In a failed attempt to keep me from taking him to court, Michael Autrey sent me this and a bunch of other Barker and King items.
Bob,

I'm probably waaay out of line here, but this statement has stuck in head for a few days- any chance you'd be willing to elaborate? I met the guy only once, ages ago- in 1989 at the Pasadena Public Library where King was giving a talk (incidentally, this event is still one of the highlights of my life; it was when Sk was pretty much at his manic saturation "peak". It was a great talk and Q & A- I recorded it- and he inscribed my first edition Gunslinger which at the ripe old age of 22 cost me a small fortune. He even extended some great small talk about my Megadeth T-shirt, and smoothed out the Head Librarian Lady who chastised me for not having my book pre-opened to the spot I wanted him to sign. He was awesome). Autrey was a pretty big deal back then. Pretty much THE King dealer- he had EVERYTHING in his catalog. Don't think I ever bought a thing from him, but LOVED looking through his catalogs back then and drooling. Anyway, the short story (lol) is in that brief meeting at the Library all those years ago- the guy really rubbed me the wrong way. Just didn't care for hm right off the bat. He seems to have disappeared, so was just wondering when you had a problem with him, and what ever happened to him.

Sorry for derailing the thread!