Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Shadow Show S/L finally arrived! I was starting to wonder, because I'd already seen one on eBay a week or so ago. It goes well with my post #90 above! Pardon the page color, that's just an uncooperative flash. Love all those sigs!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, George! Mine arrived as well (#162)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I had bought some time ago a couple of signed limited Ray Bradbury books
    for my collection. This is one of them

Ray Bradbury - Match to the Flame
    limited 70/750 signed

Publisher Gauntlet
    Edited by Donn Albright
    Published 2007
    l

Gauntlet
    http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...R_ID=293733786

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is feeling generous and wants to get me a late birthday present, you can get me this:

Signed/Limited Asbestos bound first edition of Fahrenheit 451
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Gaunlet Press:
    We have a small number of signed copies of Ray Bradbury’s THE DRAGON WHO ATE HIS TAIL which we are selling for $100. Those who purchased MATCH TO FLAME (published in 2007) received a free UNSIGNED copy of this perfect bound chapbook. We recently found a few signed copies of the chapbook while searching one of our warehouses for another title.

To purchase the chapbook go to the MATCH TO FLAME webpage and scroll down to the very bottom. Order the unsigned chapbook. In the Comment’s section mention “$100 Signed Copy,” These signed chapbooks will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Sorry, no Paypal orders. As always ignore the notice automatically generated by our server. It will not contain the correct price. Publisher Barry Hoffman will send an official confirmation.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    If anyone is feeling generous and wants to get me a late birthday present, you can get me this:

I track this eBay seller (bookbid) pretty closely. If you sort all his items for sale from "highest prices first" you will find all sorts of books to drool over. He's got some amazing items.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

I track this eBay seller (bookbid) pretty closely. If you sort all his items for sale from "highest prices first" you will find all sorts of books to drool over. He's got some amazing items.
    They have got some great items but I think of them about the same way as I think of Bloody Rare Books. Their prices always seem way too high to me.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, sure. I don't plan on buying or offering for any of them. It's just there's something about window shopping. For example, I see a genuine first edition The Cat in the Hat or Make Way for Ducklings or The Hobbit or Lord of the Flies, etc. and I think about what it must have been like if you were a kid and got one of these for Christmas before anyone knew it would be anything special. How many attics or boxes of kids stuff might have a first edition Seuss?

Saturday is the annual antiquarian book fair here in the DC area. I've been before and had a great time looking at the sci-fi first editions. If I had unlimited funds, I would try to collect golden age sci-fi. That's actually my true love (rather than horror). Asimov and Bradbury and Heinlein and van Vogt and Poul Anderson and Fredric Brown, etc.

If I win the lottery I'll offer to buy bookbid's entire inventory. And keep it all to myself!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And Clarke, don't forget Clarke!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Fredric Brown,
    One of my favorite authors.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aint going for sale, but an interesting cover design for Bradbury's FARENHEIT 451
    >>> http://gizmodo.com/5988626/fahrenhei...atchbook-cover
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Aint going for sale, but an interesting cover design for Bradbury's FARENHEIT 451
    >>> http://gizmodo.com/5988626/fahrenhei...atchbook-cover
    I was coming here to post that, but it looks like you beat me to it by a couple of weeks, heh.

That is cool as hell, though.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Dan Chaon

Slowly going through Shadow Show and I was amazed that Dan Chaon basically blew RB off after writing back and forth. It's amazing how RB took the time to write to him and this dude was like "Yo, I'm staying in school" and then never wrote back. So sad.
    His story was great. I wanted to check out his other stuff but it seems very depressing from the reviews I've read.

Does anyone have the Illustrated Life of Ray Bradbury? I can;'t quiete figure out what kind of book it is. Is it an artbook or like a photo book with some artwork collaged in?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I thought Chaon's story was one of the better ones as well, and have put one of his collections on my Amazon Wish List...might even pick it up one of these days. There were several standouts in SHADOW SHOW that introduced to me some (to me) new writers.

I have the ILLUSTRATED LIFE book. It's not really either an artbook or photobook, per se -- the focus is on Bradbuy's life and development as a writer, but is liberally illustrated throughout.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Postscripts 1
    signed limited 45/150

* 'Roads Were Burning' by Adam Roberts
    * 'The Visitation' by Ray Bradbury
    * 'Riff' by Ed Gorman
    * 'The Rose Egg' by Jay Lake
    * Interview with James P. Blaylock by John Berlyne
    * 'Prize Crew' by Gene Wolfe
    * 'The Overwhelm' by Allen Ashley
    * 'A Choice of Eternities' by Eric Brown
    * 'Stripping' by Joyce Carol Oates
    * 'Tarzan of the Alps' by Brian W. Aldiss
    * 'Original Sin' by Lawrence Gordon Clark
    * 'Seventeen Syllables' by James Lovegrove
    * 'How Big's Yours?' by Article by Mike Ashley
    * 'Direct Line' by Ramsey Campbell
    * 'Restraint' by Stephen Gallagher
    * 'Footvote' by Peter Hamilton

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Bruce! I had a 1st/1st of Something Wicked, but a flood in my basement turned it to mulch. At least it wasn't signed.

John

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that one Bruce. Something Wicked may be my favorite Bradbury read so far.
    Eventually I'm going to have to hunt down the S/L edition.
    Mark Twain

1st DRAFT SCREENPLAY MAY 20 1974

2nd DRAFT SCREENPLAY 12/1976

SHOOTING SCRIPT 8/24 /1981

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I wish this book existed
    http://wildernessofthemind.com/

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a nice custom binding. I'm kind of sorry I missed the auction.

Mark Twain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice indeed!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised no one has posted one of these! Gauntlet Press sold these prints earlier this year from a painting by Ray Bradbury for It Came From Outer Space. And with that signature, how could I not buy it?!

BANTAM PAPERBACK 1st EDITION AUG 1962 12 PAGE INTRODUCTION

CORGI U.K.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That novel is the reason I'm on this board now. It got me interested in reading at a very early age. Mr. Bradbury had great taste in books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast