Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    They did have an interesting perspective. There was a Collecting Category, but they didn't want a Random thoughts, nor a picture thread in that area. They wanted (more like dictated) for everyone to "participate" in all areas of the forum. They vacillated on the issue, and we had the off topic threads, then they were closed, reopened, then closed.
    There was a lot of unfair vitriol directed your way because you dared to make a few bucks selling books.
    I also remember you telling Kenny it was creepy to have his face as his avatar As I recall, it was quite a raucus back and forth between you two-more than one "fuck you" tossed about.
    Yeah...I feel bad about that Kenny thing...We made up later......but for the record..I was kind of a dick.
    Gotta quote that in my sig.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That kinda makes me want to resurrect my old .net tippy4 quote sig - the only sig I ever used with any consistency.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That kinda makes me want to resurrect my old .net tippy4 quote sig - the only sig I ever used with any consistency.
    Yes Sai, leave a Sigul..

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree you should Patrick.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I agree you should Patrick.
    I'll second that thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember towards the bitter end Mikhaela came in on a rant and accused her husband (Robert Weiner) of impregnating one of the employees at Grant Books. The post wasn't up long before- despite Mikhaela being an owner, a Mod (Kenny) edited it out.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yes! I remember that. The woman was batshit crazy.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember she maliciously edited my signature once when we were trying to recruit people to another forum we branched out to (Redton). When I called her out on it her response was essentially "so what? I can do what I want."

Oh, internet drama

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a lady with some serious mental problems.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    DT.net had, before they "disbanded", what they called a Palavercon. I did not attend, but you could get a cloth bag and a package of prints that were offered. I did this. I still have them all, somewhere.

John
    Bev Vincent discussed it a bit:
    July 22-24 are the dates of PalaverCon, the Stephen King/Dark Tower convention organized by Michaela Wiener and underwritten by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. being held in Durham, NH.

Featured guests include:

-Darrel Anderson (artist for Song of Susannah)
    -Rick Berry (artist for Talisman/Black House and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)
    -Phil Hale (artist for The Drawing of the Three 1st and 2nd editions and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)
    -Frank M. Robinson (The Glass Inferno, The Power, Pulp Culture: The Art of Fiction Magazines)
    -Michael Whelan (artist for Gunslinger, The Dark Tower (DT 7) and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)

This will be a unique opportunity to meet with other Stephen King/Dark Tower fans as well as four of the artists who have visually depicted his novels in Donald Grant deluxe editions over the past 23 years.

One highlight will be the largest ever (and never to be repeated) display of original art from Stephen King's Dark Tower and related series. Whelan, Hale, Berry and Anderson will be participating in program events throughout the convention. With these award winning gunslingers of art, there's a high likelihood of some real art action going down - there'll almost certainly be some live collaboration happening. If you're lucky you might just be able to bid for and get one of these historic pieces fresh off the easel!

For full details check the link below:
    Internet snapshot of the site from April, 2005:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200504200...alavercon.com/
    That was the second PalaverCon, which I didn't attend. I went to the first one, which was a bit of a fizzle. I think there were only 10 people there. They paid for my airfare and we stayed at a cabin out in Neptune or Jupiter or Saturn, Maine (it took forever to get there on those slow roads). I arranged a signing at a bookstore in Portland since I was in the area and the whole gang from Palavercon was late getting there. Most of them had partied late the night before. Fortunately some of my friends showed up, including Glenn Chadbourne and his wife and Rick Hautala and Holly Newstein.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

She ran away with a member she met on the board. I seem to recall the ironic part was his name was "Grant", either that or their cat was named Grant. She claimed that Robert duped her and either A: swapped prenups so she signed the wrong one, or B: forged her signature on a bogus prenup. She met him down in Atlanta and they drove to Arizona to her sister's house. They were broke and I sent her some cash, and essentially haven't heard from her since.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I stumbled upon this. I created it (using the site's software) and posted it on the site:

http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/zoidsmith

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

So is that her in the photo wearing the hat? I think that is Jonathan Reitan to her right in the striped shirt.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    So is that her in the photo wearing the hat? I think that is Jonathan Reitan to her right in the striped shirt.
    Correct. She appeared to be a bit of a "leather and lace-hold the lace" type of gal.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Robert Weiner also in the picture?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen a picture of RW (until now), but based upon this photo where he is the standing man second from the left, I think so:
    (Photo from 2003 World Fantasy Convention, with Robert Wiener accepting for Donald M. Grant) LINK

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen a picture of RW (until now), but based upon this photo where he is the standing man second from the left, I think so:
    (Photo from 2003 World Fantasy Convention, with Robert Wiener accepting for Donald M. Grant) LINK

LOL RF? Do you have a "COA" for the "Post Signature"? LOL LOL Cause I would totally buy it from you!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

LOL RF? Do you have a "COA" for the "Post Signature"? LOL LOL Cause I would totally buy it from you!!! LOL LOL LOL
    Bill, you weren't there in the DT.Net days-I may have to change this thread to permission only-and of course you would not have the password to contribute.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, you weren't there in the DT.Net days-I may have to change this thread to permission only-and of course you would not have the password to contribute.
    First, I was not referencing the "DT. Net" days and second, I most certainly was there when SK was finishing the series, but OK no problemo, El Jefe. I will bow out yet again! After all, what the heck do I know, right? LOL LOL Granted I was no where near as "involved" as others. My bad.

Carry on!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

First, I was not referencing the "DT. Net" days and second, I most certainly was there when SK was finishing the series, but OK no problemo, El Jefe. I will bow out yet again! After all, what the heck do I know, right? LOL LOL Granted I was no where near as "involved" as others. My bad.

Carry on!!!!
    LOL and J/K. You can kick me out to Mr. Flagg.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin1958,
    You obviously didn't understand the "emo" sign language emoticon.
    Here let me try again:

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought strippers were supposed to give 18 year old boys lap dances...not the other way around.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yes, that's Robert and Jonathan.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know he's moved on to other things, but I liked Jonathan's presence on the boards. He was/is very knowledgeable about the horror genre, and it seemed like he was always travelling to horror conventions and things and had stories to tell afterward.

Personally I never had any direct issues with Mik, but I understand why others did. My impression was that behind all the drama, she and Robert had very real marital issues, which I found to be sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast