giveaway, I remember that there was quite a bit of excitement about the whole event, but being uk based, no way could attend
    Not many did (although the artists and their contributions were significant), and there was another conference/group that trumped the event. Rumor has it that "someone" took significant art pieces home to "let them dry", and the person never returned them. This might have included a prize or two.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just looked through mine a couple of months ago. I seem to have almost a full set of signed DOTT artwork. I think Karen or Michaela must have put a few extras in for me at the time.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast