Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2026

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got #238 of the H&S S/L in case anyone has a dying need for this particular number; I'm looking for #414.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There's a notch cut out of the upper right corner of the back side of the DJ. Ragged edged. It continues diagonally across the spine. When it reaches the front cover, it goes mostly horizontally across, though still ragged. From the printed hardcover, you can see Stephen King / 11/22/63 / A novel

The front of the DJ is split down the middle and held closed by the EXTRA! sticker. Presumably if you took that off, it would open. The DJ flap inside the front cover has the price at the top, but the top starts about 2" down.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I was reading an article on 11/22/63 in the Books A Million magazine that 11/22/63 has already been optioned for a film by Silence Of The Lamb director; Jonathan Demme. How cool would it be if this actualy was made into a movie!. It would rival Shawshank Redemption!.
    man, id love another great screen adaptation of a king work like shawshank, green mile or stand by me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, the shipping box and packing job by S&S was pretty hap-hazard. Hate to crap on them again, but as a premier book publisher you would think they might have some form of quality control. My book made it here safe and sound, but certainly not due to any efforts on the part of the S&S staff.

I just don't know what to say about these guys. Seems they are incompetent from the ground floor up!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought my copy was packed pretty good. Multi-layered bubble wrap and a sturdy box.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I thought my copy was packed pretty good. Multi-layered bubble wrap and a sturdy box.
    Yep. Mine too.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well mine looked like it was in that "Gorilla Baggage handling" commercial from years ago. I realize this was probably due to the S/H company, but the box was torn very easily as well and it wasn't carefully packed. How it got here unscathed is a mystery!! Box was very small as well, leaving no room for handling mishaps.

Then, maybe I'm being overly critical?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John

I just got mine today, and this was my experience... arrived safe and sound!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No extra thought put into shipping of the H&S version ... no bubblewrap either, just slipcased book inside of heavy sealed cardboard and then another slightly oversized (by about an inch, to protect the corners) layer of cardboard around that. It worked though, book made it fine from England.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know what S&S will do with the unclaimed extras they might have Dec.1st?
    Because my order is still active over at Amazon.com.........lol

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I contacted thebookdepository.co.uk to cancel my order, and they told me to hold on until they are absolutely sure they aren't getting any. I paid $112.50 back in July for the book, so I'd love it if it came through somehow.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Anyone know what S&S will do with the unclaimed extras they might have Dec.1st?
    Because my order is still active over at Amazon.com.........lol
    In the rules it stated they will do another drawing, from the people that didn't win in the first drawing for the ones that aren't claime by Dec. 1
    Christine

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not cancelling either of the two orders I have outstanding for the s/l 11/22/63. If they should happen to come through, great! If not, I'm not out any money.

John

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

John
    I received mine today and it was packed the same. I had one issue. The dust jacket has a rip about 1" long on the spine. I called them up and they are sending me a new dust jacket and I can keep the ripped one. The book itself is in perfectly good condition. I was fearful that if I called them they would want me to send the whole book back but that wasn't the case. No sense in sending the book back if its in great condition.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine was "Out For Delivery" with UPS with a change in the last hour that it was "missed"; so now I'll be driving to whatever UPS facility actually has possession of it to pick it up in a hour when I get off work. I want UPS to have as little time as possible to damage the package.

BTW, I was a lucky winner in the lottery system. I didn't originally really want this book, but since it seems so different from his regular books and he seems to be proud of it, I decided to go for it. My apologies to all you folks that put in all the hours of frustration during the on-sale date. Good luck to us all getting what we want.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    BTW, I was a lucky winner in the lottery system. I didn't originally really want this book, but since it seems so different from his regular books and he seems to be proud of it, I decided to go for it.
    Hopefully you "went for it" in order to read it. It's a very very good book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Finished reading the book last night. Wow. Just......wow.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Bob, I also finished reading yesterday.
    Been trying to find the words to describe the story and my reaction/feelings.

You put it best.

Karl

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I AM LOOKING FOR MORE COPIES OF THE S/L 11/22/63....I have more orders than I have supply at Betts. I haver puchased several copies from some of you (MANY THX) but I need more!! This is proving to be a HUGELY popular book (signed trade and S/L). please email me at david@bettsbooks.com if you have one you can sell.

David

And thanks and happy holidays everyone!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I too recently finished the book. I feel it is the best thing he has written in a long, long time.Simply brilliant. A surefire King classic, right up there with IT. Loved it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was blown away by this book. I know some people have had issues with King's more recent work (not me, though) but I can hardly imagine anyone to be disappointed by 11/22/63. It has nestled itself comfortably in my King Top 5.

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I am awaiting a S&S LTD to arive from the US and have also been toying with the idea of buying the UK LTD but considering it is the same price as the authentically signed UTD I think the cost is over the top. How on earth can Hodder justify this. Did they under price UTD or overprice/hope for the best because of the subject matter 11/22/63?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I milked the last 100 pages for as long as I could because I found it so enjoyable. As I've stated before I would be content if SK were to write human interest stories from here on out. Most members who liked 11/22/63 have commented on how much they enjoyed the sections focused on Jake and Sadie and I think it would be very interesting to see what SK could do over the course of a full length novel stories in the vein of The Body, Shawshank, Hearts In Atlantis, etc.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just at my local Barnes & Noble (where I bought my trade edition the day it came out) and they only have third printings on the shelves now.

John

John F. Kennedy programmer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool

Hi,

First time posting.

For those of you who received damaged signed limited editions like a bent corner or something, did you attempt to have it replaced by Simon & Schuster? Did they take it back and sent you a replacement?
    Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast