Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just how is this "Random Drawing" going to work?
    This could only happen to a SK book.

Traveler rhinotough is on a distinguished road

I really think the people coordinating this are the same people who coordinated Comic-Con ticket sales last year. This is just as frustrating, with just as many "great ideas." I guess I will be soliciting the help of all my friends and family to try and be a lucky lottery winner. FAIL!

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Anyone is interested, Book Depository has the UK limited for a great price With Free shipping
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/1122.../9781444744576

Mine is on the way

Country
    Country Flag

Just how doing you do an electronic drawing?
    How and when will you know if you are one of the lucky ones?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! How monumentally fucked up can this company get?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please, No more complaints about DMG's handling of the S/L of TWTTK.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    I seriously doubt the demand is a shocker to them... To me their statement reads: We're too incompetent to figure out what went wrong and we're too cheap to have a decent web server that can handle spike traffic.. so here's the plan.

And there will be a 30 hour window in which people can enter this lottery. Do they filter IPs? Can someone make 100 hotmail accounts and enter them all? [not that I would do that..] Who knows. What a horrible way of doing business, imo.
    I think your exactly right. Theres no way they did not know there would be a high demand and I agree that this is their lazy way of dealing with the site melt down

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

What's really odd is that I don't think any of this crashed their servers. So going to a drawing doesn't really help manage the situation. Sure the pages were slow to load, but that's normal for any limited product sale. As was stated earlier, it was all because their coupon code to offer free shipping was not working.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Two things of note:

It does not state the quantity of books that will be in the random drawing.

Winners have until 11/30/11 to pay. So window shoppers can enter on a whim and then cancel out if their name is drawn. What happens to the unclaimed books on December 1st?
    Another random drawing of course

Country
    Country Flag

Why punish us for their screw-up?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yes, any complaints about Grant pale well into insignificance. Unless....

I don't win a copy in the lottery!

My Mood
    Twisted

What really irks me about this is the undelivered promises. Right now Im thinking my order my be canceled because it was three minutes after their arbitrary cut off time. And if they do cancel it Im at the mercy of their "drawing" (which is dragged out for a day and a half to enter??) which now makes the odds very slim that I'll get one. And those that tried Tuesday (for HOURS) and didnt get through should be even more pissed.
    In my line of business if you dont deliver what you promise you get your ass sued right to hell.
    Very unprofessional in all respects.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Two things of note:

It does not state the quantity of books that will be in the random drawing.

Winners have until 11/30/11 to pay. So window shoppers can enter on a whim and then cancel out if their name is drawn. What happens to the unclaimed books on December 1st?
    Another random drawing of course
    I bet they won't bother. My bet is that the extra books will be used for random promotional activities or will go home in the trunks of various S&S employees.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Walked into the Peterson AFB Base Exchange this morning. I was one of the only customers in the place. Walked to the book section and to the completely full rack of 11/22/63 Trade Editions. I was the only one there. Picked the best one. Saw a nearby advertisement where they're holding a drawing for a trip for four to Hollywood and several big $$$ shopping cards; entered that drawing because the prize is worth it. Have until December 4th to enter and I can enter once a day until then. Walked to the front of the store and went straight to a register; no lines, no delays, no waiting. Paid for it with my debit card. My card went through in about 4 seconds, no computer issues at all.

Also just ordered a copy of the UK S/L through Book Depository (thanks for the link), and once again through and done in about a minute or so.

This is the way it should be done.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random drawing? I'm not even ordering one and I'm irritated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    The e-mail I received was from help@thebookdepository.co.uk and the subject was "Pre Order Release", and it said:

Your pre order is in

Dear Bobby X. Fulman*,

I am pleased to let you know that we have just received notification that your pre-ordered book has been made available by the publisher.

This book will be dispatched to you in the next few days...
    etc.
    * Not my real name
    Bobby X. Fulham would be a cool name, dont'cha think?

I got the same email from them. My status showed shipped as well.

I never received an e-mail from them but just checked my order status and it says the book shipped yesterday.

Thanks for the info.

As for the S&S Signed-Limited. My order went thru at around 11:15 central time so I guess that means it will be canceled. Not really fair, I spent over 3 hours trying to get thru there messed up system, finally did and now they are going to cancel it. I checked my CC and the charge is there but I suppose they will just credit it back. What a bunch of Crap!! You would think a company as large as S&S would have there act together.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

All things considered this does seem like an unusually unfair method of "fixing" the situation.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    OK so got it ordered using the work around.

Talked to a supervisor at S&S and these orders will have the extra shipping removed from them, and they are not suppose to be messed with later.

Here is the link again to add it to your cart https://store.simonandschuster.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sequence=1&ProductSKU=9781451663 853&CartItemID=1346137",%20false,%20true))

Good luck all

Success!!!!! This worked for me!!!! I think!!! LOL LOL
    yeah... this finally worked for me...
    But I stand by my opinion - S&S is still a pretty screwed up- FUBAR - company...

It'll surprise me if we all get these books for the quoted price... I have a feeling it ain't done yet.

well... I do hate to tell ya'll I told you so... but as you can see above....
    I told you so...on Tuesday.

if there is one thing you can count on...
    S&S has no idea what the duck they are doing and they could care less. That's what happens when you get to big for your britches.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    AND they won't ship to a prison - that's just mean!!!!

Now that's funny !

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just used their "contact us" to report a fault with their website.

I've advised them some fuckwit must have hacked their site and made it look like they plan to have a random draw to sell their special edition 11/22/63. I've said it must be a hacking problem cos no right minded person would ever knowingly set up such a fucking useless way to sell this book....

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post

I've advised them some fuckwit must have hacked their site and made it look like they plan to have a random draw to sell their special edition 11/22/63. I've said it must be a hacking problem cos no right minded person would ever knowingly set up such a fucking useless way to sell this book....
    That's the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time.......

FUCKWIT!

AKC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm good to go. Got the email confirm at 11:57 and I checked the order status and all is well, so far. Order status is "OK"

By the way, in answer to a question posted upthread. I think earlier in the thread from Tuesday someone got a count of what was sold on 11/8 and it was like 101 leaving 749 abailable for the really fucked up "drawing"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post

That's awesome!

I'll probably enter the drawing once or twice (if we're able), but I'm not going out of my way to get this one. If I don't "win" the chance to buy a copy, I'd probably pick up a copy for publisher's price, but not much more.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian Freeman, take not of this thread!! There, but for the grace of God...........

LOL Actually, S&S shoulda sub-contracted you guys to this the right way on their behalf!!!

For CD!!!!! Does everyone remember, with fondness, how smooth the S/L for "IT" went?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast