Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: WeDealInLead

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book collection: WeDealInLead

Here is my humble collection. There are still a lot of books I need, namely UK gift editions, some US firsts, anthologies and S/Ls but I feel the collection is decent enough to showcase. I'm not a completist and some S/Ls simply don't interest me because they're not either aesthetically appealing to me or I didn't like the story. Anyways... this is it... for now.

Top shelf is bigger books and books that I thought look great to display on their own (they also didn't fit because I ran out of room). This shelf is gift editions of The Secretary, S/L of The Secretary Vol. II, The Stand 1st, The Dead Zone by Easton 1st, 'Salem's Lot gift edition with extra prints, TDOTT signed by Phil Hale. Also a tdt.org pin and some wooden turtle.

The second shelf are all S/L editions. Clearly, the hole next to The Stand needs to be filled with more TDT S/Ls pronto.

This shelf is consisted of gift editions and The Dark Tower series. The Gunslinger is the 1st printing and signed by Michael Whelan.

The bottom two shelves are a mixed bag of BCEs, firsts and later printings. Most aren't in chronological order. They will all eventually be first printings but for now, these will do:

All at once with door open:

... and door closed:

I really like the bookcase. It's another high quality (not!) Ikea product. I gotta say it though, the adjustable front legs are a nice touch. They allow the bookcase to be angled any way I want it to.

There are around 15 more books that simply don't fit in the case. They're mostly anthologies and books of a smaller size (The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Blaze and such.)

I also have non SK books that I will post later.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! You've got a good collection there!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    There are around 15 more books that simply don't fit in the case.
    Nice looking collection. And the solution here is obvious. You need more bookcases.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You have some S/L's that I want, starting with that LEGACIES!

I like the concept you mention of the adjustable feature on the bookcase's front legs.

Nice collection, looking forward to seeing more!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great start of your collection thread and yes, show us your other authors as well (a pic or two of the record collection wouldn't hurt either).

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

You really don't do your collection justice, it's bloody brilliant!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A beautiful Collection, especial MY Night Visions 5

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you have a fantastic collection. One thing I've learned from everyone else on the board is to not call your collection humble. You can't collect books to compete with others. I haven't be collecting for 20+ years, so I don't expect my collection to be nearly as large as others. But that's OK. Enjoy what you have and be proud to show it off. Especially that S/L The Stand. How cool is that!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like the bookcase and the way you've organized the books in it. I have a lot of King books but there are some in your collection I still don't have! Humble indeed it is not!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

@jhanic. Thanks! More to come.. always.

@carlosdetweiler. Exactly what I was thinking. I'm waiting for nicer weather so I can drive to the closest Ikea (90 minutes away) as well as for the tax return time. We (meaning mostly me) are getting another matching bookcase, and I'd like to get a mantle that will go above the fireplace. Oh yeah, we need to buy the fireplace too. Once it's all done, it's going to look great.

@biomieg. Sadly, I sold off most of the expensive records and ended up buying the books I showed in this thread. I mean, I loved all those records dearly but what's the point if I can't display them properly and the only thing on a $200 record you see is the spine? I think I sold 200-300 records in the last few months, eBay and at shows I'd go to. As far as other authors, I don't have any massive collections. Around 10 by Tim Lebbon, 5-6 Michael Slade, random S/Ls mostly from CD and SubPress. I recently discovered Dan Simmons and China Mieville and I'm buying their S/Ls in chronological order, one every few months as their names come back into the reading rotation.

@stockerlone. Sorry man, I was as clueless as to what was up just as much as you were.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a great collection,you have a couple of books there that i have yet to get!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my humble collection.
    Maybe you should invest in a dictionary???

FANTASTIC!!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Sad news friends. I was forced to sell The Stand S/L. For the first time ever I owed taxes and this was the simplest solution.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That is sad, but that's also the way I'll get that book one of these days!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ouch!! i'd say that hurt!

Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I have 3 S/Ls on the way, I'll get over it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I have 3 S/Ls on the way, I'll get over it.
    Are you buying or selling..?
    The Stand S/L one day..gone the next.
    DT S/L ....

Country
    Country Flag

I bought The Stand for a low price just to sell it for profit and then buy some DT S/Ls. I tried selling on eBay but no one bid on it. That was just as well, I really liked the book. Then I get hit with a massive tax bill and I get an offer for the book from someone who was watching the book on eBay. I relisted it for more than I was asking for the first time around, emailed the link to the buyer and she used BIN and bought the book. So yes, I'm sad I had to sell The Stand but that tax bill really took me by surprise,and selling that book was the fastest way to take care of it.

FDNS, DT 3 and 4 should all be here soon.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry you had to sell, but at least you've got the tax man off your back and you'll be getting those other S/L's to soften the blow.

Country
    Country Flag

Some books are gone, some are new. The 2/3 empty shelf is reserved for S/Ls so that might take a while to fill. I could move the DT S/Ls and fill it but I like the idea of all Dark Tower books on the same shelf.

I also had to move 20-30 books out of the case.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats looks great and that traycased Knowing Darkness looks really good there!
    Must be a proper sturdy shelf

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Looks great! I can't get over how absolutely HUGE that Knowing Darkness is. I only have the slipcased one and it's big enough!

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Great Collection...love the bookcase, where did you get it?
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Ikea

Country
    Country Flag

Updated collection. I removed some of the 1st editions of King books and kept the ones that 'do it' for me. I'll have a dedicated King bookcase once I have all the US 1sts. Until then, it's a split between gift editions/signed anthologies/certain 1sts and limited editions of other authors. King was my gateway to small press horror and sci-fi and so was this forum and some members' apparent excellent taste. Anyways, here it is, all-in-one picture:

Top 2 rows is a mix of signed anthologies, slipcased gift editions and Dark Tower books. Knowing Darkness is not written by King but rightfully belongs on the top shelf. Nicest book I've ever seen. Also, the turtle which I'm sure you know is of some significance to the Dark Tower books (and It.)

Next two rows are another mixed bag of gift editions, first editions and limited editions by other authors. First book on the left is Desperation/Regulators with the night light. Next to is the first printing of The Dead Zone from Easton Press. The Green Mile is one of the nicest gift editions ever done IMO. Rest of that shelf and up to Hearts In Atlantis is made up of first editions. Next 6 books are from Centepide Press (John Farris, Charles Grant, Rex Miller.) All signed/numbered editions. That publisher is slowly becoming my favourite. Every book on this shelf is signed and Joe Hill's are personalized.

Bottom shelf is the only one in this case that is strictly signed and numbered/lettered editions of other authors. No signed trade editions, just limited editions. First few are signed anthologies. After that is one of my favourites: Tim Lebbon. Sideshow and Lord of the Mountain by Ollie are lettered. I'm starting collections of Dan Simmons and China Mieville but they're not a priority... yet. John Scalzi is another favourite. The man knows his sci-fi.

There are always more books on the way and these shelves will probably look differently next week but this is the bulk of my collection. I have 3 more bookcases of first editions, collections, anthologies etc but the books in this case are more collectible.

Bonus pictures:

Insomnia print. Signed by King and Phil Hale:

Making a chair. Signed by Neil Gaiman.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast